It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood And Glory: The Civil War In Color

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Firstly, I'd like this to be a thread about the pictures and reenactment of those pictures and not the whole Civil War debate. Someone wants to start a thread about what they said, fine, but can we just keep this on track?

Absolutely stunning. While many of the photographs look like they are from the '50's and '60's - that is the 1950-60's - they are still stunning. The first image they turned from b&w to color simply made my jaw drop.

This isn't the crappy colorized movies of old, this is done well. Much of it is still re-enactors - how does one spell that word? - doing what they do but with a little cgi here and there to enhance what they are doing. Plus, they take some scenes and turn them into near exact replicas, moving replicas. Not anything important, for the most part, but still nice scenes from days of yore. Like the people going to the first Bull Run.

Pretty impressive and really cool to see some of what they did. I hope this is done with more of the photographs taken during that time.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Uh....link? Pictures?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I agree with David,Where's the Pics?I'll s&f when I see it..

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
It was a 2 episode series on the History channel that aired back in April.
History.com Blood and Glory
IMHO it was fairly well done concerning the quality of the color added photos, but nothing anyone semi interested in Civil war history has not seen before.
Here are a couple clips.

I personally prefer the Ken Burns Civil War documentary.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Ok, my bloody dvr is way on the fritz. Been this way for a while but my info said this was a new show. It's all messed up, recording every episode of Ancient Aliens because it thinks they are new and all sorts of screwups.

Anyway, that's why no link as I figured it wouldn't be up yet. This totally irritates me but I have had them out four times, new boxes and cables, yet the problems never get fixed. I used to install these things and I have no clue as to what is going on except they just can't make boxes that work. That's the only thing I've got as I can see no reason why this has been happening, even with different equipment I still have the same problems.

Any frikkin' way, I enjoyed it and thought it was real cool. Your mileage varies, oh well. It happens.

top topics

join