It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Wing Hypocrisy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The gun control bill supported by Reagan?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

To quote Chris Knight, "and I'm only saying this because I care.... there are some excellent brands of decaf on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing."

To quote myself.

Commie Lite may look less filling, It may make you feel all warm inside, but still leaves other people with indigestion.

Same can be said with Fascist lite.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

To quote Chris Knight, "and I'm only saying this because I care.... there are some excellent brands of decaf on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing."

To quote myself.

Commie Lite may look less filling, It may make you feel all warm inside, but still leaves other people with indigestion.

Same can be said with Fascist lite.

That's true. Some have "Reality Intolerance".

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Swills

What in the hell are you talking about?

Talking about the National FireArm Act of 1934.

The Gun control Act of 1968/

The Brady Handgun Violence 'Prevention' Act of 1993.

The CLinton Assualt weapon ban of 1994

Where LEFT WINGERS violated the RIGHTS of people they didn't like.

But that was 'ok'.

Since you brought up Gun Free Zones, as a deflection I might add, I thought we would continue down that road but of course, being your style, you jump from one deflection to another. Which brings me back to one of your posts on the first page.. and I quote,

As I said.

We already have 4 of the dreaded D's.

Denial.

Dismissal.

Disparagement.

Deflection.

The thread tells the tale.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Since you brought up Gun Free Zones

That's not 'deflection'.

The Gun Free Zone is intolerance.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

That's a damn lie!!! Damn, dirty lie!!!!

There is no such thing a good tasting cup of decaf!!!!! LIES!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Clearly it was deflection, right out of left field but I tried to humor you and what did you give me in return? More deflection, which anyone who is familiar with you expects that.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

However, the act also contained a provision banning the ownership of any fully automatic firearms not registered by May 19, 1986. That provision was slipped into the legislation as an 11th hour amendment by Rep. William J. Hughes, a New Jersey Democrat. Reagan has been criticized by some gun owners for signing legislation containing the Hughes amendment.

civilliberty.about.com...

Reagan is just as guilt as the others.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Nope.

The Muslim Free Zone was brought up.

So the Gun Free Zone was too.

LEFT WINGERS only say one of those is 'wrong'.

When they should be saying they BOTH should be.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

But he was not on the left so those on the right can be just as hypocritical. Why argue for either side?

Well, in that other thread, you posted something about the left-right axis not being adecuate to describe political positions but here you are.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Back to what Reagan really said.

n their letter, the three former presidents said: "This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety. . . . Although assault weapons account for less than 1% of the guns in circulation, they account for nearly 10% of the guns traced to crime.

While we recognize that assault-weapon legislation will not stop all assault-weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals.

articles.latimes.com...

The reality. Only Criminals have them.

The grandfathered pre-1986 machine guns. People have to pay outrageous sums in order to get one, and ONLY after what amounts to an enema from the STATE to possess.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

But he was not on the left so those on the right can be just as hypocritical. Why argue for either side?

Well, in that other thread, you posted something about the left-right axis not being adecuate to describe political positions but here you are.

He was left. Turned right.

Then turned LEFT again after the assassination attempt.

Had Hinckley not shot him or Brady. Who knows if that law would be here today.
edit on 19-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

So you can still have them but they are not readily available. With gun violence in America that sounds logical.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

So you can still have them but they are not readily available. With gun violence in America that sounds logical.

I am not about to pay $4000 to over $10000 for a machine gun. That's why you don't hear about them being used.

You hear about ones that are 'modified' that is in violation of federal law.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I am not about to pay $4000 to over $10000 for a machine gun. That's why you don't hear about them being used.

That's your choice. And it looks like it works.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

So left and right only hinge on the 2nd? Seems rather shallow but hey if it works for you.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

So left and right only hinge on the 2nd? Seems rather shallow but hey if it works for you.

No not just the second.

We can talk about the 'alternative minimum tax that makes the 'rich pay their fair share'.

That is on top of their their already existing tax RATE.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

That's your choice. And it looks like it works.

For millions of Americans that do not have 'disposable' income.

There is no choice.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hey Neo, first come up with an original name, this isn't a matrix movie & you're not the hero.

Second, it doesn't matter how many petulant semi coherent threads you start, they're not going to change a thing & neither are you.

You are on the wrong side of history & human progress will continue regardless of your ultimately pointless pontificating.

Sure you feel the need to rage & vent hence all of these repetitive vitriolic threads.

Who wouldn't when their entire world view has been discarded as archaic ideas no longer suited for the modern world.

You're the British Loyalist, the Whig, the Plantation Owner, the Anti-Suffragette, you & your beliefs will be relegated to history.

Have A Nice Day
K~
edit on 20-12-2015 by aethertek because: spacing

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Thanks for the compliment.

But what did that have to do with the op ?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join