It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Counterfeit Fundamentalist Xtians..The Demise of America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

My mind will be made up about the candidates when the slate is decided. I have no vote in the primaries so why should I bother with the bottom-feeders who have little chance of being nominated.

CRUZ is a top contender. LOL!!! Hardly a "bottom-feeder."

He, according to (no doubt biased and limited) polls, has a fairly good chance of being the nominee.
He's running SECOND BEHIND TRUMP.

edit on 12/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

meh

edit on 12/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: WHAT A WASTE OF EFFORT

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
If you want to see how accurate the polls are take a gander at every single poll conducted in the Bluegrass prior to the KY gubernatorial election last month.
Let me ask you a question: Are you a Republican, eligible to vote in the Republican primary? If not, what on earth difference does it make to you who they select to represent their party? What difference does it make if they select a theocratic neoCon or a very wealthy, unabashed capitalist?
Are you old enough to remember that these same sort of tirades were published when Jimmy Carter, a Southern Baptist, was running?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Don't forget people freaking out with John F Kennedy because he was Catholic and no Catholic had ever been President.

Anti-Catholicism was a big deal at the time. Same Crap then as well.... but of course, He had a "D" behind his name.

www.history.com...#

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
I have to admit that I wasn't paying attention to politics during the Kennedy campaign since I was only six years old but I have read some of the accounts of the opposition he faced and all the accusations that if he were elected, the Pope would actually rule the US.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Let me ask you a question: Are you a Republican, eligible to vote in the Republican primary?

I'm registered as Unaffiliated. When the GOP or DNC presents someone I want to vote for, I switch to their party. That's what I did for Ron Paul's race. Then I switched back to UNAFFILIATED. Your point?
(It's a free country, lady - we're not in China or Syria where you HAVE TO BELONG to the ruling party....)

If not, what on earth difference does it make to you who they select to represent their party?

Because I may very well have to live under a Republican president foisted on me from the bunch on offer.

What difference does it make if they select a theocratic neoCon or a very wealthy, unabashed capitalist?

Uh, As a citizen of the USA, whoever is our president MAKES A DIFFERENCE TO ME. I take it upon myself to learn about ALL of the major contenders, and THINK about what their election might mean for the rest of us. If that's okay with you. It's called keeping an open mind. That's my right as an UNAFFILIATED registered, qualified, experienced voter.

Why would it NOT make a difference to me?

Are you old enough to remember that these same sort of tirades were published when Jimmy Carter, a Southern Baptist, was running?

sigh

I watched when JFK's assassination was on the news.....it's one of my very first memories.
[snip]
edit on 23/12/15 by masqua because: edited personal attack on a fellow member

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

[snip]
Already answered that one.

You got anything else?

NO?

Fine. End of dialogue.

The influence of the radical religious already right exceeds its size. It still faces challenges to its rule, although that may change during the next few years as it consolidates its strength, and begins to exercise the prerogatives of its growing power.

As that happens, the United States will begin to look quite different.

What kind of place will the United States be if the radical religious right continues to consolidate power and enforce policies of its choosing?

An obvious change will be that children in public schools, or private schools publicly funded through vouchers, will receive religious instruction based on the ideology of Christian fundamentalists. That policy will perhaps be presented as a way to strengthen the fabric of society, reduce crime, and so on.

Of course, the scientific view of biology will no longer be taught in public institutions, except as a cultural oddity to be rejected.

Those are perhaps some of the least dramatic changes, although they will eventually lead to the United States slipping from its preeminent role in science.
In the eyes of the fundamentalist, "the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God" (I Corinthians 3:19).

www.sklatch.net...
edit on 12/23/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/12/15 by masqua because: removed off topic quote

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Again, please show me the laws that have been passed by the fundies. Your link is from 2003 so surely between then and now they've either made a bit of progress to which you can point us, or they've been completely ineffective.
In order for this plot to succeed you would need a majority of fundies in the Congress as well as a fundie president. How soon do you see that happening?
Just a couple of actual, federal laws passed by this group of plotters will do fine to uphold your view. Otherwise, yes, the discussion has come to an end.
Do you honestly think the military-industrial-petrochemical-transnationalist corporate elite will allow a few hundred fundies to foil their plans?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join