It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

favorite superhero/villian? least fav? why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
who for the comic book fans out there.
who is your fav hero and villian and least fav hero and villian?

i have a hard time choosing an absolute favorite but i think if i had to i would pick the hulk. a lot of the characters i gain and lose interest in them over the years but the hulk has been pretty constant for me.

i generally like marvel characters better than dc.
along with the hulk i love silver surfer, wolverine, night crawler, and the scarlet witch.

the big 2 from dc, batman and superman are just kind of so so for me.
i love watching the movies that focus on them but as far as books and character histories in general, i could do without them.

i really want to like thor but i dont. like at all.
his powers/abilities are up there with the best of them. has about as much control as silver surfer and about as much strength as hulk. i just dont like his look. i dont like his hammer....just cant get into him.
the best thing about thor is the the girl that liked him in the movie adventures in babysitting.

what about all you fans?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I like Phoenix (who had possesed Gene Grey) in X-men.

It's like Magneto but better.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hmmm...personally, I guess I'm a DareDevil fan.

When I'm writing fiction, I always approach my heroes and villains with a "price to be paid" mentality, so, the more power I give my heroes/villains, the more complications and weaknesses I also give them (no free lunch).

For me, DareDevil nails this - he's exquisitely trained and works hard for it, but...he's blind. Yeah, I know his training allows him to "see" better than most people with eyes, but it's still a limitation, and I like that. Makes him feel...I dunno...balanced I guess.

-=Vel=-

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
When I was little I read a Fantastic Four comic book that showed an insight to Dr. Doom. It made me feel sad for him and ever since, he has been my favorite villain. I wish I still had that comic book to even know what I'm talking about 30 some odd years later.
As far as a favorite Hero? No one has pulled my heartstrings as much as the villain Dr. Doom in that comic book so many years ago and I don't read comic books anymore as much as I would like to.
I will take the opportunity to ask if anyone knows what comic book I'm talking about when it comes to Dr. Doom? It was in the mid to late 80's.
If so, it would make my Holiday season.
My Dad had collected comic books for like ten years in the plastic casings with cardboard inserts, only to have them stolen by a cousin. This has made me bitter about collecting them for years now.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Always lived spiderman as a kid. So am sticking with that, spiderman has nostalgic memories..

As for (sort of) villan it would have to be deadpool. .

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Favorite hero: Batman, for all the obvious reasons, ninja, toys, has no super powers, smarter than Sherlock.

Least favorite hero: Superman, more like super boring.

Favorite villain: Joker, because he's insane, cruel, but he makes me laugh.

Least favorite villian: don't have one
edit on 19-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I just want to clarify that you are regarding this specifically to comic book universe, and that no video game characters will apply??

In any case I recently finished watching Marvel's Jessica Jones. I though the Kilgrave character was very interesting villain. His powers of suggestion are such that anything he tells you to do, you just do it without hesitation or protest. Although IMO they took way too long to address him as a threat. A bullet from a distance could have handled it very many times in the show, but she wanted to do it her way.

Really though my favorite villain has always been Apocalypse, and my favorite hero was basically superman. But then Avengers came out and Captain America became my fav hero.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Velociryx
Hmmm...personally, I guess I'm a DareDevil fan.

When I'm writing fiction, I always approach my heroes and villains with a "price to be paid" mentality, so, the more power I give my heroes/villains, the more complications and weaknesses I also give them (no free lunch).

For me, DareDevil nails this - he's exquisitely trained and works hard for it, but...he's blind. Yeah, I know his training allows him to "see" better than most people with eyes, but it's still a limitation, and I like that. Makes him feel...I dunno...balanced I guess.

-=Vel=-
Oh, I'm so glad you brought up Daredevil because now I know who to pick for favorite Hero. After seeing the movies, I pick Elektra as my favorite hero and just might look into any comic books with her!

edit on 19-12-2015 by peppycat because: messed up and fixed quote sequence

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The tick!
And chair face Chippendale....

They poke at the hilarity of the superhero genre.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The tick!
And chair face Chippendale....

They poke at the hilarity of the superhero genre.

crazy you mention the tick.
my most favorite cartoon. absolutley love the tick.

deadpool is a bad ass. love his attitude.
natasha romanoff is cool too.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Dr. Manhattan from The Watchmen, basicly a living god, and I can't think of anyone who would be able to defeat him. Plus he's got the same dull blue glow as Luke Skywalkers light saber.
My favorite villain would probably have to be the Joker. His patented brand of unpredictable delusional villainy coupled with the innocent hijinks of a clowns cheap props makes him pretty unique.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ohhh...I had forgotten 'bout Electra...it's been a while since I've seen the movie, but as I recall...yeah, she was hot. LOL

And that's a good point about Dr. Doom - I'm the same way where villains are concerned. I don't want them to be over the top, moustache twirling villains, but rather, villains with depth and soul...maybe doing the wrong things for the right reasons, or the right things for the wrong reasons kind of thing. More misguided/blinded than pure evil? If that makes sense.

Sorry I don't know the comic you're referencing tho...

-=Vel=-

a reply to: peppycat

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thanos he's been both hero and villain over the years so both are covered.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Is Tarzan a comic book superhero?
I hope so, because he is awesome.

Villain?
The Joker.
Because he is awesome.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Swamp Thing and the Joker. Good or bad, they both kick ass.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Why the MOCKINGBIRD, of course!

"Lord Kevin Plunder where is he? I must speak with him! ‘tis a matter—of the fate of worlds!" In a brief second appearance in the same issue, the character claims that "Lord Kevin Plunder and I have never met—and yet I feel that I know him...You see, I can—can 'feel' people in my mind! And I know that unless I speak with him—Lord Kevin will die!"

Adversary:
Sin, for multiple reasons least of which is not the attack on the Stark Complex!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Prince Manor, The Submariner.
Because he's been a hero and a villain.
And he's from Atlantis!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
Prince Manor, The Submariner.
Because he's been a hero and a villain.
And he's from Atlantis!

It's Namor, and I've got some sad news for you.

kotaku.com...

Don't click, if you don't want to know.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Favorite Superhero: Iron Man. I have only seen the first Iron Man movie and it was awesome. In my opinion Iron Man is fun, action movie filled with science fiction and it doesn't take itself too seriously like multiple superhero movies like the Dark Knight trilogy.

Least Favorite Superhero: Spider Man. Just because I mentioned Spider man here doesn't mean I hate Spider Man. When I was a kid I loved watch the cartoons. However, the live action movies have been very dull and generic in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My favorite hero : Rorschach from the watchmen, hes a crazy mofo that does what is needed to fight evil.

Least favorite hero : Superman, boring as hell

My favorite villain : Magneto, no pity for the weak eheh

Least favorite villain : Condiment King, the name says it all

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join