It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft picture quiz

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I think one advantage the TSR 2 had over the later Tornado was its much greater internal fuel capacity, in addition to this it could also carry additional fuel in its bomb bay which was also plumbed to act like a fuel tank. This would leave four underwing pylons free for modern munitions probably with as much range as a fully tanked Tornado today. When you consider that plus the fact that it was STOL, rough field capable and had no capacity sacrificed for a wing sweep mechanism like the smaller Tornado had it becomes clear what a backward step Tornado was by comparison, and yet Tornado is known to be one of the finest attack aircraft in service today. Certainly makes you think what could have been.

I have more than one TSR 2 kit on order and I will certainly be thinking about what could have been when I make the others, I'm not alone either, look at these two after market TSR 2 decal sheets for example

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The Great TSR.2 didn't need too many pylon under its aerframe just a couple under wing is enough compare with that Dassault Mirage IV, I think even in normou war, the space after cockpit is enough to carry rays guided bomber. With low fuel-cost rate engine Britsh always built, that TSR.2 no wonder would had quite long combat radius. Think about 3V bomber in which every one is still impressive today are much more efficient, powerfull and superior than Tu-16 Tu-20 Tu-22. ......

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

THAT Bellanca 77 I have asked Aviation Furum Wombat don't tell them who I am please.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
1. Heinkel He 115

2. Morane-Saulnier MS.406

3. Dassault Mirage III E/O/R - More than likely a IIIR with that under fuselage fuel tank.

[edit on 27/2/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't believe it, these pictures always come up when I'm offline and when I come back its too late :bnghd:

edit thinking back, I only got to identify the Firefly because wombat couldn't see it

[edit on 27-2-2006 by waynos]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I obviously spend Waaaaaaay too much time at the computer:shk:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
wombat:
Do you still remember Franch Brozz?
May be my spelling is not correct.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Winged Wombat
1. Heinkel He 115

2. Morane-Saulnier MS.406

3. Dassault Mirage III E/O/R - More than likely a IIIR with that under fuselage fuel tank.

Do you think a man can drag He115?

Factualy it is Fokker T.8

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
emile,

You are quite correct, there is very little difference from that angle, but the double tailplane bracing confirms it.

No, I know nothing of Franch Brozz, doesn't ring any bells. My memory is photographic rather than being able to remember names.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

external image
external imagemany enough I think

[edit on 28-2-2006 by emile]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ha, I get to play. ie dive in and get several wrong probably

1 Focke Wulf Fw 200 Condor

2 EKW C-3603 (?)

3 Boeing B-17

4 Ilyushin Il -28

5 Heinkel He 111

6 Don't know (guess Fisher P-75?)

7 Curtis SB2C Helldiver

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'll go with those with the exception of No.6, which I think is a Bell P-63 King Cobra.

emile, do you have any more info on that "Franch Brozz" thing ? A website perhaps ?

Ah, yes waynos - the internet gives us all such a wonderful opportunity to make fools of ourselves.:bnghd: - but in the end we all gain a little knowledge, hopefully. Hey what a great avatar - a picture of me absorbing aviation knowledge!

[edit on 28/2/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Welcome back Waynos:
This is thread originally post out of you

these three are for you

Wombat have a rest,you can find some pics to quizz Waynos but don't quizz me, all you post I've never known, don't know and won't know for ever.

[edit on 28-2-2006 by emile]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The only one of those three I know emile is the Planet Satellite at the bottom, a British light aircraft from 1947 that looks like the grandaddy of the Learfan

The top one resembles the Romanian SET XV but differs in strut detail and fin shape, is it a version of it?

The middle one I do not have the foggiest about.

Dont forget to confirm the answers to the pics you post my friend as you rarely seem to do this

Its been a while since I posted any images so heres five dodgy blurry ones, open to all of course;

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Waynos:
All your answer are correct except that P-63 king cobra Wombat made out.
this time you post I am sure the first one I have been seen many times but still lost, then I recog. one looks like Fiat Cicogana, the bottom one haha... that's Bellanca 28, recently I studied Bellanca very well.
rest of them remain to Wombat, that is so easy to him I am quite sure:p

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Yes, the Bellanca is right, no fiat in there though.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Italy CANT bomber

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Let's see....

emile's...

1. Fokker CVD Furricane
2. Fauvel AV-2

Still can't find anything on the "Franch Bruzz" thing though....unless it's the Caudron A.260 tailless based on the Caudron C.260, neither of which I can locate a picture of!

Waynos....
1. Abrams Explorer - we've had this one before haven't we ?
2. Koolhoven FK.58
3. Piaggio P.32 Mk II
4. Magni "Vale"

seems like JAWA 38 and 39 have many pics in common, although I hope your 38 is much better condition than my 39 (I think it barely survived the Blitz by the look of it)

[edit on 1/3/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hee hee, well done wombat. Yes, my 1938 JAWA is pretty decent, just a few loose pages among the adverts at the front

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Bugger.

All I could say was that I'd seen Emile's number 2 before but couldn't identify it. I was thinking it looked like it might have been part of Northrop's YB 49 flying wing program, but I knew that didn't feel right.

Waynos' number 3 put me in mind of the CAC Boomerang, stubby plane, barrel-engine...but these ones I reall didn't know...

As for the satellite, I'm wondering, did they nick the V-tail from the Germans, or did Fouga nick it from these guys for the Majister?

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join