It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth behind debates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well, I made through most of an hour of the DNC debate tonight. To be fair, that's longer than I sat through any of the Republican debates.

And it occurred to me, after watching both "sides" debate each other.

I've watched debates before. I'm older than probably many of you and have been watching these things for decades. And every debate through every decade regardless of party had a solution to all our problems.

Well hell! If they had the solutions, they why in the #### do we have problems now? 4 years ago, republicans and democrats talked about solutions.
4 years before that, republicans and democrats talked about solutions.
And 4 years before that, republicans and democrats talked about solutions.
And 4 years before that, republicans and democrats talked about solutions. . . . . . . . . . . . .

My god! we must be stupid because every 4 years, we believe the person with the best solutions, and vote them in, only to believe someone else 4 years later who says they have the solutions!

Obviously they are all lying to us. they don't want solutions. Imagine if we did have solutions. We probably wouldn't vote for them anymore!

Politics. The art of convincing smart people that they are stupid, in order for the political answers to look smart.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Politics is nothing more than actors speaking before the people, giving the people what they want to hear, and doing anything and everything that the people who funded them want.

Hell, most of the major players and opposing sides are funded by the same people! It's absurd to think that your vote means anything at all. All you vote for is which empty vessel you want to visually represent you.

The entire system is so obviously tainted with this discussing undertone of inadvertent control, yet the masses buy into it election after election.

Where's the uproar and the revolution already?
edit on 19/12/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I came across this video some time ago. It's about who controls the presidential debates. It's a real eye opener.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

There will never be another revolution. Not unless it is sponsored by Nabisco and has a halftime show starring Taylor Swift.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thank you. It makes a lot of sense now!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm tired of the phrase "Let's have that debate ..."

Because whenever someone says that it means we never will.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You're welcome. It made a lot of sense to me, too.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I came across this video some time ago. It's about who controls the presidential debates. It's a real eye opener.

These debates are like buying a choco bar. What that means to us old folks, chocolate meant 100% chocolate bar, now for the young folks, choco means chocolate. Why not call it as it is "fake chocolate flavoring". This is what I've always thought of the few debates I've seen. It's controlled and it is down to an art of don't let the audience think of something too serious, keep them confused by our answers. THE WORLD IS FULL OF TRICKERY

join