It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Rights. Where do They Come From?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Your Rights. Where do They Come From?

They come from your imagination/ego!
You have no 'rights'.
That which can be taken is, at best, a loan, a privilege!
The notion of 'rights' is imaginary/egoic vanity!
'Right to life?' can be taken in less than a heartbeat, and often is!
edit on 20-12-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What amazes me is that those that wave these documents the hardest, want to deny others equal rights. When these documents were penned, women had no rights, blacks counted as 2/3's and had no rights. Like many of the others, I am not sure about a creator, but truly believe in "do what you will, but harm ye none", and yes I know that is Wiccan, but in my mind it is common sense.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
People's rights come from the creator. Likened to the Divine to basically put man in his place.

Only the creator is the giver, and taker of rights so to speak.

Rights don't come from the state.

Rights don't come from you or me.

But the 'divine' if you will.

Didn't matter what a person called it by name.

And to secure these divine rights government was created to secure those rights.

Protected by the piece of paper from government, and the PEOPLE.

That is how it is suppose to work.

NEWAYS.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
People's rights come from the creator. Likened to the Divine to basically put man in his place.

Only the creator is the giver, and taker of rights so to speak.

Rights don't come from the state.

Rights don't come from you or me.

But the 'divine' if you will.

Didn't matter what a person called it by name.

And to secure these divine rights government was created to secure those rights.

Protected by the piece of paper from government, and the PEOPLE.

That is how it is suppose to work.

NEWAYS.

But the sanction of all men being created equal was violated from the beginning, how would you defend that?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I don't defend it.

They knew at the time it was flawed. That IS why they included the amendment process

Considering how many other attempts they had made they finally settled on what we have come to know.

The only way it was ever going to be ratified is by broad appeal.

Sure it wasn't perfect.

The IDEA behind where our rights come from is sound.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I don't defend it.

They knew at the time it was flawed. That IS why they included the amendment process

Considering how many other attempts they had made they finally settled on what we have come to know.

Sure it wasn't perfect.

I agree it is sound, but why the continued fight to deny Americans their rights as defined by the Declaration and Constitution? Especially the fight, by those that wave it the hardest, to deny other Americans their devine rights. Not trying to paint with a broad brush or pick a fight, just to understand.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
They're not granted they're all souls, equal. Anyone walking on them has consequence. We are Free and Sovereign. The only intrinsic laws are those that are concerning not harming another and not dominating or enslaving.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

I don't defend it.

Sure it wasn't perfect.

I agree it is sound, but why the continued fight to deny Americans their rights as defined by the Declaration and Constitution? Especially the fight, by those that wave it the hardest, to deny other Americans their devine rights. Not trying to paint with a broad brush or pick a fight, just to understand.

The creator isn't.

What's going on with man is them trying to play the creator.

Of course it's not right.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I don't defend it.

Sure it wasn't perfect.

The creator isn't.

What's going on with man is them trying to play the creator.

Of course it's not right.

So in my narrow minded view there are two sides, one who wants to redistribute the wealth of the extremely rich, and one that wants to create a Christian theocracy. In my mind, both are wrong, but because I am pro choice to a point and support the public safety net, I am a libtard? Not your words, but what I have been accused of being on this site.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

What it basically boils down to is.

Everyone is born with unalienable rights.

They can not be taken away for any reason. Hence the unalienable.

This is where the amendment process comes in.

Getting the STATE to admit 'Go figure those people do have those RIGHTS'.

And the back and forth of democracy ensues to finally one day the STATE agrees, and says, ''Oh damn, Those people do have RIGHTS'.

In short Government can't give you something you already have.

The entire amendment process is more or less making it 'legal'. In their eyes.

Yeah it's messed up, but that's the way it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

What it basically boils down to is.

Everyone is born with unalienable rights.

They can not be taken away for any reason. Hence the unalienable.

This is where the amendment process comes in.

Getting the STATE to admit 'Go figure those people do have those RIGHTS'.

And the back and forth of democracy ensues to finally one day the STATE agrees, and says, ''Oh damn, Those people do have RIGHTS'.

In short Government can't give you something you already have.

The entire amendment process is more or less making it 'legal'. In their eyes.

Yeah it's messed up, but that's the way it is.

I will actually buy that coming from you. We would both probably agree our government is a mess, and the sad thing is, you and I could probably solve more than a few problems over a beer and a napkin. Sad state our congress is in.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How can you enforce those rights without a supporting infrastructure (IE government)?

Otherwise it's just dog eat dog and your rights are only as good as your ability to be better than those than come to take what you have. So what good is the "creator"?

"Creators" don't come down from the sky to defend your rights. Either you have a system in place that recognizes rights, as we have designed as intelligent beings, or you give them up to the person that is willing to take them from you.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The enforcement is suppose to be self policing.

Hence the US constitution. That basically tells the STATE. The people. HANDS OFF.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Hence the US constitution. That basically tells the STATE. The people. HANDS OFF.

Neo, they cannot be hands off, individual people are a$$holes, the government, with their statements need to agree that all are created equal.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

If you lack the ability to properly defend your rights, they could be taken away by force. If so, what purpose does a "creator" serve other than to put you in a position to die defending your rights?

Do you not need a system in place to protect the rights of those that cannot defend their rights?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Neo, they cannot be hands off, individual people are a$$holes, the government, with their statements need to agree that all are created equal.

They are suppose to be.

Says so in the 9th and 10th, and 14th amendments.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

If you lack the ability to properly defend your rights, they could be taken away by force. If so, what purpose does a "creator" serve other than to put you in a position to die defending your rights?

Do you not need a system in place to protect the rights of those that cannot defend their rights?

Seriously ?

The US government was split up. in to three branches. Everyone knows this.

Each one to check the power of the other.

ALL are suppose to use the US constitution.

The LAST check of that power was the people themselves.

The system is in place.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Then why do some people in some countries have more rights than other people? How do we know that our constitution includes all of the "rights" that this magical "creator" intended us to have?

Has this creator proof read our constitution and given it his stamp of approval, a nod and wink and said "have at it"?

What about countries that have their own constitutions with less/more "rights"? Does this "creator" just not care about them, and is the USA some kind of special case?

Hm...

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Neo, they cannot be hands off, individual people are a$$holes, the government, with their statements need to agree that all are created equal.[/qu

They are suppose to be.

Says so in the 9th and 10th, and 14th amendments.

I understand that, but apparently, some on the far right do not, including some republican presidential candidates. Some of us in the center would actually like to see a moderate republican candidate, but with all of Trump's bovine feces, painting the repubs in a bad light.
edit on 12/20/2015 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The US government was split up. in to three branches. Everyone knows this.

Each one to check the power of the other.

ALL are suppose to use the US constitution.

The LAST check of that power was the people themselves.

The system is in place.

Exactly.

Without the government you would be left to the wolves with nothing but your "creator" and the clothes on your back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join