It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aviv (ex-Israeli Mossad) Admit 'Easy to put truck bomb - As we did in London°

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Sorry , but what a bunch of fear mongering bs. KEEP SAFE, being the headline. Then the solutions include increased surveillance more cctv cameras. I'm constantly amazed at how this fear of terrorism is being pushed on a daily basis, with solutions that include increasing a surveillance state mentality on the public. Are things really that bad that draconian policies are the only solution. Life has dangers and risks, freedom comes with risks. I'm willing to have elements of risk in my life. Terrorism being an extremely low priority of risk to my life.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Just bear in mind this is from the US TV Channel FOX..

For the UK's part, I see nothing of this "fear" being pushed on a "daily basis". In fact, having scouted around the media this week, I've hardly noticed anything to do with terrorism. We seem to be more bothered with the weather and the EU..

So don't get all bent out of shape about it. It's crap US TV for the vastly under educated US TV audience - not to mention the clip appears to have been edited and out of context.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason was referring more to the American news and GOP keep America safe mantra. Just had enough of it all. We've never lived in a time with less threats to our lives in my opinion. Maybe I should of made that more clear in my post, so thanks for pulling me up on that, but your right we have never had a terrorist truck bomb in the uk. I think the video has been massively taken out of context. Because they don't have to deal with truck bombs every week in Israel either. Just a lot of bluster as per from fox pundits

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

ISIS, Al Qaeda and indeed all extremists can only hope and aspire to the achievements and methodology of Mossad. Between them and the CIA, there is no greater threat to humanity on the planet.

Well this is a pinnacle of intelligence....

Not religion.
Not global climate change.
Not loss of biodiversity.
Not bee decline.
Not a worldwide pandemic.
Not biological/nuclear terrorism or war.
Not implementations of nanotechnology or artificial intelligence.

Mossad and CIA. Nice.
edit on 20-12-2015 by MaxMech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
a reply to: PrinceDreamer

Could he be referring to the bomb placed on the bus that went off at Tavistock Square?

Well, no, because that was on a bus, not a truck and it was placed there by a suicide bomber. Traditionally, a truck bomb is an enormous device, as seen in 1993.

Personally, I think this clip is being misrepresented. It's a slip of the tongue from a person to whom English isn't his first language. Unless of course someone can point us to a "truck bomb" that has been planted in London that somehow escaped my attention?

Who says that it has to be an enormous device to be called a truck bomb? Looking at the definition a truck bomb is just an explosive device on a vehicle, but not necessarily a truck. Though that is not to say the clip hasn't been manipulated.
definition

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Plantagenet

OBVIOUSLY English is not is number one language and he jumbled the words DUH but lets twist it into some huge conspiracy so we can blame Israel not the people who love to use car-truck bombs.

I guess all those IEDs in Iraq proved nothing right? Iran was the largest importer of IEDs to Iraq and the same ones who have decades of experience teaching Hezbollah and Hamas how to use them to great effect AGAINST Israel.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Tsurfer!

It has been awhile, excellent contribution to the thread sir!

I know that you are one of the best critical thinkers around the good old ATS, so I will humbly acknowledge that in comparison to you I am obviously speaking for myself.

Your pro everything west stance speaks volumes of how well you use your mind!

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmSunday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceDreamer

Only one little problem here, THERE HASN'T been a truck bomb in London, so what exactly was he admitting to?

This is a highly edited clip I do believe, and I think what he is saying is that it would be as easy to put a truck bomb in London as happens in Iraq etc. not that one has been placed there.

Last time there was a truck bomb was 1993 planted by the IRA

The BS on this site gets worse every

Minute

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

He argues semantics then links to an article titled "car bomb"...

A truck bomb comes in a truck.

A car bomb comes in a car.

It's called a truck bomb because, as the name would suggest, it is in a truck.

When anyone refers to a truck bomb, they mean a bomb in a truck, not a car, otherwise they would say a car bomb.

I have never once heard anyone describe a car bomb as a truck bomb, or vice versa.

So, when this chappy talks about truck bombs, he is talking about bombs in - yes, you guessed it - trucks, not cars.

For you to argue that a truck bomb doesn't have to be in a truck is like calling a cow a horse because it has 4 legs and lives in a field.

Just for the kick in the teeth, here is a quote from the first paragraph of your article:

A car bomb, or truck bomb, also known as a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (VBIED),[1] is an improvised explosive device placed inside a car or other vehicle and detonated.

It is commonly used as a weapon of assassination, terrorism or guerrilla warfare, to kill the occupants of the vehicle, people near the blast site, or to damage buildings or other property. Car bombs act as their own delivery mechanisms and can carry a relatively large amount of explosives without attracting suspicion;in larger vehicles and trucks, weights of at least 7,000 pounds (3200 kg) have been used

So, when I said truck bombs are normally enormous devices, I was right. They use a truck because of the size of the bomb, otherwise if it were smaller they'd use a car..

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

ISIS, Al Qaeda and indeed all extremists can only hope and aspire to the achievements and methodology of Mossad. Between them and the CIA, there is no greater threat to humanity on the planet.

Sad, but evidently true

top topics

<< 1   >>

join