It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft picture quiz

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Here's another selection of pictures to think about;

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
1. Ziln something?
2. Nord something? Or some other cheese eating surrender monkey contraption
3. Tupolev Tu-98 “Backfin” –super cool.
4. ?
5.Tuploev Tu-110 “Cooker”
6. Vought F-8U-3 Crusader III (aka Super Crusader)

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Sorry Guys, this is a bit off the tread, but food for thought....

Looking at all previous wars, conflicts, call them what you will - all ended with some form of surrender or negotiated settlement or occupation of one country by another.

Considering the "War on Terror" it is not against a particular country so who must surrender or negotiate a settlement, or be wiped out for the war to be over. For instance if OBL dies then is the war over, or won? I wouldn't think so while there are still people who are willing to commit terrorist acts such as suicide bombing (and there has always been fanatics and, I guess there always will be).

So at what point can it be said that the war is won, lost, or over ?

Now, I realise that George W said that it was going to be a long war, but was he talking of a ten year war, a hundred year war or perhaps a thousand year war? Hmmmm, interesting, but I don't think sustainable. I cannot imagine the 10th president after George W still continuing the war, or indeed the American public continuing to pay for it.

And when all is said and done, a military force has about as much chance of stopping a crazy individual strapping explosives to themselves as the US has of stopping American teenagers turning up at school with their guns and wiping out their classmates and teachers.

Oh, Damn planeman - I still thought Father Christmas existed !!!! (but perhaps not Aurora - Just what was the Skunkworks doing for all those years then?)

[edit on 1/4/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
planeman, 3 5 and 6 are correct, 1,2 and 4 are still open.

Wombat, wow, where did that spring from?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wombat, my personal thoughts are that the whole "War on Terror" is a political exercise by the current President of USA, partly to ensure populatirty at home and partly to make an excuse for more military buying - his provocation of china seems to have wayned - from "Cold War II" to "War on Terror". Whilst Al Qeada definately consitute a threat to USA and its Western alies, and Saudi Arabia let's not forget (it really anoys me how people assume that the Saudi's government support Al Qeada - calls to invade Saudi... yeah increasing the "infidel" military presence in the "land of the two holy places" will really cure Al Qeada...), it is inappropriate to call it a "war" in the common usage sense. It's just terrorism, just like 1870s Russia, 1940s Palestine etc etc. And the war in Iraq has zero to do with Al Qeada - so there is no one to surrender and Iraq has only esculated the Islamic terrorism situation.

The truth is that America is a superpower on the way out, in terms of being the global leader. It will always have nukes so it'll still be a key player for some time, but India and China, and maybe eventually European-Russia, will soon displace it and the "War on Terror" will quitely die down to ever less intensity and spending. The US military will suffer massive cut backs etc. Maybe in an attempt to bulster the economy with defence spending (1930s Germany anyone?) the US will invade a few more countries in the 10-30 year timeframe - but will face ever more compelling political pressure as the emerging powers start to sway the balance.

But, I'm a moderate lefty, aethist, Brit, so guess I'm just predictable on this subject.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
1. Aero L-200 Morava
2. Breguet 940
4. Ahrens AR-404

Two immediate things I'd like to know....

With Blair's whistlestop visit here and New Zealand last week, what was the message he was delivering for George ?, and.....

What time does the war against Iran start.....(I'd hate to miss the start on CNN!)

Or are both answers the same ????

Gee all those marks against you and all I could possibly object to is Brit ! (as an Aussie, it's mandatory, of course)

[edit on 1/4/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
thats the final three sorted if anyone has any more?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
1. Ziln something?
2. Nord something? Or some other cheese eating surrender monkey contraption
3. Tupolev Tu-98 “Backfin” –super cool.
4. ?
5.Tuploev Tu-110 “Cooker”
6. Vought F-8U-3 Crusader III (aka Super Crusader)

Hello compatriot!

[edit on 3-4-2006 by emile]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
first one is j-12
last one is Tu-91

[edit on 4-4-2006 by emile]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
first one is j-12
last one is Tu-91
Correct

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'd love to have a go but I can't see the pictures :bnghd:

edit
Oooh, I caught a glimpse of the McDonnell F3H Demon at number 2.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by waynos]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
yeah, the picture host server seemed to be down for a while. The pics are back. Yep 3 is the Demon.

4 and 5 still out.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
We seem to have a numerical time warp here ....

1. NAMC J-12
2. McDonnell F3H Demon
3. Fokker F.25 Promoter
4. Fokker V. VIII
5. Tupolev Tu-91

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
All correct, even the ones Waynos and Emile already got, lol.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ok, two difficult ones.... more planes that never flew:

1. A supersonic fighter/trainer program was seriously under development until it was cancelled in 1988 for financial reasons. The program went trough several major redesigns as the engine solution was hummed and harred, the Rolls Royce Spey was even considered.

2. This is a early concept for which currently in-service European made fighter?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
These two are pretty easy.
Above one is AIR-95
Blow one is belong to Grippen

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
These two are pretty easy.
Above one is AIR-95
Blow one is belong to Grippen
Spot on! Damn. lol.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
yeah, the picture host server seemed to be down for a while. The pics are back. Yep 3 is the Demon.

4 and 5 still out.

4 is a Fokkeer V8

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Just breaking the silence.....

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join