It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmaker Proposes Bill To Punish Mizzou Strikers:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Under the new SEC guidelines, schools could “cancel or not renew a student-athlete’s athletics aid if he or she does not meet institutional and/or team policies,”...

Do you have a link to the university's 'polices' and how these would override their Constitutional rights?

IS that good?

Is what good?

edit on 22-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
What contract? You find a copy that everyone else did not? After you find that you can explain to me how a public university 'contract' voids your Constitutional right to freely associate and protest.

A scholarship is a CONTRACT. The University agrees to give an education and the recipient agrees to play football. Nobody's Constitutional rights are being violated. The players are in violation of their contract (scholarship) with the University.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Since you seem to be missing the point; how does a public university contractually abrogate your right to assemble and protest?

Do you have supporting evidence that they are in violation of this 'contract'?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
No one IS SAYING THEY CANT PROTEST SO THERES NO REASON TO SAY They are over riding students rights. The Coach even made sure they would not miss any games so they AVOIDED the RULE i TOLD YOU ABOUT.

IF they would had missed any games for protesting THEN there would had been grounds to dismiss them and their scholarships.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

No one IS SAYING THEY CANT PROTEST SO THERES NO REASON TO SAY They are over riding students rights. The Coach even made sure they would not miss any games so they AVOIDED the RULE i TOLD YOU ABOUT.

IF they would had missed any games for protesting THEN there would had been grounds to dismiss them and their scholarships.

By pulling their scholarship for protesting that is a defacto expulsion and a violation of their rights.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No its not. If it was done for their Scholarship obligations not being met. its the loophole. IF they would had doen it no matter what then you would had a point.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

No its not. If it was done for their Scholarship obligations not being met. its the loophole.

A public university cannot 'loophole' your rights.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No its not. If it was done for their Scholarship obligations not being met. its the loophole.

A public university cannot 'loophole' your rights.

According to the rules i posted yes they can kick you out for NOT LIVING UP TO SCHOLARSHIPS STANDARDS AND REQUIREMENTS. WHICH IS NOT VIOLATING YOUR RIGHTS. College isnt a right anyway its optional.

i ALSO SAID they CANNOT KICK YOU OUT FOR PROTESTING IF YOU DONT VIOLATE THAT RULE. Im right youre wrong end of discussion. Keep arguing if you want but im right according to the rules. Also the bill was removed btw.

Youre obviously not reading and comprehending my post.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

According to the rules i posted yes they can kick you out for NOT LIVING UP TO SCHOLARSHIPS STANDARDS AND REQUIREMENTS. WHICH IS NOT VIOLATING YOUR RIGHTS. College isnt a right anyway its optional.

You posted no 'rules' from the University of Missouri, we only have your empty claims.

Youre obviously not reading and comprehending my post.

I am comprehended your disingenuous posts quite well, you keep claiming you provided rules but these are only your words and not hard evidence in the form of documents from the university. Additionally, you would then need to explain how those documents abrogate your Constitutional right to assemble and protest.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You must have all day long too like i do.

SEC and new NCAA requirements. Why you ask does the NCAA rules have to do with The players at missouri? Everything because they are NCAA members.

NCAA scholarship requirements.

IF they are protesting and IF it Causes them to drop GPA,or not live up to their NCAA obligations they are not protected from removal.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

IF they are protesting and IF it Causes them to drop GPA,or not live up to their NCAA obligations they are not protected from removal.

Did you bother reading the link you provided? Here are the eligibility requirements:

•Meeting core course requirements specific to NCAA division I or division II.
    •Meeting grade-point averages on a sliding scale when compared to ACT and SAT test scores for NCAA division I or meeting grade and test requirements for division II.
    •Completion of Amateurism certificate.

Anything there about missing games?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What happens when you miss a sceduled game and your scholarship comes up for review? they can dismiss you i fits a pattern. This is a circle jerk here. Im done youre just being contrary. argue withyourself. Ive given you th einfo you can find if you look but you wont because you cant be wrong ever right?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

What happens when you miss a sceduled game and your scholarship comes up for review?

Did you bother reading the link you provided? It lists reasons an athlete can lose athletic scholarship for academic reasons. Nothing you posted says anything about missing games, hence the reason this moron lawmakers wanted to pass a law.

Ive given you th einfo you can find if you look but you wont because you cant be wrong ever right?

The only information you have provided has proven to be contrary to what you are claiming.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join