It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 casualties reported on Las Vegas Strip.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
Interesting, that the car looks to be an Olds Aurora. Has a pretty powerful 4.25 liter V8. The name game people will have a field day if it is an Aurora...

Right, that doesn't really look like an Oldsmobile to me..

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mulder85

Too soon?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: infolurker

So was this an assault vehicle?

Sadly this won't help the pro gun crowd , it only hurts their argument.

Obviously using a car for a mass shooting causes less fatalities per victim, then simply using a gun for the mass shooting.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: infolurker

So was this an assault vehicle?

Obviously using a car for a mass shooting causes less fatalities per victim, then simply using a gun for the mass shooting.

People died and you are worried about statistics?

I'm truly sorry for the families that lost loved ones. And my thoughts and prayers go out to all of them.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I wonder what is making the sherif and officials so "uncomfortable"?

Could it be Vegas officials think the "t-word" will put a dent in tourism, especially the hugely popular New Years celebration?

Could Lynch and her DOJ/CRS be putting some uncomfortable pressure on them to keep their mouths shut about the killer's stated motivation?

In a press conference today at noon led by Metro Sheriff Joe Lombardo, officials said that Holloway did tell them why she ran down the pedestrians, but because the investigation is ongoing they aren’t comfortable releasing the information to the public yet. He said that she was “very stoic” at the time of the event and “she didn’t appear to be distressed due to her actions.” No alcohol was found in her system, although she may have been taking some type of stimulant, 3 News reported.

heavy.com... t-hollywood-paris-hotel/

edit on 21-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I live in Vegas. Nobody is scared. Nobody here thinks it was Islamic terrorism.

Everyone that lives here knows that Vegas has one of the highest pedestrian death and injury rates in the US. We're constantly bombarded with how dangerous it is to jaywalk and how many drunk drivers we have here. That's not necessarily relevant, but this crime and these victims will be added to those statistics.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Sheriff Lombardo at press conference today:

"We are not 100% ruling out the possibility of terrorism. The intentional act that occurred on the Boulevard is going to be very hard to explain at face value, so we're working through that"

He also emphasized they have almost no information about her background.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

There was no shooting?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The killer was not drunk.

Her act was intentional and charged with murder while the vast majority of cars hitting pedestrians are ruled accidents and charged as involuntary manslaughter at worst.

The innocent victims were not jaywalking and are not to blame.

Officials have not completely ruled out terrorism and are not comfortable stating her true motive.

It is very cold to dismiss this killers victims as insignificant statistics.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

The killer was not drunk.

Her act was intentional and charged with murder while the vast majority of cars hitting pedestrians are ruled accidents and charged as involuntary manslaughter at worst.

The innocent victims were not jaywalking and are not to blame.

Officials have not completely ruled out terrorism and are not comfortable stating her true motive.

It is very cold to dismiss this killers victims as insignificant statistics.

I'm not being cold. Walking in Vegas is a dangerous activity. Nobody is blaming the victims.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: mulder85

Too soon?

...to make the exact same joke that somebody else made 35 minutes before you? What's your guess? Got any original material?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
TERROR ATTACK IN LAS VEGAS! Woman Driver, Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Runs Over 40 people on Las Vegas Strip

www.superstation95.com...

believe it or not.....

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

I am going with not.

Although terrorism is still on the table according to officials.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
TERROR ATTACK IN LAS VEGAS! Woman Driver, Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Runs Over 40 people on Las Vegas Strip

believe it or not.....

Sounds about right. I just saw a pic of her in her head scarf and read about witnesses saying she was screaming Allahu Akbar....but yeah, let's turn a blind eye.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Uh oh. This is definitely a red flag:

www.oregonlive.com...-commented_today_article
The FBI is helping with the investigation.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

believe it or not.....

Sounds about right. I just saw a pic of her in her head scarf and read about witnesses saying she was screaming Allahu Akbar....but yeah, let's turn a blind eye.

You guys might be right, my only issue is that I can only find the one witness account and it never gave their name. Need more information.

Again, my other issue is that I live in Vegas and nobody I know is afraid. We're all working and shopping as normal. If it's terrorism, it didn't work.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
We need more laws on the books to make it harder for people to obtain these assault vehicles it's just getting out of hand.

Sigh.... So we need to go after AAA ( triple A is an American road side assistance company for those out of the country )
And go after OnStar for providing support to these "Motorist".

This Is terrible. Last I checked. Vegas had barriers and walking overpasses for pedestrians. So I was confused how she got the car there. And with a child.
I thought this was a case of drunken "Felony Stupid". But after reading she made effort to put the car in reverse and direct the car right back at pedestrians, I say deliberate and cruel. and cruel to the child in the car as well.

I won't say terrorist. But I will say intentional and very sad.

edit on 21-12-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Quite a difference in appearance between the older photo and her booking photo.

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
From what I've read so far she's homeless, her b/f is also homeless and they may have had a falling out before she went on her rampage. She wasn't found drunk but it is possible she was under the influence of a stimulant drug, tests still pending. Back in October she wanted to change her name to Paris Paradise Morton.

I got a feeling she's bat poop crazy, emotionally disturbed.
edit on 21-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

believe it or not.....

Where is the pic with headscarf can you link it please and thanks?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join