It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti tracking DNS query

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I am by no means a computer expert but it would appear to me that the way to ensure one privacy would be for someone who knows how to do it, would be to generate a random DNS number each time we got on the web.

I can appreciate that a website server has to have a static DNS but for home users like 99% of us, a random DNS generator would just the shot for privacy.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I think what you mean is not DNS but IP address. No you cannot generate a random IP address each time you get on the web, your ISP provides that number either statically or dynamically and they can easily track what traffic you generate. If you want some kind of privacy you need to look into a VPN subscription.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Random generated DNS server addresses? that would cause all sorts of havoc and how would you know if the DNS server has been poisoned so all traffic is sent to a nasty site slurping up your details and CC numbers?

Having a random IP address as well wouldn't work as remember the web is a two way system and what happens if you have the same one as someone else?

Perhaps a swift read on tcp/ip v4 and the basics of DNS system might be a good start along with the IANA

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Everything you do online is captured and stored. You want anonymity unplug, bur n your credit cards, quit your job and move under a bridge.

But first watch Citizenfour, about Snowden. After 4:30 into here…

edit on 20-12-2015 by intrptr because: time stamp

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Whats the problem with TOR?

Besides the very possible thing that most TOR-servers and -outlets (nodes?) are set up by governmental agencies. At least that is what I would do against TOR. And I doubt that that would be the last possibility for "them" to spy on users in TOR.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
nothing wrong with TOR, specially using it with a bridge. it's just slow as #.

to even find out the location of a tor user. you would have to control and own the start and exit nodes and that is hard 2 do.

not saying that's the only way.

but the methods don't really get results.

my advice is don't trust a VPN that doesn't except bitcoin.

when you are on the internet you ride bareback with the NSA.

NSA still records your data, NSA says they record 1.6% of the worlds internet traffic that's about 30 petabytes per day. which is allot.

encrypt all traffic with a VPN if you haven't already. (which means more money on top of the internet bill you already pay)

edit on 20-12-2015 by 0tacon because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2015 by 0tacon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Of course there is a lot of programs and services for this. And you are right that through the Web trespassers are able to read all your information and messages one of such services is here Of course sometimes we all like to read somebody's message but we should know how to protect our computers from this. I believe that such TOR servers can help indeed

new topics

top topics

join