It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Counterfeit Fundamentalist Xtians..The Demise of America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:40 PM

originally posted by: infolurker
Protestant Leaders Declare Reunification of Churches Under the Holy See

I suspect that site of being yet another "satirical" news site.
One clue is that the same story mentions the declared intention of the UK to "reunite" Ulster with the Republic of Ireland, which would have been bigger news.
Another story on the site "reveals" that the Russian airplane destroyed over Sinai was actually downed by a drone from Malaysian airlines.
While this was found in;

AUGUSTA COUNTY, Va. – A Virginia school district has removed a number of wheat and vegetable products from its lunch menu after a flood of phone calls and emails from concerned parents demanded the removal of the grains and greenery, which originated in the Middle East nearly 9,000 years ago, on the grounds they could be used to indoctrinate their children into Islam.

In other words, that story rubbish.
edit on 19-12-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:15 PM
a reply to: DISRAELI

Sorry if that one was bunk. I just grabbed one at random.

Here are a couple others on the topic.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:05 PM
a reply to: tony9802

Luciferian Fundamentalist" agenda then, one hidden behind a "New Aged" form of Xtianity, attempting to annihilate and destroy America? Is all of this occurring, successfully, in the name of fulfilling a plan for a final "battle" between what we generally call "good and evil?"

The Controllers have had this planet ever since the demise of the Neanderthal and the ascension of Homo Sapien

Moloch worshipping Satanist New World Order Neo Cons maybe,

Luciferians are the good guys

The Western Church (Rome) supposedly created Islam.

Gotta keep the War machine killing, providing Souls, pain, loosh for our transdimensional vampiric Overlords to feed off.
We humans have something they lack

The lesser petty mountain god god jehovah is not mans friend either,
Yahweh = Satan. They have you worshiping evil.

I could go on but once the veil is lifted you will never see the world the same way again, dont fall for the accepted Hegelian dialectic, these are reasons they hunted the Bogomils and the Cathars and left no trace of them.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:15 PM
a reply to: ketsuko

All of this is alive and even taught by our own pastors who faith their own internal battles daily. Some will mislead purposefully, of that I have no doubt, but some know not what they do.

Thats a formulaic response. To doubt is to be wise. There is sufficient writings that indicate that the Trinity is a Mithriac tenet; if so the whole house of cards ( Aplostolic Creed) falls down

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:26 PM

Tell me if you feel the following statement is true or false: Fundamentalist Xtians are proceeding with a population extermination plan; this in the United States in particular, but all over the world as well. These Fundamentalists are attempting to "fulfill" their counterfeit reading, and counterfeit rendition of Scriptural prophecy.

Yes, they are....trying to bring about the Apocalypse by hastening the deaths of everyone who isn't a fundie Christian. Shunning orphans and widows from war-torn countries with out of control 'religious extremists'. Calling for CARPET BOMBING the entire Middle East..... wanting to deny food and shelter to our own citizens because they don't want to share....and they don't CARE about what happens to the uninsured, the hungry, the naked, the desperate. THEY WILL NOT contribute if there's ANYTHING they can do to avoid it.

They don't realize that in the larger theater (of the world at large) we (America) NEED the cooperation of American Muslims and hopeful refugees. We NEED to form cooperative coalitions with Muslim countries and other ME countries - the King of Jordan is trying.....

but American religious zealots would rather just let everyone die, and their well-being be damned. Education is not allowed. Awareness of other cultures and ability to be active listeners is DENIED to their children. Just like Hamas, in my opinion.......It's not only asinine - it's contemptible and condemnable. Egregious hypocrisy.

"GOD" is not coming back - not on clouds with trumpet fanfare - and not to 'collect up' the 'faithful' and whisk them away to heaven.

Anyway - in my opinion, MOST extremist Christian Fundies are nutjobs. Absolutely and totally out of touch, spectacularly deluded, and just plain wrong about everything.

Wait - what was the question?
edit on 12/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:34 PM
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:10 PM
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Do you encounter these people on a daily basis? Or is your information coming from msm? Why do you fear people of faith so very much that you feel the need to call them nasty names?
Who, exactly are these masses of people who are refusing education, denying food and shelter and insurance to people? Do you deal with them at the grocery store, the local health care clinic, the gas station? Where do they hang out and pester you? Do they attempt to prevent you donating food at the local food bank? Are they at the free health care clinic preventing people from seeking care? Maybe you met up with them at the homeless shelter where they were preventing the homeless from getting help?
I don't know where you live but in our area the churches are the ones doing the majority of the helping of people who are in need. They are running the food pantry, the clothing distribution, the "back-to-school" supplies drive, the free soup kitchen as well as donating their time at the free health clinic and the thrift store that supports the free clinic. It is church groups that support Habitat for Humanity when we build homes.
I believe if you were a bit more informed about where the charity in your community originates, your attitude would change dramatically. Get out there and get involved in actually helping those in need and you will see that the people of faith are carrying the bulk of the burden of those who are needy.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:15 PM
a reply to: diggindirt

Why do you fear people of faith so very much that you feel the need to call them nasty names?

I don't fear them.

Who, exactly are these masses of people who are refusing education

I've made many threads about how Evangelicals NEGLECT and/or ABUSE their children (emotionally, mentally, socially, and physically). Some of them refuse to take their children for medical treatment; others even kill their children outright (beat them do death, or starve/neglect them).

Others keep their children out of educational facilities and teach them that Jesus rode dinosaurs.........and others still take them to mega-churches that are set up like amusement parks and INDOCTRINATE them into self-loathing.........

they preach hell-fire and brim-stone to impressionable young kids (and older people who are vulnerable, desperate, depressed, incarcerated, etc.), and stand on sidewalks (or in cemeteries) protesting.

I attended a lecture by Nate Phelps a couple of years ago (do you know who the Phelps' are? WBC?) and what he said chilled me to the bone (along with everyone else, and earned a standing ovation).

Get out there and get involved in actually helping those in need

Erm - I did - for decades. Care provider (children and elderly). Case manager. Home visitor. Substance abuse counselor. Educator. Public speaker (national conference level). Clinical mental health counselor. Interpreter. Medical liaison. School liaison. Translator. Outreach provider. Youth group facilitator. Mental Health Court liaison. ......SERVICE PROVIDER...............

All (aside from running my own daycare for several years) in public venues (public schools, community mental health centers, community clinics, non-profit organizations) for low wages....... Is that good enough for ya?

What have you done?

edit on 12/21/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: Oh Well probably a waste of effort, but there, I said it anyway

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:50 PM
And still not a clue as to who they actually are! And yet you fear them so much that you make numerous threads about "them" because someone told you they exist? Do you deal with them on a daily basis? Who are they?
Have you heard them preaching about Jesus riding a dinosaur or did you pick that up via msm?
I'm serious. You've fallen for the oldest trap in the jungle---somebody told somebody and somebody is making a mint by doing the lecture circuit warning people about "them."

But to say that "they" are trying to bring about an Apocalypse is really, really going out there into lala land. While I don't doubt that there are religious people who are nutty as fruitcakes---just like there are non-religious people who are whacked out---they comprise a very, very small percentage of the fundamentalist Christian population. They're not in positions of power to have any sway with the general public.
While I don't agree with them, they have the right to stand where they will and protest the things they oppose. Do you suggest that they shouldn't have that right? Are you one of those who thinks the First Amendment only applies to those with whom you agree?

I'm truly sorry that at some point in your life you were scared by someone preaching hellfire and brimstone but you certainly are old enough now to have gotten past it. Forgive them and let your heart be free of such fear and hate. As a mental health counselor surely you have access to someone who could help you.

Your fear here has obviously over-ruled your ability to think logically.

If you take away all the charitable works done in our community by churches, yes, even what you would call fundamentalist churches, our community's needy would suffer greatly. From simple needs like food and shelter to day care for working Moms and Dads, to Helping Hands for the elderly, they meet the needs. Because their fundamental religious beliefs compel them to do so. They don't get paid, they do it from the heart.

Not to derail here but my volunteer work was volunteer work. Helping to establish a free health clinic for the working poor, establishing a thrift store to support the work of the free clinic, building homes for Habitat, establishing an English as a second language program, raising funds for a shelter for battered women and their children, public education on the subject of archaeology for both private and public schools as well as the university. I never heard any of those private (run by Christians) schools teaching that Jesus rode dinosaurs, in fact they had the same textbooks as the public schools did and pretty much the same curriculum. Members of my family and circle of friends who homeschool use the same textbooks as the public schools, they simply teach their children the basics of education, ignoring the propaganda which consumes so much time in the public school.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:58 PM

Dude. (or Ma'am?) I don't fear them.

I know how to talk about them because I "know them".

Active Theocrats: The New Apostolic Reformation and The Seven Mountain Dominionists

If you, however, do not - please make yourself acquainted with Cruz et al - who are Active Theocrats......
("annointed," even!)
edit on 12/21/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:53 PM

Which leader of which nation does not consider themselves "annointed,"?
The vast majority of the western nations have their leaders sworn into office with an oath made on a holy book.

I have neither the time nor inclination to make myself acquainted with your boogeymen. I know that religions have new and scary cultish movements. Look at the history of any religion and you'll see some really scary stuff. There are as many dingbats in religion as there are in politics.

So, you don't fear fundamentalist Christians but you want others to fear them?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:17 PM

originally posted by: diggindirt
I have neither the time nor inclination to make myself acquainted with your boogeymen.

So you're choosing to ignore the opposing side of the argument??? That means you don't know what the other side is talking about. You only think you do but won't take the time to verify the difference between what you know and what you think you know.

It's your choice to stay in the dark about any subject you wish but you cannot honestly argue against a position which you won't learn about. That's very bad form.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:11 AM

edit on 12/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:35 AM
a reply to: mOjOm

Entirely too many people don't take the time to research and learn before making decisions .....

they'd rather pretend it's beneath them.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:50 AM

Am I to bow before your greatness?

Too bad that even though we both served the needy, you insult and dismiss my efforts, intelligence, and sanity. Way to push away a 'comrade.'
Ah well - you to your path, me to mine. You are obviously much holier than I.

oh - here's your medal:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
a reply to: mOjOm
No, I refuse to become frightened of people of faith because a few people get their panties in a wad. I refuse to condemn those who are trying to follow their beliefs simply because my beliefs are different.
See, I "know these people" also because I see and work them on a daily basis and I don't find them scary. I'm not the least bit deluded about them taking over government and turning the US to a theocracy. Buzzy obviously has a problem that needs help. Let's hope the help comes.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:32 PM

See, I "know these people" also because I see and work them on a daily basis and I don't find them scary. I'm not the least bit deluded about them taking over government and turning the US to a theocracy.

Yeah? Are any of them RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT?

Buzzy obviously has a problem that needs help. Let's hope the help comes.

Oh, right. Send the white-coats. I'm out of my mind.

Religious Right Leaders Head To Farris Wilks Ranch To Plot How To Make Ted Cruz President

As we have been reporting for several months, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has been consolidating support from Religious Right leaders by enthusiastically embracing their anti-gay, anti-choice views. The momentum shifted into high gear after a secret meeting on December 7 at which dozens of Religious Right leaders voted to back Cruz – and a flood of endorsements has followed.

Now, the Washington Post’s Tom Hamburger reports that the group will gather again a few days after Christmas “at a remote ranch in central Texas, where Cruz, his wife and several key financial backers will visit with some of the country’s most prominent evangelical leaders for private conversations and a public rally.”

The ranch is owned by Farris Wilks, who with his brother made billions in the fracking business and has since become a major funder of far-right, anti-gay, anti-choice, anti-church-state separation organizations. The Wilks brothers have already given at least $15 million to the effort to elect Ted Cruz.

Farris Wilks is also a pastor who portrays gays as child predators and mocks environmentalism. He preached after Barack Obama’s re-election, “I do believe that our country died that Tuesday night, to all that’s honorable, all that’s good, that’s ambitious, and that has justice.”

The Wilks brothers have also been big funders of Christian-nation zealot David Lane, a political operative who has been working hard to get conservative pastors to run for office and to convince Christian conservatives to rally behind a single Republican candidate.
Lane is driven by the desire to get the reins of government in the hands of people who share his belief that America was founded by and for Christians and has a national mission to advance the Christian faith.

Lane and other Religious Right leaders are now publicly trashing Marco Rubio for not working hard enough to get conservative evangelical support.

But - you don't know, and don't care, because you think it's a "boogeyman."

Cruz Prayer Call: Ted Cruz Will Be The 'Godly President' Who Can Lead A 'Moral And Cultural Revolution' In America

When I first met with Sen. Cruz’s dad, Rafael, some months back and he shared with me how Sen. Cruz was elected to be the senator of Texas,” he said, “I knew right then that this was the kind of thing that if this if God was in, we would see a miracle happen, that that was the only way that Sen. Cruz could make it to be president of the United States.”

“We must have a Gospel-based moral and cultural revolution,” he added. “It can only flow from the church, it can only flow from the people of God, but if the people of God across the country were united with a godly president, we could see radical change come.”

- See more at: f

Yeah. Very "Christian" of you all.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:57 PM

edit on 12/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: not worth it

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:25 PM
a reply to: tony9802

Good, bad, or ugly, remember this; life on this earth is transitory. Remember the end goal, then behave accordingly. We are to be in this world, but not of this world.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:38 PM

Since there are already over a thousand people registered to run for president next year, no, I choose not to spend my time investigating each one.

My mind will be made up about the candidates when the slate is decided. I have no vote in the primaries so why should I bother with the bottom-feeders who have little chance of being nominated.

I've never claimed to be a Christian---in fact I've made it plain on many occasions that I do not call myself a Christian. But I don't have any paranoia about them taking over the government. I'm truly sorry that your fears are keeping you from thinking clearly but I can't help you. You say you are in the mental health business so I simply suggested that you get yourself some help for that deeply-seated fear you have of people of faith. It is possible to disagree with people without being fearful and a fear-monger. Obviously you are being dishonest when you say you don't fear fundies and yet keep on trying to make others afraid. Can you not see the glitch in your own programming here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>