It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threats, harassment, vandalism at mosques reach record high

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: whyamIhere

I complain about others? Still upset about your Trump thread? Either way, you are literally the pot calling the kettle black here! Propaganda? You mean like the crap Trump pumps out of his Facebook and Twitter account? Ironic!

It appears this was posted already but guess what, reposts happen and when you repost something I'll be sure to be there to point it out.

Nvm
edit on 21-12-2015 by whyamIhere because: OP wants my attention....you got it

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am sorry if I am reading your post wrong

You are partially.

Attacks on religious buildings and against all religions, occur more frequently than they should.

Absolutely.

but I think you just highlighted why they aren't crying about the claims of an increase in attacks on mosques.

This is where I wasn't necessarily clear. The fault is with me, not you.

What I mean is that the people in this thread refusing to talk about the topic, attacks on Mosques, by instead talking about attacks on Churches didn't want to talk about attacks on Churches when they were brought up a few months ago. My guess is because they were black Churches.

Since no one is taking up a banner and calling out those attacks

Well, people did...

why should this be expected to be treated any differently?

I really don't see the logic of such.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Muslims. Seems to me you are just here to downplay attacks on mosques. Shame on you.

I would think the shame would be in placing more value on the attacks occurring against one particular religion, while ignoring or downplaying all the others.

It is all wrong. It is not more wrong or less wrong, regardless of the religion. So you are correct that I do not place more importance on attacks occurring against mosque than attacks against synagogues or churches and I feel no shame or remorse for not doing so.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

here here!

That was my point in posting that he should post a comparison of that of Churches that had been victimized by vandalism, burglaries, murders and rapes. Less happens at mosques than other religions but because of recent events everyone want to prop up a victim mentality for Muslims.

I reckon that until Muslims clean up and police their own that we will see more SB style attacks and in turn more mosques getting targeted by vandals.

It is like when the Westboro Baptist church got vandalized and targeted by an arson attempt. but someone was there to put out the fire. Now they have security.

Westboro brought it on themselves, and in a way Islam (all flavors) will bear the price for all Islamic Extremist until they can root them out.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

You see, no one but you and Chester are placing more value on one or the other! This thread is about the rise in attacks on Muslims but does that mean I must also include attacks on black churches, scientologists, Jewish temples, Buddhists, and so on? Of course I don't and that's because this thread isn't about every single religion being attacked! Shockingly, you and Chester only care about Christian churches, well as you'll have us believe. Rise against Muslims is a fact and it's a direct result of terrorism and political rhetoric.

And so this thread developed into exactly what I knew it would and that's all thanks to Chester and people such as yourself. You both have successfully derailed this thread because I sense you both dislike Muslims, well Chester does for sure as his post history will prove.

Shame on you both.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Shocking, here he is patting Night on the back.

You know full well what this thread was about but you're only goal was to derail it and that's because you're against Islam and can't stand to see them portrayed as the victim.
edit on 21-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Islam does not belong in the US, it only belongs in Islamic countries. Because Islam is not a religion, but, in fact, a social, political, cultural structure. Any country that Muslims go to, they will attempt to gain political, social and government positions in order to implement their desired cultural norms.

More Americans should be interested in keeping Muslims out and removing the ones that are already in the US.

Look no further than France, Sweden, Nederlands, Britain, and Belgium. Unchecked Muslim immigration is really bad for the indigenous culture.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

That's pretty bold to say a religion doesn't belong in America, even if politics is apart of it. Our forefathers would greatly disagree with you but I'm pleased to say Islam isn't going anywhere and is free to reside here in the good old USofA.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Ummmm... the founders were not to fond of Islam.

From May 1801 to June 10, 1805 sailors and Marines of the young American nation fought battles immortalized in a line of the Marine Hymn: “…to the shores of Tripoli”. As American forces approached Tripoli on land threatening to capture it, Karamanli suddenly became interested in negotiations. The war ended with a treaty exchanging prisoners, Americans giving Karamanli another $60,000 in ransom and an agreement from the Muslims to cease attacks on US ships.

In 1807 Muslim pirate attacks on American ships began anew. As a result Americans led by President James Madison fought Algerians in the Second Barbary War in 1815, leading to another treaty under which the Muslims paid American $10,000 for damages. The Algerian ruler almost immediately repudiated the new treaty after the US departure and again began piracy and the enslavement of captured Christian sailors necessitating an 1816 Anglo-Dutch shelling of Algiers and ultimately the colonization of Algeria in 1830

American Commissioners to John Jay, 28 March 1786:

We took the liberty to make some inquiries concerning the Grounds of their pretentions to make war upon Nations who had done them no Injury, and observed that we considered all mankind as our friends who had done us no wrong, nor had given us any provocation.

The Ambassador answered us that it was founded on the Laws of their Prophet,1 that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as Prisoners, and that every Musselman who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise.

John Adams did indeed own a Quran -- the copy he owned contained the following in the preface:

This book is a long conference of God, the angels, and Mahomet, which that false prophet very grossly invented; sometimes he introduceth God, who speaketh to him, and teacheth him his law, then an angel, among the prophets, and frequently maketh God to speak in the plural. … Thou wilt wonder that such absurdities have infected the best part of the world, and wilt avouch, that the knowledge of what is contained in this book, will render that law contemptible ...

John Quincy Adams wrote about the Islamic prophet Mohammed -

In the seventh century of the Christian era, a wandering Arab of the lineage of Hagar, the Egyptian, combining the powers of transcendent genius, with the preternatural energy of a fanatic, and the fraudulent spirit of an impostor, proclaimed himself as a messenger from Heaven, and spread desolation and delusion over an extensive portion of the earth. Adopting from the sublime conception of the Mosaic law, the doctrine of one omnipotent God; he connected indissolubly with it, the audacious falsehood, that he was himself his prophet and apostle. Adopting from the new Revelation of Jesus, the faith and hope of immortal life, and of future retribution, he humbled it to the dust, by adapting all the rewards and sanctions of his religion to the gratification of the sexual passion. He poisoned the sources of human felicity at the fountain, by degrading the condition of the female sex, and the allowance of polygamy; and he declared undistinguishing and exterminating war, as a part of his religion, against all the rest of mankind.

John Quincy Adams -
...he [Muhammad] declared undistinguishing and exterminating war, as a part of his religion, against all the rest of mankind...The precept of the Koran is, perpetual war against all who deny, that Mahomet is the prophet of God.

The vanquished may purchase their lives, by the payment of tribute; the victorious may be appeased by a false and delusive promise of peace; and the faithful follower of the prophet, may submit to the imperious necessities of defeat: but the command to propagate the Moslem creed by the sword is always obligatory, when it can be made effective. The commands of the prophet may be performed alike, by fraud, or by force.

George Sale -
It is certainly one of the most convincing proofs that Mohammedism was no other than human invention, that it owed its progress and establishment almost entirely to the sword.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I see 3 D's in that last post.

I am not against Islam, but I am against its form of Government, Sharia.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Why is it many don't see it that way?

It is the only religion that takes a hold of any nation changes all governing laws to that of Sharia. It happened all over the Middle East, so Asia and Indonesia since 600AD, we see it happening in Africa today, and in all Micro Muslim Conclaves around the world in all other countries. All in the name of Freedom of Religion

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

triple thumbs up on a great post.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

This is NOT ok, but this should not be a surprise either, an this eye an eye mentality motivated by the extremism on both sides,the west would be wise not to import Islam in the droves, we seriously risk breakdown of our society because of the extremism that already exists here. We need to help those who need help, by keeping them in their country's and stabilizing said countries, we need to defeat the far right extremism,and at times the far left extremism that already exists here, but importing a religion enmass that have upwards of 28% who hold extremist beliefs into the west, is not the answer. I am not specifically talking about America, as I believe our vetting process and terms of entry through the legal channels are among the best in the world. Expect more of this as attacks increase across the west, Bigots and extremists need little reason to perpetrate such acts.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Boohoo!!!

Better to be balanced than one sided.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Looking at the data it is between 60 to 70 mosques have seen vandalism and/or harassment and I'm sure the harassment is the larger of the two in numbers. What this means is some idiot could walk past a mosque and scream something at them and ding number 71...

We could be talking less than 100 people involved across the whole dam country with many of these happening in the same areas. So is it safe to say that out of 330 million we just might have 100 or so idiots that might do this? You know when you go from 1 to 2 it is also a record high, so I see an agenda with this article that is as bad as the attacks themselves.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It's all about fear, folks. That's what is driving this record high of vandalism and harassment. After Paris and San Bernandino, most people instantly assume anyone who looks muslim is most likely a terrorist or affliated with ISIS (Anecdotal experience from living in the rural South). Those two attacks really helped ratchet the fear level up. It's like what Yoda said, "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join