It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: Senator to Challenge Ohio Vote Count

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
You better put a hold on that inaugural speech President Bush. Today in Washington, Representative John Conveyer (D-Mich.) will formally object to the Ohio electoral vote results in the 2004 presidential election. If any senator joins him, the House and the Senate must hear the objections and decide whether to vote on them. The allegation of a fraudulent election is held on the accounts of widespread discrimination, the absence of paper trails as well as general irregularities in the Ohio vote and the vote count.

www.alternet.org
In Ohio, the gulf between exit polls and counted votes is vast and glaring. Blatant discrimination in the distribution of voting machines ensured long lines in inner-city and working-class precincts that favored John Kerry, while the exurban districts that favored President Bush had no similar problems.

Systematic efforts were made to suppress and challenge the new voters in Kerry precincts, whether students or African Americans. Some precincts were certified with more votes than the number registered; others were certified with preposterously low turnouts. Voting machines, produced by a company headed by a vowed Bush supporter, provide no paper record. Ohio's secretary of state, the inappropriately partisan head of the state's Bush campaign, has resisted any systematic recount of the ballots.

The systematic bias and potential for fraud is unmistakable. An in-depth investigation is vital � and the partisan secretary of state has opposed it every step of the way. In this context, Conyers and his colleagues in the House are serving the nation's best interests in demanding an investigation of the irregularities in Ohio, and objecting to business as usual in counting the vote.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Will this overturn the 2004 election? Probably not. But it will prove to our US government that there is no place in American society for political tricks. If you try to pull one under our nose, someone will find out. And yes, we will call you on it. In the 2000 election Gore fought for the Florida recount which was so obviously flawed with errors it�s repulsive. In 2004, voters around the country sat back and watched as George Bush somehow won yet another election. So what about 2008? Well...the third times a charm.

[edit on 1/6/2005 by Simulacra]

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Simulacra, this just hasn't been your decade, has it?

Not surprisingly, Senator Barbara Boxer (C-California) has signed on, which will allow a two-hour debate to happen in Congress.

I didn't vote for Bush myself, but I think most Americans will see this as I do -- just a bunch of whining by a bunch of sore losers.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Off the Street, have you really looked at the Diebold accusations, and the +5% difference between Diebold machines and exit polls, in favor of Bush? Personally, for me the issue of who won is secondary, when the idea that we may no longer have a say in our electoral process, is revealed.

I hope that such ideas are completely wrong, but the more I look into it, the more I'm convinced...this was rigged. It was a close election and that was known from the outset. It wouldn't have taken much (+5% in places using Diebold), would easily suffice. In such places, we've got no paper trail, and no proof that the software isn't crooked. Indeed, here in my own state we had rampant proof the machines weren't tabulating correctly, even right up to a week before elections, yet not another word about it in the days following it.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Simulacra, this just hasn't been your decade, has it?

You're right. Hopefully in 2008 the Govenator will redeem my hope in the American political system.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just wanted to give you guys a 'live' update of a picture that was taken in washington just minutes ago.

www.unitedforpeace.org...

Ill try to keep this thread updated throughout the day until we have a result from the Senate.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Gazrok says:

"...In such places, we've got no paper trail, and no proof that the software isn't crooked."

If that's the case, what good does the Conyers/Boxer comment make? It's not (according to what you say, anyway) that the investigation (if there were going to be one, which I doubt there will) would do anything but be street theater -- and it would probably end up backfiring on the Democrats.

I was in Belize during the election, so I didn't keep up with the hour-by-hour accusations and counter-accusations. The guy I voted for lost; but

(1) George W. Bush is President now;

(2) He will be re-inaugurated later this month,

(3) No one will be able to prove or even show evidence of the election was rigged in Ohio or anywhere else, and

(4) The United States and the Democratic Party are both going to look like a bunch of bozos, anyway.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

[
(3) No one will be able to prove or even show evidence of the election was rigged in Ohio or anywhere else, and

That is rather pessimistic, given that the evidence has already been accumulated. Ignorance is bliss for some.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

That is rather pessimistic, given that the evidence has already been accumulated. Ignorance is bliss for some.

I agree with Masked. This type of pacifist mentality is not what America was built on or should represent. I dont want to get pushed over by my government. There is evidence that something happened in the Ohio election and we are trying to do something about it.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
And yet, Congress paid lip service to the objections, voted against them overwhelmingly, and paved the way for four more years of collective pillaging from the children and grandchildren of current US voters.

Business as usual, nothing to be worried about.

Anyone who has verbatim content of how Congress handled the matter, it would be worth linking here...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've got a couple of questions for the anti-Bush crowd!

1. Is this election a fraud just President Bush was re-elected?

2. If Senator Kerry had won, would the election been fair and square?

There were thousands of cases where voters were registered in two states and falsely registered to adresses that didn't even have a building, much less a residence!

And they were all registered under the the Democratic Party ticket!

So put that in your pipe, smoke it and deal with the fact that President Bush is again the president of the United States after January 20, 2005!

[edit on 6/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I think I can see how this will turn out.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by HeirToBokassa]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Bush's feelings will be hurt as he looks out into the crowd to see that picture of Alfred E. Newman representing him. LOL

I'm sure he's sheltered from such things so his majesty doesnt end up with his sensitive feelings hurt.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
As usual, the Democratic Party can't help but continue to further exaggerate
the already super-cartoonish caricature of themselves.

When will it stop? LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

As usual, the Democratic Party can't help but continue to further exaggerate
the already super-cartoonish caricature of themselves.

When will it stop? LOL

This is all very interesting, but what I don't understand is, why is okay to question the election in the Ukraine, but not in the US? Do only exit polls in the US lie? Your federal election process needing serious updating and streamlining as I understand polling stations are managed locally and the process can change from county to county. So yes, it is possible for there to be irregularities and outright fraud. To me, it doesn't matter where you vote, the method should be the same in every state.

[edit on 8/1/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
[edit on 1/9/2005 by dollmonster]

[My response was lost when I clicked on for purple background. I'm too mad at myself to write it again now. Maybe later.

[edit on 1/9/2005 by dollmonster]

top topics

join