It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think people are confusing PC with manners

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Thanks for that. That's what I was thinking. And, if memory serves correct, Britain was the first nation to outlaw slavery and the trading in slaves.

One last question, if I may.....were the "Docks" unionized in the 1700's/1800's such that Blacks or other foreigners couldn't have worked there?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Thanks for that. That's what I was thinking. And, if memory serves correct, Britain was the first nation to outlaw slavery and the trading in slaves.

One last question, if I may.....were the "Docks" unionized in the 1700's/1800's such that Blacks or other foreigners couldn't have worked there?

Not sure on the union thing. But yeah Britain was the first to ditch slavery. After we ditched the hicks in the American colonys slavery lost most of its economic value so ethics became more of a concern. I think deep down most people knew it was wrong, it just made everyone to much money. Once slavery lost the money factor I think people were more willing to see the evil to what it was.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

People are allowed free speech through our first amendment rights. We don't need to allow ourselves to be socially engineered to cowtow to some progressive globalist bull sh** and change the way we speak , be in fear of what we say , or have the globalist boot on our neck for enjoying and using our freedoms. We can disagree , and thank God we do. Somewhere along the line , an evolution of morphing American society began into one big , slop of degenerate thinking idiots. Throwing so much at us , we don't have time to think straight . Always something new... big and breaking news. Meanwhile our elected representatives are prostituting our freedoms and rights away.These idiots don't THINK. They have been programmed to NOT THINK. Whatever you think , speak up. Speak your mind and exercise your rights. Now , can you believe we would have EVER seen this in OUR COUNTRY , we fear reprisals. This new America is foreign to me. I don't like it and don't want it. Make your own reality. Research the lies.. and yes , some of the history of this country's most influential people is so far out there , it is unbelievable. They fear us. They watch and mine our digital communications, why? We haven't seen it work for the NSA , or prevent any terror crimes that I know of. FEAR. Somewhere along the line some smart globalist psychologist or linguist , put it out there , 'political' and 'correct' and slapped a definition on it. Political and Correct are about as far about as it gets. The government is a farce and has been bought a sold by the IMF and world bank. That's who calls the shots , put people in positions of power , and whom is shaping this world into one big satanic pit . We are enslaved. I'm breaking free folks. No MORE tyranny. NO MORE MIND CONTROL, TRUTH CONTROL , INFORMATION CONTROL.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well it seems to me that your talking about Donald Trump. I saw the video where he supposedly made fun of a disabled person. In my opinion he was stating facts that this journalist created lies about him and made a gesture with his arms. As for Trumps comments on Muslims i think that the refugees should be put on hold. Its not about religion not all muslims are Jihadist but its unfortunate that all Jihadist are Muslim do you wanna take that chance of having isis coming in as refugee?. Trump may be a jerk but he's got right. I'm so sick of political correctness it's really getting ridiculous taking down flags and statues removing historical monuments now we have indians being offended by the name of a football team. people complaining about stupid # when there is bigger problems in the world. a reply to: crazyewok

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join