It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin defends Christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Once again, Mr Putin is on point and showing his true leadership skills by pointing out the absolute and uncomfortable truth.

I completely agree with him - the reason the west has gotten to this not very good place is because the rights (and beliefs) of the majority have been trampled over to pander to minorities.

He rightly points out that minorities have the right to exist, but must work with and have mutual respect for the majority. He makes mention of homosexuality and while I advocate we have the right to exist and live a safe and peaceful life, I want the heterosexual and christian community to remain strong and proud, because we come from within your ranks.

If we are to retain our cultural identity and our way of life we need a return to sensible morality that puts family and our western heritage first.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
There are so many points that are incorrect within that video (by incorrect, I mean factually, not through opinion) that I don't even know where to start.

The fact that you agree with him 'completely', is deeply disturbing.

For those who don't want to watch the video, he basically states that the US is built upon christian values, and that allowing things -such as Homosexual Marriage, and equality- makes the nations that hold this mentality weak. He basically says "acknowledge the minority, but ignore their words and follow what [I] believe Christianity states".

The whole speech is a writhing cesspool of ignorance and hate towards anything that isn't his personal view about his personal religion.

Do we really need to bring up the validity of gay marriage again? Seriously?

Do we really need to bring up how the founding fathers of the US were almost exclusively ANTI-CHRISTIAN/ANTI-RELIGION? Seriously?

Do we really need to bring up the progress that secular-based studies give to humanity, while religion simply divides it? Seriously????

Do we really need to bring up how morality does not stem from religion? Seriously??!?!?!?!?

Sorry, but all the points he made were absolutely ridiculous.
edit on 19/12/15 by Ghost147 because: typo

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I want Putin as the President of the World, this Mountain of Man is more Human than any other leader in existence and has more principle and morality than all of the rest combined.

Putin for President of the Earth !

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

If you want that, you should move to Russia. It would amount to the same thing for you.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
I want Putin as the President of the World, this Mountain of Man is more Human than any other leader in existence and has more principle and morality than all of the rest combined.

Be careful of what you wish for

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

You don't get it do you?

You can crap on about where morals come from all you want, but the truth is that the only thing that stands between you, me and radical Islam is a faith to oppose it.

We come from Christianity in the west, our societies are based upon it. It's nothing to be ashamed of it belittled, it's where we came from.

Secularism is doing a TERRIBLE job of stopping the creep of Islam. So, it's up to old skool values to come to the fore now.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Vladimir Putin is not the first Russian leader to discover the secret of effectively propagandizing the West. His Soviet predecessors, particularly Lenin and Stalin, managed to gull the intelligentsia of Europe and most of the rest of the world into believing that the People’s Revolution was going forward successfully in the USSR with the support of a happy, liberated populace. Only America — both its leaders and its intellectuals — refused to be hoodwinked.

But Putin, it seems, has found the soft underbelly of America and is tickling it to good effect. Angry conservative whites in the United States now have a new he-man hero. What a pity they can’t vote him President.

You have to hand it to the little guy. Or his PR advisors.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

qz.com...

www.pewforum.org...

"◾Atheists, agnostics and other people who do not affiliate with any religion – though increasing in countries such as the United States and France – will make up a declining share of the world’s total population."

Pew Centre Research suggests that by 2050 Islam will be on equal par with Christianity.

I think Putin is longing for some moral past that never really existed. Mr Putin conveniently forgets that Russia imposed the Soviet Union on the world, a Godless, void of personal empowerment nightmare. Stalin was perhaps a much bigger brute than Hitler even. Let us not forget that before this it was the Tsar. Now we know that people did not like the Tsar very much because they were starving and he was living it up, "Let them eat cake" style. The Russian "brutes" slaughtered all the royal family. Shall we just slot in some of the unfortunate things that have happened to Mr Putin's enemies?

I do not need to even mention the horror that Christian states have inflicted on the world.

So, we should forget all this and chain women up again because they are evil Eve's descendant and must be punished. The white Christian must again become king of the world and impose their beliefs on everybody even in the state and society at large. That is Fascism to me. I find something fascist in all religion.

I don't give anyone permission to exercise their beliefs over me. I have my own. I don't impose them on others. Go away Putin you fascist bigot control freak.

No thanks, I think Russian society is far much more of a brute than European society. The law system, the social control in Russia is still much too heavy as Putin is proving with this trash of a speech. He is imposing his own religious beliefs upon the state and the people. Yes, I know only too well that he would have us punishing homosexuals and putting them in prison, that women would be again 2nd class citizens who have to be "obedient to men" like they are a spare rib, lol.

Christians better start having more babies if you want to keep up with Islam. Have a competition who can have the most babies and try and out do each other.
Ok, enough of Putin's delusions of grandeur psychotic ramblings.

edit on 19-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hey comrade markosity,Why don't you move to mother Russia?Can't believe what I just read..
edit on 19-12-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Christians better start having more babies if you want to keep up with Islam. Have a competition who can have the most babies and try and out do each other.
There are some circles of Christianity that think you can be born a Christian but in fact that is not what the bible teaches .(its a religious dogma) ....The fact that it was Jews and Pagan people that left their religious belief system and chose to follow Christ makes the birth numbers moot . Becoming a Christian is a independent choice and babies don't make those kind of choices .

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Putin uses the Russian Orthodox Church as a branch of his propaganda. They of course can not criticize him or lose his support and likely see its leadership replaced. The invasion and violence in Ukraine went against everything the Church taught but, it had to shut up its dissenters and show support. Putin is hardly the first leader to use religion as a tool.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
We come from Christianity in the west, our societies are based upon it. It's nothing to be ashamed of it belittled, it's where we came from.

No, we don't. We come from Paganism in the West

Christianity stems from the Middle East, like Judaism and Islam and was introduced to the West by the Roman empire

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Awesome mr Putin

His words divide an already divided US

Interesting reading ghosts comments, two opposites virtually taking pot shots at each other.
Causing a divide within the US, hate monger at its finest
Putin to the world, "we are better than you"
Ghost to ats " no, we are better than you"
And the reply by those who are sucked in to this arrogance
"We love Putin or we love atheism"

Ghosts words are the perfect response that Putin wants, division, it's easy to play
Wise up ghost, it's not all about your beliefs
Try and accept others have a different opinion
Please don't be offended but Putin has alienated you to get that exact response

This is a set up

And I strongly disagree with Putin, he is a politician working an agenda
edit on 19-12-2015 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
a reply to: Astyanax

Applause to both of you. I can only add that Putin is about as Christian as I am.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Well according to science, humanity came out of the middle east

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Several hundred thousand years before the advent of Abrahamic Religions, yes... What's your point?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Once again, Mr Putin is on point and showing his true leadership skills by pointing out the absolute and uncomfortable truth.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Ghost to ats " no, we are better than you"

I never said I was better than anyone else, or my position more superior. I merely pointed out that his information is based off of drawn out fallacies that have been disproved over and over again, and in some cases, blazingly obvious.

It would take literally seconds to discover all the quotes from the founding fathers who directly state how perverse religion is to society. The fact that people still claim America was build on Christian foundations is mind boggling.

Just because someone points out flaws in someone's position, doesn't mean their trying to boost their own image.

originally posted by: Raggedyman
And the reply by those who are sucked in to this arrogance
"We love Putin or we love atheism"

It has nothing to do with atheism. He spouted inaccurate information, and that inaccurate information deserves to be shown to be inaccurate.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Putin defends Christianity

And according to the New Testament he isn't...

The biblical teachings of Jesus include:[3]

Love of God: "You shall love the Lord your God with all of your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might." (an excerpt from the Shema Deut.6:5), -Matthew 22:37

Fidelity in marriage: "Whom God has joined together let no man put asunder", derived from -Matthew 19:6

Renunciation of worldly goods: "Gather not your riches up upon this earth, for there your heart will be also", (Matthew 6:21)

Renunciation of violence: "If a man strikes you on one cheek, turn the other cheek", (Luke 6:29)

Forgiveness of sins: "Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us", (Matthew 6:12)

Unconditional love: "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you". (Luke 6:27-28)

en.wikipedia.org...

Or does he have is own version of Christianity he is defending?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Um.... according to science, humanity came out of Africa...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join