It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Atheist Bow to Anthromophism?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Given what is know about reality a creator could exist.

That is evidence that a creator could exist.

As far as your beliefs there is a saying, "one can lead a horse to water but that does not mean he will drink".

I am still waiting for whatever evidence you have to refute my position.

Otherwise this discussion sounds more like an adult version of, "My father is better that your father".

Nonetheless it is obvious that in the Eclectic Perspective you really have no idea what you are talking about.

Any thoughts?
edit on 29-12-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Any thoughts?

A lot of things could exist. Just because they could exist isn't a reason to believe in them.

Otherwise this discussion sounds more like an adult version of, "My father is better that your father".

Very strange. This discussion in my opinion is more like "you should believe in my god because I believe".

Much earlier in the thread I said "Let's say I want to believe you. Why should I?" Unfortunately, you haven't given me a reason to believe you.

The only thing you have presented so far are some hypothesises. If there was evidence to back up hypothesises they would no longer be hypothesis.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

in context you should figure out a way to live to the ripe old age of 20 trillion and you will in all likelihood still have to deal with the fact you do not know everything.

Making your premise as to understanding some absolute in your lifetime irrelevant.

No offence but perhaps you should get over that.

edit on 29-12-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Given what is know about reality a creator could exist.

That is evidence that a creator could exist.

Accepting the possibility of a potential outcome is in no way synonymous with evidence for that outcome actually occurring.

As far as your beliefs there is a saying, "one can lead a horse to water but that does not mean he will drink".

Once again, if you had a basic grasp of the scientific method you would know that in science, one does not prove a negative. If your position is that some sort of god exists, the onus then lies with you to prove that god exists. To insist otherwise is intellectual dishonesty at its finest.

Nonetheless it is obvious that in the Eclectic Perspective you really have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh sweet irony...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

If one cannot prove a negative the onus is upon those who present that God does not exist.

Sorry but perhaps you actually should have spent time listening when you were in school.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Guys you are really starting to fall apart....perhaps you should take a few days off an regroup.

Do not worry I will still be available to respond to your comments.

Any thoughts?
edit on 29-12-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Atheism is not a claim God does not exist.

Atheism is lack of belief in a God until God can be proven.

This has been stated multiple times.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

in context you should figure out a way to live to the ripe old age of 20 trillion and you still have to deal with the fact you do not know everything.

Making you premise as to understanding some absolute in your lifetime irrelevant.

No offence but perhaps you should get over that.

Mature conversations with people possessing a conflicting point of view really isn't your forte is it? The constant rumination a of "get over it" come off as the words of a spoiled child used to getting their way and not understanding how out of their depth they actually are. Or your just a straight troll. Either way, it's rather petty. Especially when you keep stating that others are making statements in absolutist terms when they are not. When someone states that something COULD be true, that's about as far from absolutism as you can get. And then there's telling others what it is that they believe despite being shown that it is not true and being told exactly what it is they believe. It's absolutely ludicrous. Perhaps instead of others "getting over it" you should take your own advice and realize that you just might be wrong yourself.

Any Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Guys you are really starting to fall apart....perhaps you should take a few days off an regroup.

Do not worry I will still be available to respond to your comments.

Any thoughts?

Actually you continue spinning your wheels making no sense at all.

My thoughts.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

If one cannot prove a negative the onus is upon those who present that God does not exist.

You don't know what the negative in this equation is anymore than you understand the math behind chaos theory.

Sorry but perhaps you actually should have spent time listening when you were in school.

I did. It's why I have the degrees I do and engaged in the research I did. Once again, you are also,utterly clueless. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic. But by all means... Keep going and proving how little you know.

I'm going to go make some popcorn now because this is that comedic.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

To claim God does not exist is an attempt to prove a negative.

The rest of your comments are simply irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Actually I am having a wonderful time in consideration to the OBVIOS fact none of you have provided one iota of data to support you position.

As it stands tonight and in proverb its like "shooting ducks in a barrel".

To all concerned no ducks were actually harmed.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I simply asked you to give me a reason to believe you. Although you seem incapable of doing so there is no reason for you to be rude and storm off.

If by chance some day you can come up with a good reason why people should believe you or people should believe in deities I hope you can share.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Actually I am having a wonderful time in consideration to the OBVIOS fact none of you have provided one iota of data to support you position.

Prove my position?

That until God is proven I lack belief?

"Shakes Head" ---- carry on

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

That is pretty much a lame response.

Evidence has been presented in that nothing we understand about nature today can be understood as random.

As simple as !+!=2

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

You haven't presented any evidence that deities exist. You have,t even presented a logical reason that people should believe they exist.

To claim otherwise would be dishonest.
edit on 29-12-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

That is pretty much a lame response.

Evidence has been presented in that nothing we understand about nature today can be understood as random.

As simple as !+!=2

Can you provide a list of your science degrees?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

To claim God does not exist is an attempt to prove a negative.

The rest of your comments are simply irrelevant.

To claim God does exist is an attempt to prove a positive.

So can you prove it or not???

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Prove my position?

That until God is not proven I lack belief in a bunch of people understood how to process electricity to there own benefit about 100 years ago.

"Shakes Head"...carry on

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Prove my position?

That until God is not proven I lack belief in a bunch of people understood how to process electricity to there own benefit about 100 years ago.

"Shakes Head"...carry on

You just keep throwing out nonsense hoping something will stick.

It doesn't.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join