It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does each of us have a ''twin soul''?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
First let me say that it may have taken some time in my life but I do understand that the age of a person has no relevance to the knowledge and wisdom
they may possess.

Of course, that is what (egotesticle) children say!
Every teenager is a know-it-all 'Wise' person, just ask them!
You are incorrect that wisdom is not age independent, but as a youth, egoically, you must be.
And you obviously do not know what knowledge is;
Knowledge = experience, and one's 'experience/knowledge most certainly IS age dependent!
Why do you think that life is said to begin at 40?
Wait, you couldn't possible 'know' that, yet.
You will, as you gain experience... over time.

Everyone understands or knows something others do not.

Irrelevant.
All Perspectives are unique, every moment of Universal existence.
That does not mean everyone is 'wise'.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I will be brief

As to a traumtic bond yes, I have experienced that with the girlfriend when she died. It was as hard as had we been friends. This was actually a surprise to me but no comparison. Did the brake up cause trauma, yes. However there is no comparison.

As to your last paragraph you are so wrong I am not even going to take the time to explain. I have probably spent more time examining my life and observing myself and reactions and the whys than you have been alive.

And for someone who started with so much promise of insight you just fell off the cliff with that paragraph...especially the attitude with which you approached the subject. And yes, with that you went to far.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

You, whoever you are. I am a parent, grandparent and great grandparent. And yes, as you get older you do learn you can learn from the youngest of us.

Talk about egotistical...and I would add arrogant. You might want to try humbling yourself, it gives you many more opportunities for growth.

edit on 23-12-2015 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
To the OP YES!! I get it!! After 21 years of marriage I met my twin! It is total heart, spirit, mind, body connection!! You have very similar thoughts if not the exact thoughts at the same time....I will tell you I met my SO online and the first time we chatted we were typing the exact same thing seconds apart! They were all very deep random thoughts.....Not finishing each others sentences but it was if he was ME thinking exactly as I did!

In the beginning we talked 5 or 6 hours a day....within a week....just the hi or hello or hey (nothing unusual) would lend itself to me feeling what he was...I could feel either happiness, anger, frustration, joy, peace, or humor etc.....and peg his feelings every time!! This became a huge point of laughter for us....

our likes and dislikes were the same from music to movies and everything in between.

As far as intellect, we both have a passion for and work in a similar field, we solve problems the same way....We share the same ideology and world view, from religion to politics...We grew up in the same kind of family with exactly the same morals and values....

Emotionally, we think of love in the same way....I tend to love unconditionally and so does he. You cannot imagine what it feels like to have some one mirror your mind and heart. The bond and connection is so deep and transcends the earthly plane...He is over 6,000 miles away and yet I know when something has gone terribly wrong in his world or when something is making him smile! I feel a vibration of my energy...
Recently when something tragic happened in the Mid East...I awoke in a cold sweat shaking and crying...suddenly I was filled with peace and fell back asleep..The next day I was nauseous and had a pretty bad headache..and was very very sad....I would later learn that 3 of his best friends had been killed and he was a near miss!!

I'm really trying to impress upon you what it feels like to meet your other half!

As in he is the man I would be if i was male and i am the woman he would be if he was female....

and then the icing on the cake.....we both had an NDE and shared something very bizarre but exactly the same as to what happened during the experience

We have been together for 2 years and i cannot imagine my life without him...

As he told me...some things in the universe are not meant to be understood...they just are..

edit on 12/24/2015 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: namelesss

You, whoever you are. I am a parent, grandparent and great grandparent. And yes, as you get older you do learn you can learn from the youngest of us.

Like one can 'learn' biology from a bird.
You don't find the education in his chirping, but in your own mind!
The 'chirping' of children is the same thing.

Talk about egotistical...and I would add arrogant. You might want to try humbling yourself, it gives you many more opportunities for growth.

"Then there's no fool like an old fool!"
"We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are!"
Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The idea of soulmates seems immature to me, like a 12 year old's poetry that has yet to live in the real world.

We all want our fairy tales.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

I am not the OP but would just like to affirm what you said. It does all seem 'pie in the sky' if you have never been there. Once you have, you never forget.

Best wishes to you

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: optimisitcplanet

I think it's a beautiful Platonic myth, but no more than that.
For what it's worth, I've tried all my life to develop in me the qualities that I found attractive in others.
I think it worked - I hardly find anyone attractive anymore. :-)

EDIT: By the way, what do you make of the fact that so many people - possibly the great majority - never meet their "twin soul/flame"?

edit on 24-12-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sid1314

I agree with the gist of what you're saying - very much so - I just wish you didn't use terms as "just", "do not really exist" and so on.
If something can be perceived, it exists. It doesn't matter whether it exists autonomously or not - it exists. (And is no lesser than the whole from which it may derive.)

edit on 24-12-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Every particle in nature has an anti-partice; equal, but opposite. Wouldn't the human be the same? This is how I interpret the story of Adam and Eve. Originally they were one, but it was their split that would lead to the fall. I would assume our soul has its anti-particle (twin flame) out there somewhere. Pursue truth, and biomagnetic forces (destiny) will do the rest:

Sacred Embrace

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
is this like a soul mate? i have never subscribed to an idea of having a soul mate because we are all connected to one another. and with so many people on the planet there is not only one person that we are meant to be in a relationship with for the rest of our lives. there are infinite possibilities

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I read threads like this and it just reinforces the fact I'm an emotional pygmy.

I'll hold on to the notion that I'm a young soul and therefore have a reason to be like this

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Thank you i needed to read exacly how this was written ive been searching for this simple awser for too many yrs and i finally understood what im supposed to do
im french if wrongly said lol

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenniferlynn

Hi Jennifer, welcome to ATS!

Thank you for signing up and on to tell me this, lol, I love you!

ps: After a certain amount of comments (you've made one so far) you can private message people and write new topics. Right now you can make an intro thread tho, too. No more than 25 comments and then you're set to go, I think. Somewhere around there. Anyway, felt like I should let you know that.
edit on 1-1-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I was seeing a girl for a while who turned out to be obsessed with finding her twin flame. She went to great lengths to ensnare me in her warped hunt, took some epic willpower to resist her at the grand finale but id figured her out by then. I'd love to share more on that but TnC..

Anyway that's beside the point. I believe there may be souls we have lived with before and have agreed to meet again in this life, for various purposes, however brief our meetings may be. Welcome to the world of connections. Synchronistic meetings with people you inexplicably gel with. They pop up out of no where and seem to read your mind. I can think of over 10 people who fit every word of your descriptions for me. Do I have ten twin flames? Doubt it.

Oh but its different right? Your one is special!! Possibly.. Just don't let your ego fall for an over active heart chakra, can cause chaos when the feeling fades.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

No, your twin flame is different than your soul mate....Your twin is the other half of YOU but opposite sex....for example i am a woman and my twin is the male i would be if i were a man.....thoughts, feelings, ideals, morals, values, belief system, heart, intellect, interest from likes and dislikes are all exactly the same.....and major life experiences are the same....

It is as if you found yourself and quite honestly, a very strange but wonderful experience.....you will feel like this is a person you can totally trust and find yourself opening up very quickly....Again, different than your soul mate....sometimes we can meet our soul mate and not have the desire to be romantically involved....With your twin you will feel like that you MUST and are supposed to be with this person....

Pax

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If my twin flame is indeed a female, she would probably be pissed off at me.
Just sayin, and just trying to add some reality to a seemingly very unrealistic viewpoint of what happens after death.

I would rather stick to a single soul. It is probably a lot easier to manage.

One thing for sure, everyone will get to test the theory, eventually.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I don't subscribe to the idea of twins I guess, but, there can be very powerful, soul connections I would say, the experiences and phenomena, although individual, are something quite a few, have experienced, whether they believe in this stuff or not

but the twin stuff, comes over as belief, and label assignment,

top topics

<< 1   >>

join