It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Atheist Bow to Anthromophism?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: vjr1113

Perhaps with regards to this modern society we should consider that what in ancient society was defined as "super natural", is actually natural.

well i dont care what ignorant people use to think. i only care about what we know now. the only knowledge that matters.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tearman

Modern physics does offer that reality and in general is likely infinite so are you saying you have a problem with that?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Perhaps with regards to this modern society we should consider that what in ancient society was defined as "super natural", is actually natural.

Actually we do. What used to be considered Super Natural in ancient times we know was in fact just natural. Like Lightning and Tornadoes are natural and not signs that God is mad at us. Like the Planets and stars in the sky are actually other physical bodies in space controlled by Gravity and other known forces and not Angels or Gods residing in heaven. Like Comets being chunks of Ice shooting through space and not Deities riding chariots through the sky.

What ancients thought of as super natural we've learned were actually just natural things happening all along.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Chaos theory presents that what we in general comprehend as random is not at all.

Which in logic and in regards to reality is applicable.

Despite what Atheists engaged in Anthromophism consider perhaps you should check the weather.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Perhaps God is something just as natural as Tornadoes but upon another scale.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Perhaps God is something just as natural as Tornadoes but upon another scale

that's the key words right there, maybe god is super natural. untill you can prove that the supernatural exists the default position must be it doesn't. if you dont agree with that, i have a nigerian uncle in royalty that can double your money
edit on 19-12-2015 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2015 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Since we are just saying random stuff and saying what we believe in:

e to the pi times i power minus one is zero! this formula explains the whole universe and did not need one bit of infinity.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Why do you think the super-natural exist?

Why is it to you impossible to consider that there can be no such thing as the "super natural", and at the same time God could exist?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Perhaps God is something just as natural as Tornadoes but upon another scale.

But what does that even mean??? What scale are you talking about??? If God is Natural then he's Natural and limited like the rest of the Natural stuff. If he's a different kind of Natural then what kind of Natural are you talking about???

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Chaos theory presents that what we in general comprehend as random is not at all.

Despite what Atheists engaged in Anthromophism consider perhaps you should check the weather.

You misread what I wrote. "it is perfectly reasonable to come to the conclusion that everything came in to being with some sort of randomness, and without an intended purpose because nothing in the universe suggests that there was purpose to anything."

You seem to think I believe that everything is in a constant state of random chance. Which I do not. Again, you're putting words in my mouth that do not exist, and virtually every claim you make in this thread stems from false premises. Your arguments are baseless because you preemptively assume what defines things and people. It's ironic because the OP attempts shows how incorrect it is to do the very thing every post your make intrinsically has within it: false premises.

When people like scientists, or simply rational people make a claim that involves random chance, they aren't applying 'random' to everything in existence. In many cases they are simply using the word 'random' to suggest whatever it is came into being without intent or purpose.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

Based completely upon what mankind understands...the very first problem with your conclusion.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

i dont think there is any evidence that the supernatural exists because there is no proof. the second we have proof it stops being super natural and becomes natural.

god could exist, a teapot orbiting around jupiter can also exist, but i wouldnt believe either without evidence,.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs

e to the pi times i power minus one is zero!

That should be the lyrics to a Rap song for Math Nerds!!

I'm jammin on it now myself....."E to the Pi, Times I Power minus, is Zero" E to the muthafunkin pi bitches!!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

You misread what I wrote. "it is perfectly reasonable to come to the conclusion that everything came in to being with some sort of randomness, and without an intended purpose because nothing in the universe suggests that there was purpose to anything."

You seem to think I believe that everything is in a constant state of random chance. Which I do not. Again, you're putting words in my mouth that do not exist, and virtually every claim you make in this thread stems from false premises. Your arguments are baseless because you preemptively assume what defines things and people. It's ironic because the OP attempts shows how incorrect it is to do the very thing every post your make intrinsically has within it: false premises.

When people like scientists, or simply rational people make a claim that involves random chance, they aren't applying 'random' to everything in existence. In many cases they are simply using the word 'random' to suggest whatever it is came into being without intent or purpose.

To be clear there is no valid reason to treat the idea that Randomness resulted in reality. The construct that this is possible is I am explaining is Anthromophism.

My point is that there is today theoretically no real argument that anything is actually random. That we actually suggest such a thing is possible in fact is actually maintained in ignorance (scientific).

Simply stated there is no evidence that what some insists, represent randomness in reality is not the result of order upon some scale we as a culture are incompetent to comprehend.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Without evidence that gods exists I can't bring myself to believe in them if one day there is evidence then that is bound to change.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You simply applying a classical argument when in reality modern physics has transcended that.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Most of humanity has no understanding of complex analysis.

Your lack of a true response to my understanding of the universe shows you do not understand complex analysis.

It is sad when you don't even recognize people who are theist as theist... cause I do believe in a God! and I think god spoke complex analysis, something that requires higher dimensional mapping, thus is itself beyond any true human understanding.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

explain what you mean, are you saying we have proof of other dimensions outside our reality?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

a reply to: hubrisinxs

Based completely upon what mankind understands...the very first problem with your conclusion.

What else are we supposed to base anything on other than what we understand??? Should we base stuff on what we don't understand??? If we started making decisions based on our lack of understanding how well do you think that would pan out???

I don't understand anything about how build a rocket and travel space so does that mean I should be in charge of NASA??? How successful would I be ya think???

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Then what is the point to suggest that in some absolute way something we cannot possibly understand such as all as reality can be defined in some ad hoc way?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join