It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students at Oberlin College Bellyaching about 'Inauthentic' Ethnic Food

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You'd think they would have read the meal plan, and known what was on it, before committing to the school if dietary considerations were such a huge concern.

One would think. But they let anyone into college these days.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Only if you can afford it ...

Have you seen tuition prices these days?!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: introvert

You'd think they would have read the meal plan, and known what was on it, before committing to the school if dietary considerations were such a huge concern.

One would think. But they let anyone into college these days.

If they had specific needs, I agree.

But I've read some of the reviews online about the dining options at this school and there are many negative responses. Sounds to me like the management company providing services has a low quality standard.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This really does go much further than just the cafeteria meals...

Take a look at these demands...

www.scribd.com...

I love the last couple of lines....

These are demands not suggestions. If these demands are not taken seriously, immediate action from the Africana Community will follow.

It's insanity at it's finest...

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
This really does go much further than just the cafeteria meals...

Take a look at these demands...

www.scribd.com...

I love the last couple of lines....

These are demands not suggestions. If these demands are not taken seriously, immediate action from the Africana Community will follow.

It's insanity at it's finest...

It seems that the students are demanding things of the university that can be very difficult to fulfill. One demand, increasing black professors in the sciences is difficult; there aren't that many black PhD chemists and biochemists. What do they suggest be done with tenured professors? Another demand is to reassess the grading system [read that they aren't doing too well and need better grades by decree]. A further demand is that about a dozen African languages be taught and that a requirement for all students be some BS Black Studies course. This opens the doors for courses for other races, religions, and such so the first year will be spent learning how to tread lightly through the minefield of political correctness. A safe space [read segregation] is also demanded. The giveaway list of demands goes on and on.

Maybe the college will up the standards for admission and course difficulty so that the students have to spend more time learning and less time whining.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I guess they don't think they pay enough in tuition now, because if they got everything they wanted, it seems like it would cost the school alot of money, which they would pass down to the student with even higher tuition. oh, and I love the idea of providing the students from other countries with free room and board during school breaks..that right there would cost a pretty penny!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join