It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auditing the Auditor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I hate this crap...

I HATE IT!!

As you can tell by the title under my name...I HATE BEURACRACY!! And what I hate even more is someone double, triple, or even quadruple checking my work.....

We all make mistakes folks...and we all want to save as much money as possible - no one wants to let an extra penny slip from their wallets...especially a bunch of accountants.....

But why does everything have to be held up in the work-flow b/c someone has to check what someone else has checked what someone else has checked?!?!

They call this efficiency?! ARRGH!!

Sorry....Bad day at work.....lol

Edit: It's funny....I ranted this little spiel to my supervisor - someone has this guy's travel reimbursement on hold b/c they want to know what hour they departed so they can no whether or not it's legit to give them money for breakfast...

So I sat here and explained my discontent over how 50 people have to look over my shoulder and tell me to do this that way and to do that this way....

Her response was to inform me of how the system works, and that it's not the individual responsible for the way the system works.....

*sighs*

I'm so misunderstood in this life.....lol....maybe I should just suck it up and become a robot like the rest of them....

[edit on 1/6/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
*sighs*....no one has the same feelings here?!

Same crap today....

Call it being a slackass or whatever you want.....I put that person X left at 12:00 pm and arrived at location X at 3:00 pm....They missed their lunch - We pay them for that....

I get a call from some snob in accounting saying that I should have put that they left at 12:30 pm b/c that's what she said when they called to verify her departure and arrival times...Who in the hell gets paid to do anal # like that...and why?!

I look back at the paperwork she submitted, and sure as #...it says 12:30 on it.....

Now my supervisor is telling me that if we were to get audited they'd get in deep # over "seemingly small" issues like this b/c of these minor discrepancies.....

It's so absurd to me.....Who gives a damn if they left at 12:00 or 12:30...They're still traveling during lunch....They have from 12:00 to 2:00 to claim lunch....

Bunch of anal dickweeds I tell ya....lol

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just trying to figure out what to say about this. I see this kind of thing all the time, but don't really know of a good solution.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah...It's like Office Space - The only good solution is a bad one...or get a new job...lol

I work for a state university, so not only are we audited by the state, but we function under a system of our own that mixes and matches here and there...

For someone like me, who'd rather be in a kitchen behind the front line rather than sitting in a desk in an office, trying to learn these anal retentive systems is just placing a mental block on my creativity....lol

It's a catch-22 though, cuz it pays so-so, but I have great benefits....

:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Yeah...It's like Office Space - The only good solution is a bad one...or get a new job...lol

For someone like me, who'd rather be in a kitchen behind the front line rather than sitting in a desk in an office, trying to learn these anal retentive systems is just placing a mental block on my creativity....lol

Office Space should have been a documentary rather than a comedy! That movie was so on the mark. I worked mostly in skilled production and it works the same there. You go to school for 4 years to learn a trade, then you have people over you trying to tell you how to do it different. If I needed a babysitter at my job, why did they send me to school and pay me so much. I think managers are so overrated and try to justify their time by nit-picking everything for something to do.

I am seriously considering applying for an apprenticeship for heavy equipment operator. At least I will have the awesome power of hydraulics at my fingertips and won't be messed with while I am busy moving earth.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just Noticed Tallahassee
My Old Home Town
Love It
FSU
Barnicle Bills
Buffalos Wings
etc.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Planet Master Cowboy]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Awesome!

Well...Barnicle Bills moved - They were probablly under the Melting Pot last time you were here right? Yeah...They're on Tharpe now...

Buffalos...poor Buffalos....They're demolished...lol - One got turned into a night club and the other into some cheap nasty fast-food place....Now they just have a couple franchise wing places in town....

But Poor Paul's, Floyds, Bullwinkles - pretty much that whole dragrace of bars...AKA "The Tennessee Waltz" - all still kicking it and very much alive!!

And then of course there's the women.....

Cool to find someone else who knows about Tally!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well Banicle Bills Was On N.Monroe About 3 Blocks From Home
And Right Down The Street From Hooters Near Publix

Yes Indeed The Women
And Many Of Them
One Of The Finest Cities I've Ever Experienced
I Keep Thinking I'll Return One Day
So Much Of The World To Explore Though
Hey I Used To Spend A Lot Of Time @ Cabos Mexican
Near New Leaf Market Ya Is Was One Of Those
New Age Types Miccosukee Land Coop People
@ Cabos We Had Some Wild Get Togethers
I Believe They Still HAve Large Photos On The Walls
Of Our Parties I'm In One Of The Large Framed Photos
Right In The Center Blue Framed Wayfarer Sunglasses
Hope To Discourse More With You
Thanks
P/M/C -

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Planet Master Cowboy]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yeah... It's still right there - I don't know what I was thinking of - I know they moved not too long ago though from somwhere....lol - You can see I don't go there too often

Some of the best people in this town are the Micosukee Coop people ....THey grow some bomb ass....herbs....lol

I've been to Cabos a few times - next time I' go I'll check for that photo - I definantly do quite a bit of shopping at New Leaf though...

How long ago were you here? They did some upgrades to New Leaf - Added a deli and juice bar....

It's a cool little town...I was born here, but then we moved all over the place b/c my dad was in the military - I spent my last year of high school at Leon (c/o 2000) and then went to TCC and finished up at FSU in 04...working for FSU now - as you may be able to tell by the thread, I'm about annoyed at it all....but getting to walk around campus and see the girls sunbathing on Landis Green soothes the nerves....lol

Oh....I saw you have Swaziland S/A in your location....That's friggin awesome!

I actually got my BA in Anthropology and took ANT of religion with Dr. Bruce Grindal...he spent 6 years living in Swaziland....He had some inredible stories....I'm sure if youre in Swaziland and you've been to FSU, then you've heard of him - or maybe took courses with him as well....

[edit on 1/11/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

[edit on 1/11/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yes Indeed I Love S/A JoBurg - Cape Town etc...

Bruce - Is A Cultural Anthropologist
A Real Force In The Community
Has Lived/Experienced Many Remote Global Areas
Keenly Intuitive With A Propriety Sense Of Conscious

I Majored Philosophy Theater
Have A Profound Love/Respect Of Anthropology/Paleontology

Anyway
Alas -
Nearly Ten Yrs. Since Tallahassee
Was In With The Ion Sancho Crowd
Ages Ago
Such A Great Place To Live