It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile ads in Las Vegas area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
So it has been an issue for a while now, but just recently it has become almost unmanageable. Who ever your mobile ad supplier in Las Vegas is providing app download ads for Uber and Hotels.com. Only problem, you can't close the ad and it never disappears. Only by refreshing the page can you get rid of it. That wasn't an issue until the last couple days, now I have to refresh upwards of 20 times until the page will finally load without the ad. Soon I'll just stop using ats mobile altogether if the issue goes unresolved.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
While unrelated to Vegas area ads, I too have a concern with a relatively new feature to our beloved site. The banners for NLBS or a thread posted by SkepticOverlord gets plastered across the bottom of my screen, over the top of text with no option to close the ad. Though you guys own the site, do you really have to advertise your own creations here? I'm already here. Thing is, once you click on the ad and review the thread it does not go away. So we are stuck with a banner for something we have viewed previously. Is it not possible to read the cookies so that ad could be dropped once the reader has reviewed your information?

As far as your issue OP, I feel your pain as that would drive me nuts also. I don't find the ads obtrusive enough to be a bother to me. The ad blocker extension in Chrome works pretty well, maybe a blocker of some sort could be a solution for you.

(post by markovian removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
While unrelated to Vegas area ads, I too have a concern with a relatively new feature to our beloved site. The banners for NLBS or a thread posted by SkepticOverlord gets plastered across the bottom of my screen, over the top of text with no option to close the ad. Though you guys own the site, do you really have to advertise your own creations here? I'm already here. Thing is, once you click on the ad and review the thread it does not go away. So we are stuck with a banner for something we have viewed previously. Is it not possible to read the cookies so that ad could be dropped once the reader has reviewed your information?

As far as your issue OP, I feel your pain as that would drive me nuts also. I don't find the ads obtrusive enough to be a bother to me. The ad blocker extension in Chrome works pretty well, maybe a blocker of some sort could be a solution for you.

That is often the way I find the those topics and like the alert (SO/NLBS). I can see if the alert is on your phone it may take up viewing space. But if it is on a PC, why is it a bother?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have been alerted that mobile providers in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, Chicago, and Miami are injecting ads over sites that haven't paid the fee to prevent this. I'm trying to track down the source(s), but unfortunately, right now, there's not much we can do other than complain.

I'm seeing Uber ads not coming from us, here in New York City, while on Verizon.

edit on 20-12-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm here in Vegas too, they suck. The pop ups on regular pc are bad too, the FORD one overtakes the entire page.

a reply to: Vector99

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I get the adds on WiFi and version network

As of today tho no adds ... this morning tho it was bad

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The red areas are supposed to have a reduced presence. I think the source is respectable. It was a Germ an site.

top topics

join