It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six GOP Hopefuls Vow To Enshrine Anti-Gay Discrimination Into Law

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Gee how does the Defense of Marriage Act that became LAW, and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act that became LAW tie in to a topic about some GOP 'hopeful's that haven't even been elected yet tie in to the conversation at all.

What?

It doesn't. It doesn't "tie in" to the conversation at all.

Sorry you didn't get the memo. This meeting is already in progress with a clear topic. You apparently neglected to pick up the brochure at the door clearly explaining what the topic is.

edit on 12/19/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hey neo, can you tell me who signed in those policies that are running for president? If there are some, I'll be sure to look up their voting record on such matters and keep it in my mind, and thank you. If there is none, I don't know what you are getting at...

I actually looked it up. Joe Biden did vote for it, but I have a hundred other reasons I will not be voting for him, this being one of the least.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Oh I got the memo long ago.

Gop opposites get to pass 'discriminatory' laws but the GOP can't.

I see how that works.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Joe Biden is not running, so no worries.

edit on 12/19/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Heres hoping that this proposal for a new law is just pandering for votes by the right for election day.

I find it sad that people are using their freedoms (to vote) to deny freedoms (discrimination) to others.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Oh thank goodness. I haven't googled him or followed very much political news other than here on Ats in a long time.

Neo, I understand where you are coming from but there's a lot of things to understand, including that times change. Fifty years ago the most liberal people would look quite conservative today. Fifty years from now, I'm sure the most conservative people will be more like liberals today, and that liberalism will have gone too far. As of now, the scales are getting closer to balanced in my opinion. I still have my religious freedoms, but gay people can marry, and less people care if you smoke weed... :p

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Heres hoping that this proposal for a new law is just pandering for votes by the right for election day.

I find it sad that people are using their freedoms (to vote) to deny freedoms (discrimination) to others.

We are only suppose to care when it's mulsims, and LGBT's.

Anyone else they could care less.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Please stay on topic.
Or leave.
Please.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: NthOther

The same "sides" have been debating the same fake issues for generations and things only get worse, never better, regardless of who's in power.

You have to be intelligent enough to have noticed this by now.

Yes, I'm intelligent enough.
That doesn't change the fact that half of all people are of below-average intelligence, by definition. I'm not trying to preach to the choir. I know who my intended audience is. If even ONE of them takes heed, it can make a difference.

This is where you are wrong, people have taken heed the entire time and it has never made a shred of difference.

Which proves you have NOT noticed anything by now and will continue supporting the same tired system complaining the same way about the same things...............................

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: OhOkYeah

Do you have a source showing that the Dem candidates were somehow 'barred' from endorsing it?
Or that they were asked?

That's what I asked from you.

You're not very good at this, are you?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

I see it just fine.

Hope springs eternal.

If you want to be defeatist and succumb into silence, that is your choice.
I will go to my grave defending the downtrodden, disenfranchised, and vulnerable.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

We are only suppose to care when it's mulsims, and LGBT's.

Anyone else they could care less.

I care when it's muslims, gays, gun owners, successful people, business owners, smokers, veterans, short, black, ugly, fat, people.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

That's tyranny.

No it's called equality. America was never meant to be ruled by religion.

It wasn't ??

How come it has been, then , the entirety of its existence ?

Just an accident I suppose !

(post by ParasuvO removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
how can these rubes be so blind as not to see that turning their religion into law to dictate how others need to live their lives is no different whatsoever than sharia law? this hypocracy is truly mind boggeling, even embarassing.

i dont care which divisive farytale anyone chooses to run their own life by, its none of my buisness. however, the instant anyone decides to use their beliefs as a weapon to cut away at anyones personal freedom or equality they become an enemy. period.

edit on 19-12-2015 by LordSnow21 because: to add

edit on 19-12-2015 by LordSnow21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2015 by LordSnow21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

maybe you did, but well, don't really see where weather or not the post is tilted one way or the other should matter to anyone, since mainly the point I was making is that the right just loves to us Fox as a source, and that is also tilted in favor of one side.
sometimes, I just find it kind of irratating when a topic deteriorates to the point where the majority of the thread is spent debating such things as weather or not the source is bias.
I'll admit, ya, it's bias...so what, dodn't make the core facts of it not true...and that fact is that a large number of the republican candidates running for president feel the need to sign on to a law that seems to grant a sect of people immunity from non-descrimination laws, based on a--one of many--- religious belief.....
what about the many other beliefs? do those get the same immunity? if one is to take the justification for this law as being correct, then well, those other beliefs should also hold as much right to immunity as the one they are addressing does shouldn't it?
IT wasn't that long ago that it was danged near impossible for a women to find a job (outside of those low paid, traditionally considered "women's work" jobs such as waitress and fast food... but well, anything making close to a living wage, well, times were hard, and jobs were scarce and as far as they were concerned, the men had a family to take care of, the women had a man to take care of them or at least have one...they would give the jobs to the men...and yes, it was closely connected to the religious views of the time.
so, if we accept that they should have immunity when it comes to gay rights, do we also have to accept the idea that they can legally discriminate against women in the workplace using the same justifications? do we have to go back to segregation? or interracial marriages being discriminated against? heck why don't we just give the kings and queens of old back their absolute god given power, since well, they belief that it's their right, based on religion!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

About a year or two ago, I was extremely conservative. I was worried about my religious freedoms, and thought that all this gay marriage talk and such was an agenda, but really the definition of agenda is far to loose these days, and it's used far too much. Yes, a lot of topics are about Muslims and LGBT, and although it may not seem like it, the focus would be on Christians if we Christians were actually being discriminated against. There's so much talks about these two things because they are modern, real problems where people are being actively discriminated against, even in ways the law protects them from, though not effectively... Thus the focus.

People not following your own morality is not discrimination.

People denying you the right to practice your own faith, worship your own God,etc is discrimination.

Furthermore, denying people the right to their way of life simply based on religious beliefs is discrimination.

The Muslim talks are about freedom of religion, speech, privacy and the like. I have not heard any advocates for sharia law - yet the right act like this is a left agenda, to push Muslim ways upon the people, when the opposite is the truth. Christians are pushing Christian ways on the people in illegal and devious ways.

Not to sound like a broken record, but I truly am a Christian. I believe in a personal God, an atoning savior, I believe in personal accountability not only to your fellow men but to you God, I believe in morality and justice and freedom and free will... All of those things that my old religion advocate for. Yet I fail to see how the actions of Christians in high positions are justified by such beliefs.
edit on 19-12-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

UGH sorry I replied to the wrong person lol.
edit on 19-12-2015 by BLee8127 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I could not have said it better.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join