It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin defends Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Willtell

So maybe they may have swung too far to secularity, but people are rightly afraid that if they go back into religion just because of pride of heritage they may go back into the bad religion they had before the secular revolutions and we'll have a Western ISIS.

I disagree, religion is slowly dying in the west and those who are religious are like a lite version in practice compared to many other religions. We have our nuts, but religion is growing in other parts of the world that is on a level of extremism that only insane people in the West would go. This could change, but in the west we have many more priorities then just waking up and spending your whole day doing religious things with not much else to do.

I’m not saying the West is getting more religious, I Agree that the West is abandoning religion on the most part.

I’m saying IF they went back into religion—if based on sectarian culture not universal love—it might end up as bad as ISIS

To me any religion when not based on love and brotherhood, but sectarian culture, is bad all the time and ends up like the medieval Catholics, the racist Protestants during the Native American genocide and slavery, or the modern day ISIS nuts

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Totally agree with you Markosity. Putin is the defender of Christians as it Russia always has been in the Middle East. Only by keeping Assad in power will there be a large Christian minority in Syria, otherwise it will go the way of Iraq after governence there collapsed and be pretty much wiped out. Russia protects Armenia too with military bases, Muslims would have wiped that nation clean of Christians by now without Russia saving them from their holocaust in the first world war carried out by Muslims.

I am British and admire Putin for going with the seculars in Syria.

The way my government along with the USA and others has sought to destabilise the Middle East is beyond forgiveness. The funding of NGOs, the training of terrorists in the region. The arming of murdering terrorists. The dripping at the muzzle to bomb anything that is secular. Because of these actions my government is responsible (along with others) for the extermination and flight of Christians from the very heartland of Christianity where the minorities still spoke the language of our Lord.

Totally sick AND NOT IN MY NAME

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The way my government along with the USA and others has sought to destabilise the Middle East is beyond forgiveness.

And yet the ME has been destabilized for longer than the US has been a country, but hey let's just blame them for it since it's easier than looking at the problem itself.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Good to see someone has the cojones to fight against 'political correctness'.

Departure from God's word , is a slippery downward slope , and pandering

to angry minorities will end in disaster.

ie.... A transgender 6yo is about as far removed from morality as you can get .

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm not Religious, at all. But, perhaps the USofA should be renamed to something everyone can grasp, and no one can misinterpret, such as .. the meaning of it's culture. The United States of Sodomicized Gomorrahanic Club Republic INC. would be a fine name, a name everyone can stand behind, and agree since it's culture is so popular and desired.. Just Saying..

edit on 12/19/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

The way my government along with the USA and others has sought to destabilise the Middle East is beyond forgiveness.

And yet the ME has been destabilized for longer than the US has been a country, but hey let's just blame them for it since it's easier than looking at the problem itself.

I said I blame my (British) government too, maybe more than the US government. I don't really have a problem with my nation interfering in the Middle East to be honest. But they are backing the wrong side, we should be backing Assad in his battles to keep his state together because what comes afterwards as in Iraq is a state where Christians and other minorities will be hunted down like dogs. We are backing the wrong side.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The West has always been backing the wrong side.. It always will for it's love of Control and $$$

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Everyone knows that the CIA used secret time travel technology back engineered from the saucer recovered from Roswell to travel back in time to murder Ali.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Bear in mind that, like the Church of England, the Russian Orthodox Church is not answerable to an authority outside of Russia's political borders. The Patriarch is the top dog. There is no College of Cardinals or Pope to rein him in.

Both the Church of England and the Russian Orthodox Church are answerable to God.

The CofE has a hand in shaping policy in Britain. The 2nd House being the House of Lords and Bishops. They do not make laws. They can however, scupper laws proposed in the Commons. Such scupperance usually stems from moral objection.

The current fascist government is seeking to change this and make it so all legislation put forward by government passes into Law without hinderence. The government does not realise, it too is answerable to God.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Of course he defends it. Russia is an Orthodox Christian nation incase you weren't aware of that. I guess you know now if you didn't before.
edit on 19-12-2015 by BLee8127 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Once again, Mr Putin is on point and showing his true leadership skills by pointing out the absolute and uncomfortable truth.

And it was a Nzai who famously said 'My god is stronger than your God' to a Catholic priest.

Nazism did not believe in the God of Christianity.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

It would take literally seconds to discover all the quotes from the founding fathers who directly state how perverse religion is to society. The fact that people still claim America was build on Christian foundations is mind boggling.

Just because someone points out flaws in someone's position, doesn't mean their trying to boost their own image.

And the reply by those who are sucked in to this arrogance
"We love Putin or we love atheism"

My position and even Putins if you listen carefully is not that Atheism or other beliefs / lifestyles should be quashed.

Interesting and completely overlooked fact about Russia;

The Soviet Union was firmly Atheist. All religious symbols were removed from anything to do with the state. The Kremlin itself had anything religious bricked over or it's use changed. In other words it was almost impossible to be a Christian under communist rule. The same went for any other communist nation on earth. As a child I grew up hearing first hand stories from people who had fled countries like Poland and Vietnam and Russia who told of how dangerous it was to be Christian.

So, after the fall of communism why did Russia suddenly have a Christian revival I ask you? They could have remained Atheist or gone Islamic, but they chose to return to their roots.

All of the nations of the British commonwealth were conquered for 'God and King / Queen' The very first settlers always included Christian missionaries to convert the natives.

To say that Christianity was not present at the founding of our nations is not true at all. Maybe further down the line when things like the US constitution was being written up it was not considered as important, but at the very outset in every colony of the British, the Spanish, the Portugese, the French etc etc the christian mission went hand and hand with conquering new lands.

Those who argue that the Old world nations were founded on paganism on the other hand are technically correct. However since the arrival of Christianity (between 1 - 2,000 years in most European nations) it has been the dominant faith and the guiding force in morality. My viewpoint here is not that paganism etc should be quashed, but countries like France for instance who were massively Catholic have abandoned their roots and well, I don't think I need to point out the troubles it is now experiencing.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Many of the Nazis are more into the Norse religion. For example the Ride of the Valkyries a song about the Norse religion is one of Hitler's favorite.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Let me remind you that the Russian has 662 overseas bases in 38 foreign countries. They are responsible for Millions of deaths since 9/11. Today there are more than 7,000 Russian drones, some 200 of which are armed and which have killed thousands of people overseas. They're still at war since 18th century, etc.....

Well done, Mr Putin, a good example of peaceful religion called Christianity, Very good. well done.

Oh, wait, what the? never-mind ......
edit on 19-12-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yeah Putin defends Christian ideals but goes against those ideals, in regards anti-gay law...totally forgetting about the part where...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I’m saying IF they went back into religion—if based on sectarian culture not universal love—it might end up as bad as ISIS

This can be true since humans will always be human, but at hand right now is only Muslim extremist on the map. I do not see it in America unless life here really chance as to what it is today. We are too much about being a consumer and interested in what the Kardashians do than to go all Medieval. Most who come extreme do not have much else in their lives but their extremism.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Maybe his point is that we make the majority change the rules for the minority because they find reasons to complain.
People who think that there is a way for everyone to get what they want are in a PC twilight zone, because there is no way that can ever happen.
And when the minority becomes the majority, will they be willing to change the rules again like they expected for themselves?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

I can say the same thing about the US military machine.

Your point is?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

Putin and Russia are far from perfect. But he makes a very good point.

Russia is not bowing to ridiculous pressure to do things like take in refugees, who have radical Islamists among them just dying to come and take advantage of our weak secular overly PC system.

It's not illegal to be gay in Russia. In fact if you go to YOUTUBE and watch the RT doco channel, you'll find some docos about transgernderism in Russia on there.

What people in the West don't understand is the events that lead to the passing of the so called antigay law.

Pussy Riot, a feminist band went and did some extremely offensive things in a church. It got media attention and, well Russians are very Christian nowadays and wanted something done to ensure it never happened again.

It's a classic case of a few fools ruining things for everyone and it goes back to my OP point of minorities working with and respecting the majority.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Some people just want to hate of Russia for the sake of hating on Russia because the country isn't considered to be PC.

Though I can't remember the last time Russia invaded a country on our borders and destabilized an entire region giving rise to Sharia Law and birthing the most radical hate group in modern history.

In fact Russia seems to be cleaning up America's mess when it comes to ISIS, considering they have done more damage to the group in a month then NATO has done in almost 2 years.
edit on 20-12-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join