It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-crime arrives in the UK: Are you ready to label someone "capable" of breaking the law?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

Maybe they should be deploying these so called pre-crime systems and cameras in our House of Commons and at Number 10?

Considering those bastards commit more crime and heinous actions against our populace than any would be terrorist or criminal organisation ever could.
edit on 21-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
People often think that freedom has something to do with privacy. It does not.

Being watched doesn't stop you from being free to do what you want to do. What matters the most is whether or not the eye that is watching is good or evil and what the consequences are from being watched (if a man is being watched and steals but suffers no consequences from it, then what? but if a man is being watched and steals and suffers consequence from it, then what?).

Because who cares if there are camera's set up on every street corner... except the person who wants to hide something? And why does that person want to hide? Perhaps because they want to do something sneaky(commit a crime)? Otherwise being watched while you cross the street doesn't stop you from crossing that street. Being watched while you eat doesn't stop you from eating out or even stop you from farting. Being watched while you shower, well maybe that might feel a little embarrassing at first lol but, it won't stop you from showering. We're all stinky human bodies that value good hygiene(a lot of us anyway?) and it ain't no crime to be human.

So yeah, privacy has nothing to do with your freedom to live, sing badly, do jumping jacks, dream loud, and etc. After all, what is GOD, who see's all? And does his all seeing ability stop people from being who they are and living their lives? I think not. Religious people have no problem believing in an All Seeing Eye of God but then maybe that's because God doesn't really give you evidence of being watched or immediate consequences for your actions(the consequences come in the after-life, which I think is part of some evil scheme to get us to endure the stench of our own feces for as long as possible).

It is in this fashion that I sense only those who don't want to be seen due to their naughty acts will cry the loudest when this kind of surveillance is implemented.

I've thought a LOT about this, and I continue to do so because it's a subject that has touched my personal life... and I'm babbling a lot and I know lots of people won't like what I have to say but basically, I really think it depends on the eye that is watching. And I am a growing fan of an all seeing eye that is just and fair and good. A real one that will deliver fair consequences. I think it WILL reduce crime rates, if done correctly, and I'm a fan of that.

I liken it to living in a household full of people and keeping watch over all people in that household in order to make sure that things are good (a parent going through a teenagers stuff, and etc). It can be likened to how a workspace has camera's, which keep the workers and the employers safe, not only safe from one another but also safe from outsiders as well. But it all really depends on who's the head of the household and if they are good or not. And of you don't like the household you're in, then get out, or start a rebellion, or whatever.

And... I'm sorry if this is really redundant.
edit on 21-12-2015 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I pretty much agree with the most of what you just said. I just hope what ever it is, they dont just fuxor with me all day w/ little crap.

Heheh.

edit on 21-12-2015 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Problem i have with that thinking is that you most lightly have the best of intentions towards your family and household. Can you honestly say the same about our governments motivations for installing such an overtly intrusive system of observation?

Privacy might have nothing to do with freedom but its still a basic human right and a necessary requirement for people to go about there daily business without feeling as if they are constantly be observed and assessed.
edit on 22-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Hi Andy!

Yes for sure. Not to be redundant but I did write it above in my post:

I really think it depends on the eye that is watching.

I think that, additionally, corruption is bound to happen in large institutions/households/governments(the larger the institution gets, the more room for corruption to sneak itself in) but I think that with that knowledge... we can try to design a system that will check itself, in a sense, and give room for people to rebel, to change the system and keep modifying it and weed out corruption whenever it arises or becomes apparent, or even to overthrow the evil eye of sauron if that's what's needed.

I also wrote above:

And if you don't like the household you're in, then get out, or start a rebellion, or whatever.

Sometimes we're born into a bad situation and you just can't help it- like being born and having abusive parents. It happens, right? Then we either learn to suffer in silence or we try to change our environment. But I'm a fan of "the squeakiest nail gets the most grease" and changing our environment for the better, and that's probably why I'm even here and engaging and speaking out.

Furthermore, I think there's so many people that... like even if we were being closely monitored by computers, it's not like humans are really even watching us. There's so many human bodies and if you're just living your life normal, I'm not sure that anyone would be really interested in watching you, lol. No offense of course. Just a matter of perspective.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Actually there are only 64.1 million or so human bodies on our Island to date. Most of which live in our city's and towns where these cameras and software will be utilized, plus possibly other bio metric data collection devices. Which is exactly why the UK is the perfect test bed for this type of monitoring of a population. The technology associated and software to monitor such a number is already there, or very near close to fruition.

The point is that these cameras and software will decide what constitutes normal activity based on algorithms devised by people who most lightly dont have our best interests at heart. Such a collection of meta information regrading our people and population can and will be use for various nefarious purpose.

This type of obtrusive observation will not lead to our environment being changed for the better. It will simple lead to a form of social engineering. Taken to its logical conclusion this will create a technocratic Orwellian Police state where our every action is monitored, assessed then acted upon by TPTB.

That's just my perspective.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
People often think that freedom has something to do with privacy. It does not.
Because who cares if there are camera's set up on every street corner... except the person who wants to hide something? And why does that person want to hide?

I have everything to hide. Not because I'm doing anything nefarious, but because it's my life to live, not the government's to monitor. My life is not an open book for anyone to read at their leisure, but once you let someone read the chapter headings, pretty soon they'll start assuming they have a right to read the chapters.

So yes, I do care that there are cameras set up on every street corner. You should, too. One of the great deceits of our modern age is that horrendous, evil little line that "people who have nothing to hide have nothing to fear", an excuse used to visit a lot of the worst excessive of modern government. Don't become one of the mindless horde who keep parroting it.

You have everything to hide, because your life is yours not theirs. After all, one of the key principles of property ownership is the ability to control access; failing to do so weakens your claim and control over that property. Whose property is your life?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join