It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think people are confusing PC with manners

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I suffer from white guilt.

Every time I have to point out to a black person who wants slave reparations, that as descendant of Irish origin, I am all for slave reparations since so many more white Irish were held as slaves/indentured servants than blacks ever were.

Still waiting on that check.

Indentured servitude was not the same thing as slavery. Both were/are morally repugnant and exploitive but they are not the same thing.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Well done, with that meme you may well have proven the OP's point.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
PC kind of reminds me of Modern Day Feminism.

In the past, it was a great thing, completely useful, and it changed society for the better. Now it's just this disgusting tool used to bully others for the right to progress one's own self superiority on others around them.
#

"Feminism is a range of movements and ideologies that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment."

Do you think these goals have been achieved?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Man, I am so glad someone brought this up about Barack Obama...(Mocking disabled people) The time he said his bowling was like someone in the Special Olympics,,,(Making blanket generalizations on race or religions)Saying we should be considerate to all Muslims even after a terror attack (Being outright rude or insulting to individuals)When he mocked the GOP congress members who opposed his Iran deal stating they were just as bad as those who chant "death to america' and (Giving into fear and hysteria) Using the DOJ to scare bakers how won't make gay wedding cakes..

Um, you were talking about him right?

Manners are about holding a fork correctly. PC is being afraid to be yourself....
edit on 12am31amf0000002015-12-21T11:40:20-06:001120 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Whoever it fits to.

I’m not playing silly American Partisan games.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Are you sure about that??? I think you are...I mean, who else would you be talking about?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Also if being your self is going around making personal attacks on people and being insulting for the sake of being insulting then that person is a jerk.

Sure they have a right to be like that. But they are still a jerk and douche bag and from me don’t deserve respect.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Are you sure about that??? I think you are...I mean, who else would you be talking about?

Stop playing the idiot.

Yes you are corrcet Obama has said some pretty dodgy things, though I guess they were not jokes and not aimed at a individual.

But Trump has gone beyond fighting PC and gone into being a jerk.

Arianna Huffington is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man—he made a good decision.”
- Trump

You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes–blood coming out of her wherever
- Trump

Plus the countless “fat pigs,” “dogs,” “slobs,” comments.
That not fighting PC that just being a jerk and a bully.

A intelligent person does not need to resort to personal attacks and insults to make a point or to address a problem.

edit on 21-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Americans,

If you really want to feel what PC feels like, come live in Sweden for a while. Hehe.
Its getting crazy over here. Seriously, its like we have a gag-order on our mouths now we can hardly say immigrants, outlanders, or anything like that, - or we get dubbed racist.

--- Which of course why this country is currently rebelling from the Inside and our most popular poilitical party is of Neo-Nazi origin, but more "civil" now, but still wants to cut down immigration by 90%.

It is now supported, in recent polls, by 23% of Swedish people. Wow.

And our current Government are like a couple of headless chickens that cant agree on anything.
This country is either
A. Going down the drain fast, to become a Muslim Country;
B. Going to explode in fire and brimstone in all out civil unrest (which has happened on many places already. We have also had our fair share of "paris"-incidents, just much smaller scale.)

I stand, as always, like most Swedes, right there in the middle watching the sh*t go down, not knowing really what to do.

And Yet my eyes glaze at America all the time - for news, info, and current events. But since the latest Infowars "debacle" where they turned out to be complete liers - I feel I dont have a proper news outlet anymore that cover non-mainstream stuff.
Even if I only ever believed half of the BS coming from Infowars; I cant believe anything now.

Well, PC, yes, its a funny thing - and it only seems to benefit the immigrants... wierd.
Now THAT is a real conspiracy if anything. Forget Reptilians and or aliens - just look at what PC is doing.
yeah.

Greatest mindcontrol tool CIA ever made up. PC.
True Story.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So, since you said this,

A intelligent person does not need to resort to personal attacks and insults to make a point or to address a problem.

but started your thread response to me like this...

Stop playing the idiot.

I guess you neither have manners, nor are pc, and in the same boat as the person you described in the OP.

edit on 12pm31pmf0000002015-12-21T12:19:41-06:001241 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

That was not a personal attack as you were deliberately being obtuse.

If i had said you were a idiot then yes that would be a personal attack. Its context that counts.

But yes I am a jerk.

But i am not running for office. I never will be because a twat like me should not be in politics.
And I see a lot of me in trump.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Being PC or politically correct is the same as manners. It all boils down to that and being respectful.

What most rail against here is when being pc steps over the lines and goes too far, in an effort to be respectful and not hurt peoples feelings. Nobody likes that. I don't like that, but I do know how to be respectful.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing it's all about knowing where to draw the line. It's ok to have banter with your mates, but probably best not say the same thing to people you've never met before.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: amazing it's all about knowing where to draw the line. It's ok to have banter with your mates, but probably best not say the same thing to people you've never met before.

Exactly. I think in 90% of cases if we would just use manners and common respect, we would have no PC issues. There's always that 10% that goes way overboard though, and messes it up for everyone.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Exactly. I think in 90% of cases if we would just use manners and common respect, we would have no PC issues. There's always that 10% that goes way overboard though, and messes it up for everyone.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

"the BBC in England’s obsession with putting blacks and Asians in Medieval European settings. (not that I have a problem with minority’s on TV but just they should not be shoe horned in)"

Why? Why in the name of reason and sanity does the BBC do that? Its hilarious......but I can't quite understand what they think they're accomplishing. Its nothing short of just plain weird!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

"the BBC in England’s obsession with putting blacks and Asians in Medieval European settings. (not that I have a problem with minority’s on TV but just they should not be shoe horned in)"

Why? Why in the name of reason and sanity does the BBC do that? Its hilarious......but I can't quite understand what they think they're accomplishing. Its nothing short of just plain weird!

I know right?

Every time I see I want to bang my head against a wall.

Britain has not always been some multicultural land of rainbows.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I have never and will never be offended or upset from any "word or words" said to me by another individual.
Baffles me how some people can be so effected/offended/upset over something somebody says.

Get over it, get above it, move on!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Star and flag

I think the comedian Stewart Lee put it best:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-12-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
OP. Just going off your post "title"..and yes, I read your post.
I think you're confusing the difference between, bark and a bite. But not in, a bad way. I'm probably wrong....

How about, you explain "Political Correct"? Manners? Doesn't everyone have a "right" to vote? PC? Really?
It's not about "pc", it's about right and wrong! Then some sort of a "standard". An achievement, expected by sane people.

If I/unless I, read your post correctly. You're inadvertently, adding to thier "PC".

"Manners". Is/are not, and should not even be used in the same sentence as "pc".

"Manners". Are/is, knowing when to facepunch and when not to..."correctness" is how you deal with it after the fact...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join