It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

favorite superhero/villian? least fav? why

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I always loved Sandman. Great comic series. Death was kind of cool, Delirium was interesting on the few issues they were in.

I was into Blackhorse comics, and enjoyed titles like Prudence and Caution (in my early 20's).

My favorite "hero" is probably Pitt. Loved Pitt. My favorite villain, hands down, is Doomsday (from the SUperman comics).

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The tick!
And chair face Chippendale....

They poke at the hilarity of the superhero genre.

Ill give you that...The Tick is pretty fantastic.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

For sheer superpower, you have to go with Phoenix.

From a pure hero aspect, Captain America is hard to beat.

For Villain, Magneto is the most complex character.

Though Victor Von Doom is pretty bad ass. Probably best name of villain ever.
edit on 19-12-2015 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
As a hero Id choose Adam Warlock. I liked his enigmatic and spiritual persona, and the fact that he was always leading the fight against Thanos/universal threats...

As a villian, well, Thanos is pretty bad ass, but Id have to agree with several other posters and pick The Joker..his level of insanity always surprised me.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Favorite villain: Joker, because he's insane, cruel, but he makes me laugh.

Yup.

Joker for me as well...just something classy about him as well.

In fact when it comes to any fictional character - Hero or Villain - I'd take Joker.

Oh there's tons with all manner of super-powers and whatnot...but yeah...Joker just appeals to the darker-but-not-totally-off-the-chart-dark side of me.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I love the Hulk. It's a simple reason really. He's told to do just one thing and he does it well. SMASH, lol
Least favorite I have to go with Batman. I don't follow comics a lot to determine who else could be my least favorite. I hate how he always talks in a low scratchy voice. I also don't get how their can be a Superman vs Batman since well how the hell can Batman realistically defeat Superman.

Favorite villain is Galactus. I mean he devours planets, what is not cool about that lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I was always a Batman fan growing up, probably because I vividly remember my dad taking me to see Michael Keaton as Batman in the movie theater when it came out. I loved it.

But having never followed comic books very closely as a kid, I only go by what I see as characters are interpreted and evolved on big and small screens.

However, I have been pretty engrossed in the "Arrow" show lately, and I think I'm liking his backstory and history and way he does things a tad better than Batman. Yes, they are basically the same characters, but I like the villains that he fights a bit more, like Deathstroke and Ra's al Ghul. So, for right now, I think that the Green Arrow (as seen in the TV show) is my favorite superhero...plus, I'm generally a fan of superheroes who don't have any magical enhancement and have only gained their strength and power through hard work, focus, and discipline.

The Cap'n (America, not Crunch) would probably be my second.

As for villains, I'm sooooo looking forward to the Deadpool movie...but I don't know if I would call him a pure villain.

If not, I'd go with the Joker, but Heath Ledger's version, not Jack Nicholson's.
edit on 21-12-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
I also don't get how their can be a Superman vs Batman since well how the hell can Batman realistically defeat Superman.

Yeah, that's why I don't like Superman--what's the point of a superhero is only one exotic element in the universe can cripple him?

Maybe the movie will deal with Superman finding his moral superiority and leaving earth or whatever the plotline may end up being--seems like self-banishment is the only way Superman could be defeated. I mean, you can't even shoot a bullet into his eye, so it's not like you can chop off his head.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join