It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK poll finds 1 in 2 people aged 18-24 do not identify as being completely heterosexual

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Sexual deviations are overwhelmingly derivatives of social conditioning, not predisposed genetics. My opposition to the matter is that it contributes in undermining the nuclear family. Which leads to a weakened social structure.

Your opinion. Not facts.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Sexual deviations are overwhelmingly derivatives of social conditioning, not predisposed genetics.

There is no science to point to that proves this. Nor is it considered deviant to be attracted to somebody of the same sex and multiple cultures over many generations have agreed.

There is science showing that sexuality and orientation are a scale however.

My opposition to the matter is that it contributes in undermining the nuclear family.

My kids are just fine having been raised by two men. Our family isn't any better, or worse than a 'traditional' family structure and my children were not at a disadvantage or advantage for their situation. I would say the only thing that was different was the having to deal with the ignorance and hatred of other people's misplaced concepts of family values.

They were far more affected by the actions and words of those who opposed their father's lives than they ever were being raised by them.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Judge a person on content of character not who they find attractive. A few girls I've had relationships withhad kissed a girl and they liked it, unfortunately I wasn't there to get to watch

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I always thought you all were a lil gay.

I hear church can fix it if you aren't happeh.

Really thought it make me think about how we as human, in general, gravitate towards attractive humans, regardless of sex.

Nobody likes fugly.(well... maybe... its wide world o fetish out thar)

delivered?

edit on 21-12-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
All this proves is that young people experiment.

I'd be very interested to see the same respondents do the survey again in 10 years time. I'd put money on there being a lot more zeros.

This is exactly whats going to happen, those whom are truly biologically attracted to same sex partners will remain so. HOWEVER, if someone is simply in an "experimentation phase" of life, they will be SIGNIFICANTLY less interested in the same sex, once PHYSICAL AGING sets in for themselves and their same-sex, age cohort.

For example, I'd surmise, its probably easier for a borderline bi-sexual, male to be attracted to another YOUNG, FIT, Male, in their late teens through early twenties. But, what happens at 35+, when many of these men will have pot belies, double chins and receding hairlines? Will these same self-identified, borderline, bi-sexual males still be attracted to men, in general, under those circumstances? I HIGHLY doubt it, because once that 35+ age cohort becomes their "partnering reality", these so-called, bi-sexual males, will QUICKLY find it far EASIER to be attracted SOLELY to aging, overweight, muffin-top, females, with double chins.
edit on 21-12-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: deliberator

Sex and sexuality is changing fast. Women under 30 are shaving themselves almost bare and men under 30 are dressing like the gay scene. The pop stars are baby-faced men-childs and female stars have to look like tweens. Role models aren't occupying the poles like they have for centuries. Its all grey areas, mixed gender appearances and it's socially acceptable for men to be a softskinned as women.

No wonder then that under 24s are finding their sexual compasses pointing away from "true north." Nobody knows if their Arthur or Martha these days and fewer people give a crap either.

A point people aren't seeing is the younger gen don't care about what others think. Not like we all used to. Its not social suicide to say you find the occasional male or female sexually attractve. Get it? If a guy says he likes the barman he isnt getting called "faggot" for life. it won't seem as bad as it used to. Women have been cool about other women since for years so nobody cares if they say they get a buzz from a sexy girl. It's less cool to say they AREN'T attracted to women hahah.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bonesymphony
a reply to: deliberator

Sex and sexuality is changing fast. Women under 30 are shaving themselves almost bare and men under 30 are dressing like the gay scene. The pop stars are baby-faced men-childs and female stars have to look like tweens. Role models aren't occupying the poles like they have for centuries. Its all grey areas, mixed gender appearances and it's socially acceptable for men to be a softskinned as women.

No wonder then that under 24s are finding their sexual compasses pointing away from "true north." Nobody knows if their Arthur or Martha these days and fewer people give a crap either.

A point people aren't seeing is the younger gen don't care about what others think. Not like we all used to. Its not social suicide to say you find the occasional male or female sexually attractve. Get it? If a guy says he likes the barman he isnt getting called "faggot" for life. it won't seem as bad as it used to. Women have been cool about other women since for years so nobody cares if they say they get a buzz from a sexy girl. It's less cool to say they AREN'T attracted to women hahah.

Until they hit 40 and look like most 40 year old's do. This current fad of having "sexual interest in same sex partners" is nothing more than pastime for those that are "well to do" and are able to maintain an attractive androgynous look, as a result of that wealth. Unlike the other 99% of working stiffs, the wealthy, have the options needed to continue looking good WELL past 35 years old. Its should be no surprise, TO ANYONE, that 18-24 year old's want to copy the androgynous habits of celebrities, that is, until they realize that they will never become one and eventually end up with a receding hairline, muffin-top/pot-belly and double chin.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

And do you know that the polled students were wealthy?

Most british students are pisspoor and apparently finding themselves in gender limbo.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

And do you know that the polled students were wealthy?

Most british students are pisspoor and apparently finding themselves in gender limbo.

Re-read my post, I said "18-24 year old's want to COPY the androgynous habits of celebrities". The 18-24 year old cohort, that was polled, doesn't need to be "wealthy", they just need the "desire" to copy the androgynous habits of celebrities, pretending to be bi-sexual, until of course, they start looking too OLD and ridiculous for that game at 35+.

Exhibit 1a: The androgynous Keith Richards in 1972, whom has said on record that the Rolling Stones had many kinds of CRAZY orgies, including other men:

Exhibit 1b: Here is Hobo Keith Richards in 2014, whom I doubt has had a single thought about another man's cock since the mid 1980's:

Exhibit 2a: The androgynous Duran Duran, during the New Romantic Period, circa 1981

Exhibit 2b: Duran Duran, circa 2015, whom now look like the stylish dad's you see carrying babies around in a Papoose at the grocery store:

Exhibit 3a: Motely Crue, had the same kinds of stories as the Rolling Stones, here they are in 1989:

Exhibit 3b: Potbelly Crue, today in 2015:

If you've been alive on this earth long enough to see these fads of youth "come and go", you'd realize that its VERY safe to assume that Bieber and all the others like him, that you mentioned, will be taking the same path as the celebrities noted above (as will the cohort of 18-24 years old's emulating this current, culturally popular, bi-sexual status). Again, those whom are truly biologically attracted to same sex partners will remain so, but I'd bet my house the MAJORITY of those identifying themselves this way will revert to heterosexual status in their mid to late 30's once the "party is over".

CASE CLOSED!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I think it's more common for women to be wishy washy with who they're attracted to. Men strike me as being more set in stone. Women are good at being emotional, so it makes sense they would think about all of the different possibilities. With men, since they don't really have much of an emotional range, they're typically all or nothing when it comes to being attracted to someone.

I agree.

However I have seen gay men just as emotional as women. Many masculine gay men are not emotional, but there is also a large number of gay feminine males that are very emotional, like women.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Interesting. I remember New Romanticism in the 80s. Howard Jones is one of my favourites artists from this generation.

According to Wikipedia he recently stated "Pop music is so reactionary and bigoted. And I found that what's 'cool' is often very shallow and transient."

Your explanation is very plausible, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Nice post baby

You make good points and I do love Keith Richard's crazy old ass. Not in a poll-taking way hehehe.

I however do still disagree on the finer points of your fine post.

Gayness and random sexual feelings for same sex people are way more accpetable than in any time in the last few centuries. Those boys from the 80s could put on a show and titillate a crowd . Todays people don't need to fake it. Being gay isnt the shocker it was.

What if people are more open about something that's just human nature?

I'm bored of thinking about it.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Nice post baby

You make good points and I do love Keith Richard's crazy old ass. Not in a poll-taking way hehehe.

I however do still disagree on the finer points of your fine post.

Gayness and random sexual feelings for same sex people are way more accpetable than in any time in the last few centuries. Those boys from the 80s could put on a show and titillate a crowd . Todays people don't need to fake it. Being gay isnt the shocker it was.

What if people are more open about something that's just human nature?

I'm bored of thinking about it.

Well, I took into account how dangerous it was in previous decades, to be gay, publicly. That meant somebody REALLY wanted to be with a same sex partner, even if it meant their LIFE was on the line for fulfilling that desire. So I've always believed that those whom are truly biologically attracted to same sex partners will remain so, no matter what the popular culture allows or not. But again, today, its WAY easier for a borderline bi-sexual, male to be attracted to another YOUNG, FIT, Male, in their late teens through early twenties. But, what happens at 35+, when many of these men will have pot belies, double chins and receding hairlines? Will these same halfhearted, borderline, bi-sexual males still be attracted to men, in general, under those circumstances? I HIGHLY doubt it, because once that 35+ age cohort becomes their "sex partner reality", these so-called, bi-sexual males, will QUICKLY find it far EASIER to be attracted to aging, overweight, muffin-top, females, with double chins.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: deliberator

The X-files

The truth is out there

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
How can the narrative "you are born that way" and who you are attracted to is decided at birth only fit this study?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I don't think the study offers anything in that regard. You also cannot infer active bisexuality from these results.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
How can the narrative "you are born that way" and who you are attracted to is decided at birth only fit this study?

That is the point I was making in all my posts. There are people "born that way", but its also not likely the majority of the people responding to this study whom "do not identify as being completely heterosexual".

I'll give an example, I see a lot of young girls these days, kissing other girls in public, holding hands, etc. So, what are the chances that these women have had a REAL, unforgettable, alpha male induced, orgasm, during their lifetimes, up to that point?

ZERO, in EVERY case, BUT once they recieve one, there is no going back and these same bi-sexual YOUNG women likely won't have "other girls" on their mind much anymore.
edit on 22-12-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join