It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Atheist Bow to Anthromophism?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: Ghost147
Well I misspelled the words incorrectly because I figured that in relation to your character you would obviously pounce on that to suggest there was something wrong.

Except you've been spelling it wrong since your first post. Nice try though. Perhaps you should talk to someone about 'dyslexia' (I'm also dyslexic)

Perhaps you should learn more about Psychology.

Perhaps you should read the spelling in the title of this thread. You know, before anyone even commented on the thread.

PS: I do study psychology.

You are wrong and everything you have said to date proves that.

It seems like everyone in this thread agrees with me. Not only that, but I have provided citations for many of the things I have said. So until you prove those false, then it appears that I am correct.

Get over it or if you cannot perhaps you should secure the services of a Psychologist.

The painful, painful irony.

For the record I do have a empty slot I my schedule.

So I take it you're ready to run away from the threads topic, again?

Please, stop being childish and actually address my points. Not with your opinions, but with factual evidence that back up your claims.

I can provide more citations for all of the claims I've made, perhaps you should begin to provide yours some more credibility.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
At present you sound a lot like Donald Trump.

A complete idiot not that I am claiming you are.

As I have made clear religious scholars of major religions have not in definition addressed God in context to Anthromophism.

That stopped roughly about 2000 years ago.

Again you should try to get over it.

Any thought?
edit on 27-12-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

At present you sound a lot like Donald Trump

Donald trump doesn't provide citations

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

See now your just trying to make me laugh

That does not change the obvious fact that I offered when I started this thread.

To be clear your sense of humor seems intact.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

I think we're talking to a ducks back.

Your effort was admirable.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

That does not change the obvious fact that I offered when I started this thread.

I'm not saying that it does change your position from when you began the thread. It is up to you to change your position if it is indeed inaccurate.

We simply provided you with an enormous amount of information that countered your original position, and showed how it was based off of a false premise. (arguably a number of false premises)

Nevertheless, if you wish to reject what 100's of posts show (many with citations, and all of which come to the same conclusion, even from different backgrounds), then that is entirely your responsibility.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I think my point is obvious and Major Religions on this planet no longer treat God as the Result of Anthropomorphism concept.

Actually I am using Windows 8.1 that applies spell checking automatically in forum conversations.

This is getting silly.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I think my point is obvious and Major Religions on this planet no longer treat God as the Result of Anthropomorphism concept.

Actually I am using Windows 8.1 that applies spell checking automatically in forum conversations.

This is getting silly.

Any thoughts?

You do not listen to anything.

We know exactly what you're saying

You just keep repeating we don't.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

a reply to: peter vlar

Chaos theory presents that in nature much of what we define as random is in fact not.

That could also and very well relate to reality a whole.

I suppose so but I don't know what that has to do with your insistence that atheism is an anthropomorphic principle or that fact that you continue to refer to it as "anthromophism" consistently from the thread title on through every single reply. It gives one the impression that if you don't care enough to know the word that is so prominent in your argument then the entire premise thereafter is rather baseless because you don't even have an understanding of the most basic aspects of your argument.

The dogma in atheism is the belief that there is no God.

dog·ma
noun: dogma; plural noun: dogmas

a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.

Atheism may be many things but dogmatic is definitely not one of them. There is no authority or hierarchy that tells atheists what they can or can not believe or what the specific tenets of their belief or lack thereof may consist of.

Anthropomorphism

Anthropomorphism is the attribution of human traits, emotions, and intentions to non-human entities. Anthropomorphism is considered to be an innate tendency of human psychology.

The idea that God does not exist relates to intent

how so?

Pure and simple Atheism is a religion.

Pure and simple... not even close.

the service and worship of God or the supernatural: commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

A religion consists of clearly defined rules, eschatology and a philosophy by which to live. Atheism has none of those attributes. It has no hierarchy, no priests or meetings, no holidays, no clearly defined anything beyond the one commonality of not believing in a god or gods. When people insist that atheism is a religion, it typically comes across as though the person making the claim simply can not fathom that anyone else is capable of living without religion because it is such a large part of the claimants world view. Forcing unrelated attributes upon atheists is either willfully ignorant or intellectually dishonest.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Atheist on the internet insisting the God today in Major systems of belief have something to do with Anthromophism is a Joke, given the position of scholars.

Ghost147 has made the claim this could be due to Atheist having had a better education.

Which in reality is probably some form of Bigotry.

Nature in potential is ordered as in relation to reality there is no reason in some absolute way to offer that Randomness is not a illusion.

I am repeating what I offered really early in this thread because of the indifference to these very apparent fact by some members.

"
We simply provided you with an enormous amount of information that countered your original position, and showed how it was based off of a false premise. (arguably a number of false premises)"

My premise as made clear at the beginning of this thread is that Randomness is an Illusion due to the fact that in nature And in relation to what humans are capable of comprehending does not exit.

What citations has anyone offered that denies this conclusion could very well be valid.

All you have offered is that God today is solely represented by ancient definitions which I have made clear is not the case.

Again this is silly.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

You "pick and choose" like Christians do the bible.

We are not confused on the point you are trying to make.

You keep insisting we are, but we're not.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I am not picking and choosing anything. God as a consciousness is identified as an abstraction philosophically in major religions that support at least 1 billion members. Meanwhile Atheist on the internet in general argue that religion is defined by Anthromophism .Which in fact from an intellectual standpoint, today is a bunch of Baloney.

Christians like Buddhists and Muslims today will in general acknowledge this over time and that makes the current argument by Atheist.

Religion is not wrong it simply acknowledges that God is possible given the evidence.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Your suggesting that today some majority of Earths population treats God as somehow human in every regard.

I'm not suggesting anything. I have no idea how many different ways people think of God. I was just pointing out the difference between an Anthropomorphized God and one that isn't. You can actually Anthropomorphize anything. All it means is to give something human or animal like characteristics.

So talking about God as in Tao isn't the same as God as in Jesus or some old man God. The bible talks about God as walking with Adam and Eve, being Jealous, etc. These are all Anthropomorphized ideas. You would never say that the Tao gets envious or anything, or angry or anything else.

Aside from that I'm not sure what anyone is trying to say here or why. Maybe someone can clue me in as to what exactly the current idea is here??

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I am not picking and choosing anything. God as a consciousness is identified as an abstraction philosophically in major religions that support at least 1 billion members. Meanwhile Atheist on the internet in general argue that religion is defined by Anthromophism .Which in fact from an intellectual standpoint, today is a bunch of Baloney.

Christians like Buddhists and Muslims today will in general acknowledge this over time and that makes the current argument by Atheist.

Religion is not wrong it simply acknowledges that God is possible given the evidence.

You're talking in circles.

Every point you refer to has been responded to.

You just refuse to acknowledge it, and keep telling us we don't understand.

We understand.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

At this point the only thing I want to being up is that your Avatar is really cool.

I have a Doctors Appointment and need to be up real early so I bid you all a good night.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

At this point the only thing I want to being up is that your Avatar is really cool.

I agree, my Avatar is really cool.

See that people. I'm here just a couple moments and already I have us back in agreement.

Damn I'm good!!

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Aside from that I'm not sure what anyone is trying to say here or why. Maybe someone can clue me in as to what exactly the current idea is here??

I posted this on page 6:

I think he's claiming atheist's have a concept of God as a being, when God could just be an intelligence that affects everything.

Now on page 10, he's still insisting atheists don't comprehend his point.

edit on 28-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Atheist on the internet insisting the God today in Major systems of belief have something to do with Anthromophism is a Joke, given the position of scholars.

Yet none of the atheists here have stated that? I wonder why.

If Atheists are refering to a god in an anthropomorphic sense, it's because it's relevant to that particular religion or concept. Not because all atheists believe that all gods have anthropomorphic tendencies. Do you know how I know this is true? Because Atheists don't believe in gods, no matter what the definition is.

Ghost147 has made the claim this could be due to Atheist having had a better education.
Which in reality is probably some form of Bigotry.

I would say that you would be correct, if i didn't supply you with a massive list of various studies and peer-reviewed articles that confirm this.

I could make a similar claim about people who live in slums. The vast majority of them are less educated than a person who lives in a wealthier neighborhood. Do I claim this because I hate people who live in slums? No... I claim it because that's what the statistics say!

Nature in potential is ordered as in relation to reality there is no reason in some absolute way to offer that Randomness is not a illusion.

And how many times have all of us said that we don't conclude anything using absolutism? Perhaps you need to reread your thread.

I am repeating what I offered really early in this thread because of the indifference to these very apparent fact by some members.

If this is so apparent, directly quote their words so you can provide validation to your claims.

My premise as made clear at the beginning of this thread is that Randomness is an Illusion due to the fact that in nature And in relation to what humans are capable of comprehending does not exit.

Your premise in the beginning of the thread had nothing to do with random occurrences, it was solely focused on the fact that "Atheist dogma" presents god as anthropomorphic. The direct question was:

"Any thoughts on: Atheist seem intent upon applying some grosser definition of what religion really is all about."

You only brought in your perceived issues regarding 'random occurrences' later.

And when you tried to clump all Atheists together as holding this claim, we all showed you that Atheists don't hold a universal belief, and all that makes an atheist an atheist is a lack of belief in gods.

Which means your premise - both in the OP as well as the premise you made later - are both false premises.

What citations has anyone offered that denies this conclusion could very well be valid.

We don't need to cite information that rejects that notion, because it has nothing to do with atheism!

Your arguing against a position that does not exist!

All you have offered is that God today is solely represented by ancient definitions which I have made clear is not the case. Again this is silly.

Are you insane? This has never happened once in this thread. Go find me a quote of any member who claims to be an atheist that has stated "Gods today are solely represented by ancient definitions"

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

If Religion truly relied on evidence, there would be no religion.

Of course, you're more than welcome to provide this 'evidence' for us.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

There has been no new arguments yet. Kashai is making the same argument he made in his 2 posts on the first page. He has yet to provide any new information, and has been responded to literally over 100 times on both matters.

He(she?) is a perfect representation of Close-minded and willful-ignorance behavior.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join