It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin defends Christianity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Ghost to ats " no, we are better than you"

I never said I was better than anyone else, or my position more superior. I merely pointed out that his information is based off of drawn out fallacies that have been disproved over and over again, and in some cases, blazingly obvious.

It would take literally seconds to discover all the quotes from the founding fathers who directly state how perverse religion is to society. The fact that people still claim America was build on Christian foundations is mind boggling.

Just because someone points out flaws in someone's position, doesn't mean their trying to boost their own image.

And the reply by those who are sucked in to this arrogance
"We love Putin or we love atheism"

It has nothing to do with atheism. He spouted inaccurate information, and that inaccurate information deserves to be shown to be inaccurate.

Since we are on the topic of Carl Sagan and religion...

I guess he was agnostic?
edit on 20-12-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
He should shut up about religion and start looking towards defending the LGBT community in Russia.

Backward folks over there man.
Still rife with abuse, violence and degradation.

Unlike the US no abuse, violence or degradation, heaven on earth

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The way my government along with the USA and others has sought to destabilise the Middle East is beyond forgiveness.

And yet the ME has been destabilized for longer than the US has been a country, but hey let's just blame them for it since it's easier than looking at the problem itself.

Everyone knows that the CIA used secret time travel technology back engineered from the saucer recovered from Roswell to travel back in time to murder Ali.

I think we can look to the fact the USA made their currency the only currency used for trading oil, control, greed

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I think we can look to the fact the USA made their currency the only currency used for trading oil, control, greed

What about the other reserve currencies?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Prostitution is an honorable profession in Russia. They have TV reality shows on how to get a millionaire to be your sugar daddy. Much, much more degradation in Russia.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Video. -10 of degenerates vs +492☝good guys . 1 out of 50 and squeal like a legion, only they and hear
edit on 20/12/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
Video. -10 of degenerates vs +492☝good guys

I'm not sure what your post means. I was going to link to some examples above, but they would violate T&C. Search youtube for "sexy Russian reality TV."

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001 thanks to you, dear veterans, my family did not hit the Nazi concentration camp, and I Peter Listerman could take place as a seller of your granddaughters, I call them wooly gold reibert.info...

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

"Give me a P! give me a U! I hope you didn't leave your pom poms at home!

Lets be frank-SOME followers of Christianity and Catholicism aren't exactly the teachers pet either-they have committed many various crimes over centuries. Sure Putin speaks his mind- but would he appreciate your scrutiny or would he want you grabbing your ankles? my bet is on the latter.

Yes he is staunch and steadfast but so is a mule and a mule will kick anyone that bothers it.

edit on 20-12-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

True morality requires no religion, only a basic willingness to treat everyone with kindness. if you cant even muster up that much youre in no position to judge.

that was two minutes and fifty five seconds of utter garbage. its distressing that so many people are still so far behind that they think they cant control themselves without making up a fantasy father figure to punish themselves with if they misbehave. their minds work like a child's rather than growing up and taking personal responsibility for their actions. i'd go so far as to point out that the inherent divisivness of religion guarantees far too many will not be treated fairly, and this is moraly wrong.

religion is a control mechanism for the weak willed, nothing more.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Haha. Very funny princess.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Once again, Mr Putin is on point and showing his true leadership skills by pointing out the absolute and uncomfortable truth.

I completely agree with him - the reason the west has gotten to this not very good place is because the rights (and beliefs) of the majority have been trampled over to pander to minorities.

He rightly points out that minorities have the right to exist, but must work with and have mutual respect for the majority. He makes mention of homosexuality and while I advocate we have the right to exist and live a safe and peaceful life, I want the heterosexual and christian community to remain strong and proud, because we come from within your ranks.

If we are to retain our cultural identity and our way of life we need a return to sensible morality that puts family and our western heritage first.

The President's words are intelligently and creatively double-edged. When he talks of the values 'rooted in Christianity' he could equally be talking about Satanism. He talks of the moral and the immoral followed by a list including a reference to gay marriage. Which group does that belong to? For the prejudiced, whichever way they swing, he appears to be speaking their language. Even the words 'majority' and 'minority' are loaded. Is he talking numbers or relative power holding? A minority can still be the majority shareholders.

This speech was from 2013. Since then the President has quoted the Bible more frequently than the Pope. People haven't used scripture to make a point in politics for centuries, so for the most part his references are missed. The passages he has been choosing of late are of violence and wrath. Are these the values he was referring to two years ago? They are certainly not what the majority inferred them to be.

And so, net result is that we really don't know what the President is thinking and where his value system actually sits. It's high on a fence at the moment, yet he appears to have public support. That is what being a good politician is all about. It makes you a crap human being, but then we're not paid to do that, are we?

On your comment about the heterosexual and christian communities remaining 'proud and strong', you are clearly not gay, or you are so far in the closet you are in f**king Narnia and have never experienced queer-bashing be it first, second or third-hand. We are not from their ranks. Soldiers in ranks respect and admire their rank-fellows. They are prepared to sacrifice themselves for each other. When it comes to the crunch, heterosexuals and christians do sod-all for their 'chums'. HIV-AIDS ravaged gay-kind for ten years before the straights and the bible-thumpers pulled their finger out and thought it might be time to start thinking about a vaccine. Any heterosexual or christian of adult age from 1978 to 1990 should carry the same shame as the German nation for their part in the holocaust, even though the majority claim they were unaware of what was happening around the corner. Strong and Proud of being the priest and the levite, when they should have been the Good Samaritan? Ha! You are deluded and straight.

Oh, and for the record, if you read Genesis 1:27 properly, following the rules that are laid out previously you get the history of humanity and mankind. It is they who come from our ranks.

RE-GENESSI 1:27

1.0+
([Cytosine] And created N3 Elohim O6
Humanity C9 in His Image H12)
[Guanine] In the Image H12 of Elohim O6
Created N5 Them C10
[Adenine] Males H12 and Females O5 Created N5 Them C10
[Thymine] Were created N2 They C10
Brothers H13 and Sisters O7

1.5-
And They Created a Sister and a Brother
Female and Male Created Them
In Elohim’s Image Created Them
The Image of Elohim Created Man.

2.0+
And Created Man in his Image the Lord
In that Image the Lord Created Them
Male then Female Created Them
Were created They Man and Woman.

2.5-
And Were created They Straight Women and Straight Men
Females for Males Were created They
In the Lord’s Image Were created They
The Image of the Lord Created by Man.

3.0+
And Man Created the Image of Satan:
In that Image Satan Created Them
Males cum Females Created Them
Were created They Fags and Dykes

3.5-
And They Created a Mother and a Son
They Created a Female then a Male
They Created Elohim’s Image
The Image of Elohim Created the One

FROM TIME, TIMES, HALF A TIME
------------------------------------------
The Present
------------------------------------------
TO TETRAGAMATRON

4.0+
And Re-created the One the Image of Elohim
As Elohim and His Spirit He Re-created Them
Negative and Positive Re-Created Them
Were Re-Created All YH- WH+

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Can someone point to where being gay is wrong in the bible, or where the state recognizing a gay marriage is wrong in the bible?. To be quite honest is any couple gay or straight really married in the bible sense if they did not get married by a church?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Prostitution is an honorable profession in Russia. They have TV reality shows on how to get a millionaire to be your sugar daddy. Much, much more degradation in Russia.

Prostitution is honorable in America too.

Just look at the congress

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Do we really need to bring up how the founding fathers of the US were almost exclusively ANTI-CHRISTIAN/ANTI-RELIGION? Seriously?

YOU ARE SO WRONG. They were ANTI-KING AND ANTI-CATHOLICISM!!!! Catholicism was dirty and one and the same with the power of the King, they DESPISED IT.

This is why they wanted the separation of Church and State DUH!

They wanted THE RITE to worship GOD aka Christianity how they see fit, not to be led by a Tyrant under the name of the POPE and Catholicism as was the case in Europe, where the founding fathers had just left!!

Learn your facts before you sit here and spout what you think was the truth back then.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahler

Genesis 1:27King James Version (KJV) 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

www.biblegateway.com...

Fixed for you!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Can someone point to where being gay is wrong in the bible, or where the state recognizing a gay marriage is wrong in the bible?. To be quite honest is any couple gay or straight really married in the bible sense if they did not get married by a church?

The bible does teach that homosexuality is a sin, as with many other things, lying, looking at a friends wife lustfully, there are plenty.

As for the state, the NT part of the bible does not say that its wrong for the state to make laws, it says Christians are not to sin.

As for marriage, it is a command for christians to marry if they want a sexual relationship, there is no command that they have to be married in a church.
Marriage is a state/legal issue, its spiritual to the christian, its legality to the state

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The bible does teach that homosexuality is a sin, as with many other things, lying, looking at a friends wife lustfully, there are plenty.

One thing to remember back in that time it was pretty much a norm for heterosexual men to have sex with each other. Whether it was with boys or the spoils of war it was a part of many cultures. The bible pretty much says any sex outside of marriage is a sin, so I do not think the bible addresses two gays in love with each other, or even a person who just happens to be gay. You talk about sexual acts and I'm asking if being gay is a sin in the bible?

As for the state, the NT part of the bible does not say that its wrong for the state to make laws, it says Christians are not to sin.
Marriage is a state/legal issue, its spiritual to the christian, its legality to the state

I guess my question is if you got married by the justice of the peace is that marriage within the eyes of the church?

edit on 20-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join