It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to fight Back- How To Identify A Troll

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
No, I was referring to harassment in general and breaking it down in an intellectual manner, when someone says stop,but the person does not stop and keeps coming, it is called harassment. I used allegories and metaphors to explain this.

If you do not like having your view and sources challenged do not post them on a public forum.

So no, It is NOT what I said, there for it is a lie.

Sure seems like it is to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you do not like having your view and sources challenged do not post them on a public forum.

Having your views challenged vs harassment behaviors are two different things. (this was already covered in the thread, so I will not go into it, do some reading if you care to know.)

Sure seems like it is to me.

Then I can't help you there. I already spoke my clarification. Take it or leave it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Having your views challenged vs harassment behaviors are two different things.

I only see the former. Maybe you are just being overly sensitive, but feel free to alert the authorities and get back to us on their decision.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Having your views challenged vs harassment behaviors are two different things.

I only see the former. Maybe you are just being overly sensitive, but feel free to alert the authorities and get back to us on their decision.

...you know what? believe what you want.

Edit: To those with eyes that see, I gave you a tool, and the truth. YOU decide for yourselves through the use of common sense. Everything I said in exposing the trolls is the truth. You are however free to accept it, or leave it.

But many of you witnessed it here today. Make up your own minds. Remember that these trolls are in fact everywhere.

I take my leave because I really really do not like fighting.

So I bid you all a great holiday.
edit on rd2015000000Wednesdayrd000000Wed, 23 Dec 2015 14:41:00 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 23 Dec 2015 14:41:00 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

...you know what? believe what you want.

Thank you, I will.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I warned you and asked you kindly to back-off. I gave you 3 fair warnings before I blew off on you. Now that you unleashed the Casey in me, you will serve as an example to all.

These are my last words directed towards you specifically, the rest is simply to break you apart. Are you ready? Because I am ALL fired up

How dare I disagree with you and respond to your responses!...

The troll will not quit, until he wins the argument. Presbo, is an example of this. He does not want to take the middle ground of live and let live. No, he wants to be the winner. You all witnessed me attempting to back away to avoid conflict, including a peace offering. To which, he used to his advantage in erroneously seeing a weak opening. The troll sees kindness as a weakness, so they go for what seems to be the kill. If you take the example of Casey and the bully, you can clearly see
the resemblance and allegory between the story of casey, and what you all witnessed between me and prezbo.

You could say, that prezbo is the bully beating up casey. He punches and punches, sees that casey does nothing, and he continues. The bully saw Casey's kindness as a weakness. Same way as prezbo saw the middle ground as my weakness. So he tried to go directly for the win right there.

Casey was being psychically assaulted, you've been disagreed with. You are not Casey and you're making light of bullying and abuse with such tripe.

The Parable:

Bully hits casey - Prezbo indirectly called me stupid.

I said your claims were stupid, I didn't say anything about you personally in that respect. Playing the victim once again...

This is a demoralizing taunt, seeking reaction of some sort. Notice, how I called prezbo out on being a troll AFTER many attempts of seeking a middle ground with him. AFTER he threw his punches in his sad attempts to discredit me without constructive criticism.

No I just disagreed with you, it was you that threw out condescending insults at me, that you quickly edited from you post...

You shot yourself in the foot when you attempted character assassination. Especially in a thread that exposes those behaviors. That was not a smart move.

This thread has certainly exposed something...

Take what is left of your dignity and backaway from me. The next time, I will be reporting you to the mods, because after a few warnings, this has escalated into harassment from your part.

Lol you do what you gotta do, but i'm pretty sure the mods don't look kindly on members calling other member 'trolls' for disagreeing with them.

When a woman says no, she means no.

Holy crap..........you're comparing this to sexual assault???

When someone asks you to back away, it means he or she does not want to fight. If you continue to try and goat someone into a fight, it then turns into harassment from your part, and that is actually re portable to the authorities. Online bullying and harassment is actually against the law.

Just letting you know, where you are at right now, and my neighbor who is a police officer (Who is reading this thread with me right now) agrees with me, it is harassment, because i gave you fair warnings to back away.

If the above is true, then Im going to encourage you to go through with whatever legal proceedings you deem appropriate, hopefully then someone will be able to explane to you the difference between harassment, assault, abuse and disagreements....

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If you want to see trolls in action, just go back through the Japan Forum during the early part of the Fukushima disaster..

They were out on full force and it is rather easy to tell who they are/were.

There were a few trolls hell bent on downplaying Fukushima, and they would stop at nothing to derail threads and try to change topics.
edit on R142015-12-24T17:14:08-06:00k1412Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
to those still following the topic, this video will also open your eyes towards the tactics used through a more precise example.
How To Handle Disinfo Shill

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
OP, you are jewish by birth, am I correct? How do you feel about the accusations, towards alex jones that he failed to expose...the Rothschilds!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Who cares about the Rothchilds. Expose Satan. Everything else falls to pieces from there, without slandering anyone.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Who care about Satan.....Thanos will soon have all the infinity stones.....we'll be in big trouble when that happens...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I don't know about government trolls on this site, but I do recognise individual trolls and have this to offer. I shouldn't think I'm the first person to have twigged it, but here it is anyway.

Some people come to a site like this where they are likely to encounter other people of above average intelligence and they just can't quite hack it.

At first the others, who are used to dealing with intelligent people such as themselves think the troll is just wilfully mis-understanding their posts. But, it becomes apparent as the troll continues baiting that he is actually just trying to punch above his weight. It becomes clear that he doesn't have the intellectual capacity to comprehend the posts he is trying to pick apart.

He is resorting to a tactic that intellectually-challenged* people employ in the real world - he tries to hide behind belligerence, hoping that he will intimidate the more able opponents into silence so they will not expose him any further.

Thankfully, he is unable to see that he needs nobody else to expose his lack of intellect as he is making it obvious all by himself.

* That's more PC than 'thick', right?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

I don't know about government trolls on this site, but I do recognise individual trolls and have this to offer. I shouldn't think I'm the first person to have twigged it, but here it is anyway.

Some people come to a site like this where they are likely to encounter other people of above average intelligence and they just can't quite hack it.

At first the others, who are used to dealing with intelligent people such as themselves think the troll is just wilfully mis-understanding their posts. But, it becomes apparent as the troll continues baiting that he is actually just trying to punch above his weight. It becomes clear that he doesn't have the intellectual capacity to comprehend the posts he is trying to pick apart.

He is resorting to a tactic that intellectually-challenged* people employ in the real world - he tries to hide behind belligerence, hoping that he will intimidate the more able opponents into silence so they will not expose him any further.

Thankfully, he is unable to see that he needs nobody else to expose his lack of intellect as he is making it obvious all by himself.

* That's more PC than 'thick', right?

You pretty much hit the bulls-eye, and worded it way better than I could.

Cheers. As for it being pc, I will respond to that question with this question.

is there a difference between pc and a troll? if so, what would that be in your opinion? (if any)

Thank you for contributing and making this thread extra informative.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Well, that is quite a question for New Year and something that I haven't actually considered before.

I was a bit worried about my post being too blunt and breaking the T&C, so I bottled out of saying 'thick' in the main body of it. It's what I meant though, so I made the light-hearted remark about PC at the end.

My opinion of PC is that it can be used as a blunt and extremely effective weapon by those who are too lazy or weak-minded to think for themselves. Those who don't have the capacity to analyze each situation and person on an individual basis.

So, yes, there would seem to be a similar intellectual limitation (in some cases) but, perhaps, the difference is that although the intention is to destroy the opposition (victim), the PCer thinks they have right on their side whilst the troll knows perfectly well that he is doing wrong.

So, I wonder if someone who takes PC too far is actually more dangerous than a troll simply because the troll knows that he's up to no good and might see the error of his ways. A person who is convinced that he's one of the 'good guys' might be a lot harder to stop and do a lot more damage.

I'd add that I was brought up to be polite and see no reason to treat others with anything less than courtesy unless they do something to warrant a smack in the gob

edit on 1-1-2016 by berenike because: treading on eggshells

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I had no mercy towards anyone, I was an extreme sociopath, and I utterly hated the world.

Why change..? Been like that 40 years.Equal Opportunity Offender that takes no prisoners.

edit on 5/16/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/16/16 by Gothmog because: to correct edit

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Excellent Thread. Thank You!! Absolutely price less information. There are a few here , aren't there? You know it , and I know it . They are not so hard to spot once you have identified their behavior. But it's not easy at first. I certainly didn't want to believe there were people out there like that ... paid for disinformation. Spooks , doing heaven knows what to disrupt free flow of questions and ideas. Like I said , excellent post.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: superman2012

man I tried getting through that video but the narrator is a little emotional and hard to put up with. he sounds whiny. and like a natural easy target for trolling.

OP I appreciate your thread. I've definitely experienced the govt. trolls thing before over posts I've made.

That video was awesome. Which part did you hate the most the part towards the end when he said the trolls wouldn't like the video on a visceral level?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join