It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft picture quiz

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well, what a coincidence! I got the 1938 Jane's today and the Fiat and Bellanca are right there! same pictures too. Do you have this book emile?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
No emile, I can't identify those drawings...

Do you know what they are ?

If not, where did they come from?

To me they look to be Mach 2 design studies from the early sixties, when it was assummed that two engines were required - perhaps British (although I can find nothing really similar)

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Well, what a coincidence! I got the 1938 Jane's today and the Fiat and Bellanca are right there! same pictures too. Do you have this book emile?

No I haven't this book you mentioned

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Winged Wombat
No emile, I can't identify those drawings...

Do you know what they are ?

If not, where did they come from?

To me they look to be Mach 2 design studies from the early sixties, when it was assummed that two engines were required - perhaps British (although I can find nothing really similar)

The first picture I suspected that is belong to Franch design,becuase if you search Sud Est X-115 by google, you will find a web as this one showed X-115 in which there is some letter JMC-XXX at down-right side. Whereas the first picture also has similar letter, So I wondered that is a Franch design plus that shap is Franch style too. But too many link in that web I still haven't found the picture I posted here. All of these pics come from a friend here
but he's also not known what these are.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by emile]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
What's this?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
4.) mirage 2000 or 4000 cant tell because its from the side and I dont know any other differences

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That is the Ryan Darkshark, designated the XFR-2, it was a turboprop-plus-jet conversion of the Ryan Fireball.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
My god! How stupid I am!:bnghd:
I have looked that big picture but couldn't indentify this small one:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
well try again!

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is the De Havilland DH.108

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Incredible! every aircraft Wombat can recognize!
I don't believe!

[edit on 12-1-2006 by emile]

[edit on 12-1-2006 by emile]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The first is one of a couple of Lockheed F-80A Shooting Stars that were experimentally fitted with a pair of wingtip mounted Marquardt C20 (20 inch) and Marquardt C30 (30 inch) ramjets.

The second is a BAC Jet Provost T.5A It's registration (N600LT) indicates that it is current and is owned by Phantom II Aviation of Wilmington, Delaware, USA. It was previously XW368 with the RAF, hence the number 368 on the nose. This type never served with any of the US Forces, so the markings are quite false.

[edit on 12/1/06 by The Winged Wombat]

[edit on 12/1/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Oh! I got lost again! Wombat! Why you recognize so many aircraft? Do you have some tool-book? I thought you might have more, much more JAWAYs than Waynos!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Because I am, very old, very wise (I wish) and have a long memory, emile.

And I have a very large aviation library! (But probably no larger than Waynos, I suspect)

[edit on 13/1/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Well, Winged Wombat:
Try these pictures,this time will be veeeeeery very difficult!

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Without looking up any books or other references, I'd say...

1. I'll have a think about it.....
2. Grumman OV-1 Mohawk
3. McDonnell F3H Demon

OK, I've had a think - Yakovlev Yak-38 Forger for No.1 - why - colour scheme and standard of finish says Russian Navy to me, the rest is pretty easy to work out - how many Russian naval fixed wing aircraft are there to pick from ?

[edit on 14/1/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Wombat:
I knew that I can't competite with you in the quizz. But this time I have to ask teach from you because there are no more informations could be found.
Could you tell me more information about this aircraft? Please collect more details as much as you can because it was proposed by your country. But I don't know why the emblem showed as Canada?
www.fortunecity.com...
cnapg.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Emile,
Those are Australian markings - with a kangaroo in the centre.

As the websites say - the aircraft was proposed as a trainer for the Mirage IIIO, but was not proceeded with - only a mockup being constructed. This mockup is now at Moorabbin Aviation Museum, in Victoria, Australia.

See their website for details and dimensions of the aircraft. www.aarg.com.au...

Instead, we bought a modified version of the Mirage IIIB/D two seater.

[edit on 19/1/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Then, is this one still called Sea Vixen?

If my guess is right could you tell me what version of SeaVixen is?

[edit on 19-1-2006 by emile]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is the Prototype De Havilland DH.110.

It was originally built to a RAF specification, but when it was not accepted it was reworked as the naval Sea Vixen, still under the DH.110 designation.

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join