It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Wing Hypocrisy

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

And yet, the centrists smile and stay silent, enjoying the show.

You should try it. It's actually amusing to watch.

Silence too is a choice. What remains to be seen is whether it will be a good or bad one. I wager that, though it may be amusing now, the lack of centrist participation is exactly what will cause people to fall into extremism.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Silence is a choice on a board like this (or FB, etc., but I think a great many centrists are the very ones to really study the field during an election and make an educated choice.

Those who always vote for one side don't need to consider anything... at all.

ETA: It's actually an ideal place to be during an election and, when there's no election, we can sit back and chuckle at the antics of political extremists.
edit on 20/12/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Oh good god no, and here's where your logic is completely flawed.

I don't hate Islamic terrorists because they're Muslim. I hate them for their actions, you know killing innocent people. Also, there are plenty of terrorist groups out there who aren't Muslim, just saying.

Nice try though!
it doesn't matter why you hate them, that is irrelevant

That group of people hates you and in their minds they have a good reason. They consider themselves right and you the bigot.

All I am pointing out is the definition of bigot doesn't specifically state which groups it's okay to hate or not.

Therefore you are a bigot. Like it or not it's true.

BOOM

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Bigot" refers to a person whose habitual state of mind includes an obstinate, irrational, or unfair intolerance of ideas, opinions, ethnicities, or beliefs that differ from their own, and intolerance of the people who hold them"

It is not, irrational, or unfair intolerance to not like those that kill for irrational reasons, therefore not a bigot. The belief that you are justified in killing another human being is the irrational one and the unfair intolerance is from the radicals who believe you must die, if they perceive you disrespected their prophet or will not convert...just to let you know.
Like it or not it's true.

BOOM
edit on 20-12-2015 by theonenonlyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

Bigot" refers to a person whose habitual state of mind includes an obstinate, irrational, or unfair intolerance of ideas, opinions, ethnicities, or beliefs that differ from their own, and intolerance of the people who hold them"

It is not irrational to not like those that kill for irrational reasons , therefore not a bigot.

Like it or not it's true.

BOOM
but what is irrational is a matter of opinion.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

No, you're just making up new definitions for the word to attack me. Nice try again, you should give up now because you look really foolish.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

The belief that you are justified in killing another human being is the irrational one and the unfair intolerance is from the radicals who believe you must die, if they perceive you disrespected their prophet or will not convert.

It is also irrational to believe every Muslim thinks this way.

IRRATIONAL: without or deprived of normal mental clarity or sound judgment.

What part of killing out of perceived disrespect of prophet or unwillingness to convert is rational?

What part of not liking these types of people is irrational?

What part of lumping an entire religion or people in with the radicals is rational?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

But there is nothing 'rational' about American politics.

It is solely based on the IRRATIONAL.

And ANYONE that has even a ounce of 'middle ground' will admit it.

There is not a single ounce of TRUTH in AP. It's based on nothing, but perception.

Our politicians are elected based on nothing but their opinions.

Our laws are written based on nothing but opinion.

Debated on nothing but opinion.

Signed in to law because of opinion.

In general politics is ALL about OPINIONS.

And opinions are the most irrational thoughts people have.

Because the sole basis is created on ALREADY preconceived OPINIONS some like to call 'facts'.

Some people like to call OPINION facts where they aren't.

American politics is a FARCE.

The whole practical aim of AP is two side trying to convince the other side one is 'better'.

As the thread HAS SHOWN. YES IT HAS.

They ARE NOT.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

No, you're just making up new definitions for the word to attack me. Nice try again, you should give up now because you look really foolish.
I'm not making up a new definition of bigot. It appears you are trying to select who is considered a bigot and who is not based on YOUR OPINION. I am pointing out that the definition of the word bigot does not specify which group of people it's okay to hate and which group it's not okay to hate.

That is left to opinion.

If I am wrong then please show me where it specifies?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The belief that you are justified in killing another human being is the irrational one and the unfair intolerance is from the radicals who believe you must die, if they perceive you disrespected their prophet or will not convert.

It is also irrational to believe every Muslim thinks this way.

What part of lumping an entire religion or people in with the radicals is rational?

If you read what they believe you will see that every one of them have the potential to become radical and should be treated as such.

To not take some sort of action such as an advanced screening process before allowing potential terrorists into the country is IRRATIONAL.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

If you read what they believe you will see that every one of them have the potential to become radical and should be treated as such.

To not take some sort of action such as an advanced screening process before allowing potential terrorists into the country is IRRATIONAL.

Well it is irrational that you think that only applies to Muslim groups and what makes you think there is no screening process?

I highly doubt they are just letting everyone in without proper screening and the ones who do manage to get through, do it illegally, have been here for many years/decades or American born.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Too funny, clearly you are SELECTING who is considered a bigot and making Islamist terrorism an example of a group being bigoted against is stupid. Please, with every reply you look even more silly so to help you out I will now ignore all your responses.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

"Well it is irrational that you think that only applies to Muslim groups and what makes you think there is no screening process? "

Quote me where I said this?

The screening process needs to be updated to make it more thorough in order to lessen the threat of an attack of potential terrorists.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Too funny, clearly you are SELECTING who is considered a bigot and making Islamist terrorism an example of a group being bigoted against is stupid. Please, with every reply you look even more silly so to help you out I will now ignore all your responses.
LOL gf

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

"Well it is irrational that you think that only applies to Muslim groups and what makes you think there is no screening process? "

If you read what they believe you will see that every one of them have the potential to become radical and should be treated as such

So who did you mean and what did mean by everyone of them?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

If you read what they believe you will see that every one of them have the potential to become radical and should be treated as such

So who did you mean and what did mean by everyone of them?

Are we reading the same thing because I still don't see where I wrote that it ONLY applied to Muslims.

Perhaps you can highlight that part?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Still not an answer to what it is you exactly meant by "everyone of them".

So you are saying that Muslims are not the only group where "everyone of them" are potential radicals?

I will give you one victory....
Never said anything about only Muslims.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I just watched Captain von Trapp sing Edelweiss with near tears in his eyes as a final goodbye to his beloved Austria

Made me think of this thread Neo - along with a few other threads here lately

There is not a single ounce of TRUTH in AP. It's based on nothing, but perception.

Our politicians are elected based on nothing but their opinions.

Our laws are written based on nothing but opinion.

Debated on nothing but opinion.

Signed in to law because of opinion.

In general politics is ALL about OPINIONS.

And opinions are the most irrational thoughts people have.

From your OP:

Much has made the news the past week. A lot of it concerning muslims, and gays. So what I want to know is why is it that when it comes to other groups of people yall really don't give a ratts behind?

Yes people LEFT WINGERS sure do love to talk the talk. They will scream bloody murder, about 'atrocity' after 'atrocity' being perpetrated against their protected groups like Muslims, Like LGBT's, but that is where their 'tolerance' begins, and ends.

...They live, and breathe just like anyone else. They have families, and have hopes, and dreams just like anyone else.

Not a single person in those groups is one bit different than Muslims, and LGBT's.

Have you figured out the answer to your own question yet?

Thought I'd point out while I'm here - you forgot to mention the plight of smokers in your OP. I know how important it is to you. Must've been an oversight

edit on 12/20/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Oh yeah thanks for reminding of that LEFT WING hypocrisy of BANNING smoking in Public ALL the while trying to legalize weed.

Such a shame the LEFT WINGERS made it impossible for themselves to smoke weed in public.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Oh yeah thanks for reminding of that LEFT WING hypocrisy of BANNING smoking in Public ALL the while trying to legalize weed.

Such a shame the LEFT WINGERS made it impossible for themselves to smoke weed in public.

HUH???? That comparison really makes no sense.

Much like the rest of this rant.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join