It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Wing Hypocrisy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Imagine for a moment, that the world was run by dogs.
Dogs should all have Canine Rights...I think dogs everywhere would agree.

But should they then also have Dachshund Rights, Collie Rights, Peek-a-poo Rights...and Chihuahua Rights?
I think not.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I have a question for you. Do you hate all Islamic extremist terrorists?

If you're answer is yes then you are a bigot.

Furthermore that would also make you a hypocrit for disliking other bigots.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Did the reasonable, intelligent and thoughtful debates scare ya a little bit last night neo?

This has knee jerk written all over it

:-)

Poor rich folks - having to pay their fair share of taxes...life can be so cruel. And unfair!

As to the rest of it - its not that the left doesn't care about your preferred downtrodden and abused members of society. It's just that they already seem so very capable of tending to their own needs and buying the best protection (and insulation) that money can buy

Watch out Neo - the Bernie might getcha!

But buck up - the Trump may get all of us

edit on 12/20/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Lol what? By your logic hating child rapists would make you a bigot too? Nice try though!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Don't play dumb. I guess I have my answer.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

i like Robert Scruton's quote:

"'Leftwing people find it very hard to get on with rightwing people, because they believe that they are evil. Whereas I have no problem getting on with leftwing people, because I simply believe that they are mistaken."

But there is a leftist bigotry where conservative opinions are treated in this manner. Dismissed as evil, dismissed as stupid, dismissed as old racists (even if they're not white), and treated pretty ill in public discourse. Sadly, it's this sort of bigotry that silences moderates both right and left, and is only facilitating the rise of the extreme right-wing elements all over Europe, and perhaps the US.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Lol what? By your logic hating child rapists would make you a bigot too? Nice try though!
Oh but it does. The definition of bigot doesn't clarify whicht group you can hate and which group it's not okay to hate. Nice try tho!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Oh good god no, and here's where your logic is completely flawed.

I don't hate Islamic terrorists because they're Muslim. I hate them for their actions, you know killing innocent people. Also, there are plenty of terrorist groups out there who aren't Muslim, just saying.

Nice try though!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
FML for being busy with holiday plans this weekend. I missed the NEO meltdown of 2015! NEO darling no matter how many times you ALL CAPS LEFT WINGERS it will not make it an insult. #FeelTheBern Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Liberal minded people and conservative minded people have physically different brains.

When you have two people with brains that are actually different, it makes discussion almost impossible.

Peering inside the brain with MRI scans, researchers at University College London found that self-described conservative students had a larger amygdala (link is external) than liberals. The amygdala is an almond-shaped structure deep in the brain that is active during states of fear and anxiety. Liberals had more gray matter at least in the anterior cingulate cortex, a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity.

Psychology Today

So if you want to rouse a conservative -- scare them. Tell them people are coming for their "things" such as:

-their guns
-their religion
-their money

This is why people like Trump do so well, he plays up fear and hypes anxiety to epic levels. The world is always about to end according to the GOP, and only one of their heroes can save us.

Being so fine-tuned to fear and threats seems to be an evolutionary hold-over from our past. For a very long time we did live in constant fear of big animals eating us, or hostile tribes of cavemen killing us.

We no longer live in a world where threats to our very life are are a 24/7 daily occurrence. Due to modern technology and modern society, we are safer as a species than ever before. This has lead to part of the population to shed the fear-based lifestyles of conservatism.
edit on 20-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Or...

-Russians are coming (kinda outdated)..
-Muslims are coming! (the new testa.. i mean version)

It always seem like Conservatives are easily influenced by fear mongering media. The terrorizers are coming to do horrible things to your daughter! so support preemptive strikes and war!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I think right wing ideologies as world evolves, will be isolated to small group and eventually considered extremist and banned as terrorist ideologies.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Swills

Nope.

The Muslim Free Zone was brought up.

So the Gun Free Zone was too.

LEFT WINGERS only say one of those is 'wrong'.

When they should be saying they BOTH should be.

LoL they think they can see perfectly clearly, but they obviously do not understand at all.

It is too late for them to handle such complex ideas, and actually admit that both left and right are a waste of time....they tried to but always end up defending only a few things they like.

Classic.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

Or...

-Russians are coming (kinda outdated)..
-Muslims are coming! (the new testa.. i mean version)

It always seem like Conservatives are easily influenced by fear mongering media. The terrorizers are coming to do horrible things to your daughter! so support preemptive strikes and war!

OMG 'gun violence' !

OMG' EVIL GMO' !

OMG 'EVIL CORPORATIONS'!

OMG 'EVIL BANKERS'.

And my personal FAVORITE out of them ALL.

The planet is out to git us.

Right wingers are 'easily' influenced by FEAR mongering eh.

That was just simply to RICH.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Right, but aren't quick to carpet bomb CEOs or say things like, "turn the middle east into glass with nukes!".

Big difference, and you know it. It's intellectually dishonest to try making the comparison you just did.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

What are you talking about? Are you defending Neo while saying I'm a Left Winger who doesn't understand the complex political paradigm between Red v Blue? I'll have you know I don't subscribe to the Left or the Right but I will tackle those that post such nonsense as seen in the OP by a hardcore neoconservative. By your defense of Neo, am I to assume you too are a conservative?

Either way, I wasn't defending the Left or demonizing the Right but rather just calling out BS when I see it.
edit on 20-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

And once again, you're doing your little projection song and dance, turning something you do around and painting others with it.

Do you accept responsibility for anything you do? Is everything always the fault of someone else? It sure seems like you levy blame on everyone else you don't agree with, but never accept one iota of responsibility for people who think like you...

You do realize that by using the same mental gymnastics over and over again, you are becoming predictable. Eventually enough people are going to tire of seeing the same shtick, and you'll loose credibility ...

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Right, but aren't quick to carpet bomb CEOs or say things like, "turn the middle east into glass with nukes!".

Right LEFT WINGERS just use that weapon of mass destruction called the US government and write LAWS that none of them read.

To make the 'bad' people be nice.

Ya know like the Sherman Anti Trust LAWS, and Frank Dodd Acts, and the Glass STegalls.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The ONLY projection going on here is by LEFT WINGERS trying to pass themselves off as 'better'.

Everyone knows they aren't.

Hell the only people that believe LEFT WING hype is LEFT WINGERS.

That's why Independents is the largest voting block that is currently growing.

Once the people here wise up to LEFT WING HYPOCRISY.

They turn around ,and make people that don't know any better 'instant citizens'.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You would think that would have happened with Hollywood, but alas it really hasn't.

Perhaps this is not as cut and dried as you think it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join