It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft picture quiz

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It's the same airplane. They added a special nose to it with extra equipment in it. It's still a T-33 just like you showed in your picture, but it has a different nose on it. The picture you showed is a normal Air Force T-33 trainer. The one with te strange nose is a NASA T-33.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
All done on my last set ?

They were....

1. Dassault Mediterranee
2. Fanero-Chile Chincol
3. Ikarus Orkan
4. Kocherigin TsKB-27
and
5. Robey-Peters Gun-Carrier

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wombat:

All your pictures post here are too abstruseness, as so many web I couldn't open it in China, such many book has never published in China, how can I make out what those are

You'd better tell me where you take those pictures from, and teach us how can learn it. I only saw the first one in JAWA Yearbook once.

Would you post an original picture of the first one?

[edit on 23-2-2006 by emile]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
these are for Wombat:

The one yeaterday I posted give to Waynos
So many todays Wombat will be busy

[edit on 23-2-2006 by emile]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It looks like I certainly will be busy, emile.

All of the pictures I posted came from Air Enthusiast Vol.2 Number 3 March 1972. This is not Air Enthusiast Quarterly which came out later. The Air Enthusiast which came out monthly was re-named Air International.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Our CHINA aircraft you may not recognize but what about this one

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
OK emile, I'm afraid I didn't do very well on Chinese aircraft but here we go.....

1. Shenyang FT-1
2. Beijing-1
3. No Idea
4. Looks like a Yak-12 variant
5. Yakovlev Ya-19
6. Yakovlev Yak-12
7. Don't know
8. Don't know
9. Still don't know
10. I've seen picture of it, but can't put a name to it.
11. Don't know

But please tell us and supply website names if possible.

The other picture is of the Fanaero-Chile Chincol, same as I had in my last set.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Is it the Sukhoi T.1 emile? I'm not completely certain, but pretty sure.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
waynos, although I can't find a picture of it, I think it might be the aircraft described as the Sukhoi 100L, which was a production Su-9 used for wing planform experiments, including the wing shape of the T-4 supersonic bomber.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The first delta wing aircraft I posted is took from this link, you two are speak English as mother language, I think you will give the answer more accurate than me.
Then I have to say Wombat done surprising again to me, even Chinese fans didn't know so many as you, no wonder you are a compentent avaition editor who are admirable.:up
All of those aeroplane you can find by these link:
news3.xinhuanet.com...
www.junshijia.com...
1) exactly!
2) exactly again
3) shoudu-1 which you also translate meaningly to capital-1 also direct beijing
4) correct. yes we modified from Yak12 as a seaplane called Feilong-1 which means flying-dragon
5) factually we modified from CZECH AE-45 as Songhua River-1 the river can be found in our Heilongjiang province.
6) correct!
7) The name showed on airframe but I take advantage of you don't read Chinese
actually the name you may can see at nose called Yanan-1
8) Heilongjiang -1 or Heilong River -1, did you remember I mentioned Heilongjiang province?
Yes it is the name of this one
9) Red flage-1 or hongqi-1 these meaning is same in Chinese.
10) This rotor called Yanan-1 named as a cradle of red revolution.
11) this rotor built by an univercity called M16 showed on tail but you don't know

By the way the first link you can see some series number as [1] [2] ..... you click them to turn next page (下一页). in which 年 means year, 月 means month, 日 means day, 试飞成功 follow the date means first flew successfully, so 1958年12 月16 日试飞成功 means successfully first flew at 16th Dec. 1958.

[edit on 24-2-2006 by emile]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Thank you emile

Your information is very useful

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here are some waiting for you

[img]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
1.... I've seen it, I'm sure I have a picture of it somewhere, but my brain refuses to tell me what or where - I think my brain has taken an unauthorised leave of absence:shk:

2. Consolidated B-24 Liberator

3. I will leave this one for a certain person who has a particular affinity with this aircraft. waynos

[edit on 25/2/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   

What's the purpose this mast on bf-109v6 for?
Then who have more inforemation about Bellanca 77 seaplane? Ive searched web only shows Bellanca C-27 Airbus

[edit on 26-2-2006 by emile]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Emile,

It looks like a pitot head and yaw vanes. The high mast keeps it clear of the prop wash. Also a camera on top of the fin to record the tuffing on the port wing.

For details on anything American try www.aerofiles.com

[edit on 26/2/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
No Wombat I have got some infors about Bellanca 27 but the Bellanca 77 is twin engine seaplane which seems to be quite different from Bellanca C-27. The web you give me there is no infors about bellanca 77 only few of C-27

bellanca 77

bellanca C-27

the twin engine Bellanca 77 was bought by Columbia Navy But I have no details about it.
Waynos——! Where did you hidden?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I've been away doing my family tree research (back to 1690's with one branch, woo hoo) but I come back and see the back end of my beloved on emiles picture board,
_ I also recieved my Airfix TSR 2 yesterda so I have been drooling over that, it looks like a masterpiece in the box and I'm almost scared I'll mess it up!
I do not know the identity of the plane that is foxing wombat, never seen it before.

If you look closely at the Bellanca's the wing and fuselage are identical, it looks like the floatplane is a remodelled version of the landplane from its design, I don't know too much about Bellanca's though, they've never 'done it' for me.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
emile, the Bellanca 77 is there - www.aerofiles.com > Aircraft, A-Z > Bellanca > go down the page to '77-140, 77-320 Junior'

Fancy putting a picture of a TSR.2 up and not expecting waynos to recognise it. :shk:

[edit on 26/2/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
She looks a bit tatty on that picture emile posted and I can't leave it like that so heres a new post-restoration view of the beauty!

There was a programme about cold war bombers on the History Channel last week ands I was thrilled out of all proportion to see a USAF General say that cancelling the TSR.2 was a huge mistake and that "it should have continued and the USAF should have bought it instead of launching the TFX as a rival, it would still be one of the worlds premier bomber planes today"

Yee ha, you said it buddy

[edit on 26-2-2006 by waynos]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Just looking at that excellent picture of TSR.2 brings a couple of thoughts to my mind.

Current modelling fashion would have you emphasising panel lines on the model, but looking at the pic, maybe the first thing you should do is sand off all the panel lines.

Secondly, I can't remember how big the weapons bay was on the aircraft. Just wondering how the aircraft would have coped with some of the larger guided weapons that are in use these days, as there is not a lot of wing to hang pylons on. Certainly the F-111 weapons bay ended up being totally inadequate.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join