It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: USA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: NateTheAnimator
I can't stand it anymore. What I want most? To have 2 or 3 children in seven and a half years time when I am 26 and a wife whom I adore. But to force those I love to live in such a world? I can not. Give me all the nuclear devices. I will cleanse our world. Or let me die in revolution. Truly, I would.

Ya know, if you personally want to die there are options for that without taking those of us who don't want to with you.
Feel better.

If you want to fight, go to Syria and pick a side. I hear there are plenty to choose from. Might even have your death-wish filled while you are there.

Seriously, you sound young and impressionable. Things will eventually get better. Sit tight and ride it out like the rest of us, and consider stop reading all the garbage about it.
edit on 12/19/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Theyre not suicidal! Begone with the scum of the Earth! Sickening.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
I feel you understand nothing of my post. Because I do not wish for death.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
None should fear the reaper. There is nothing to fear. Annihilation or revolution!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Um, I'll post a song for you, ok? It's from I believe the 50s and the singer is rather comedic. It is a great response to yours, essentially, there will be no grief when we all go.

edit on 19-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

So Agent Smith was right? We're a virus on the planet?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
Not sure who said it, but I am not impressionable. All my views are unique among all those around me and have developed over time upon seeing the state of the world. If only I knew those with equal thoughts. I'll remember not to share my opinion because the destruction of humanity apparently equals suicidal thoughts....They do not. I'm very happy, and have been for some good time now.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

I'm afraid it's not that simple. The POWERS will not destroy themselves with us. Eternity is our only prospect for happiness. My personal recommendation... "Believe that Jesus died for our sins, and you will have everlasting life." Don't fear the reaper.

So was the purpose of this thread simply a chance to further proselytize your fairy-tales?
Shouldn't this be in the Religulous Forum.

K~

Am I proselytizing by simply sharing my opinion? Or is it simply because my opinion involves Christ?

Notice how I kept it separate from my op. My op was pointing out the fact that America is in a very bad possition.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000
I assume that's a reference to a movie? Personally that is my opinion. As a collective we are horrible to this planet, and the masses help their governments imprison them and the rest, and permit for warfare across the globe after having been manipulated with fear and anger/hatred.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The fear to challenge those who keep us in fear is the worst fear of all.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Do not wish nuclear war on the rest of us! What good would come of it? If you want out then take that route. Do not wish death on my child or anyone else you selfish ******

Selfish how? Those who continue to deny their climate footprint and it's impact on the environment so they can drive their gas guzzler at the cost of the planet are selfish..Those who instigate wars over fossil fuels or other resources are selfish. The human species is going out one way or the other, whether or not your child is around to see it is debatable...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

what do ants do whenever there is a thunderstorm?? Do they just roll over and be all like "aww man the selfish world, lets all opt out right now!" no they do # like this

working together to find solutions to adapt to a problem they have no control over. Now I am all for respect of the Earth and making sure garbage goes to the right place and chemical waste is correctly handled. But if I have to sacrifice some endangered turtle to get a pipeline going, then so be it. Humans first, then animals.

Its no as if global floods will end humanity anyways. It did not end us before, and that flood was recorded throughout times across every border and continent and language. We will just end up like the humans of Gargantia Anime

Either way after all that, humans were still thriving on planet Earth, just on boats after having to adapt to a new world.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

So when exactly is everyone going to start working together to solve our problems? The nation is divided on a fundamental level, and the politicians are using that division to push their globalist agenda.

Ants are controlled by the queen. They are not divided.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What do you mean? They just reached an agreement on climate change in Paris, and the UN also passed a resolution to the Syrian world war precursor. So what are you whining on about?? Gun control wont happen so dont bother falling back on that. Illicit drug overdoses and tobacco related deaths kill way more than American guns could ever dream of.

If you want world peace keep dreaming. All I see is my empire continuing to bring in the resources our spoiled citizenry demand for their pretty electronic toys and other gadgets, and I am content with that.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

So when exactly is everyone going to start working together to solve our problems? The nation is divided on a fundamental level, and the politicians are using that division to push their globalist agenda.

Ants are controlled by the queen. They are not divided.

This nation has always been divided on fundamental issues. This is nothing new nor is it anywhere near at its worst.

I am confounded by the lack of knowledge of history. People who think the world is bad now seem to have forgotten the rest of human history. War is nowhere near as common as it once was. Just in the last hundred years we had Two World Wars, and dozen upon dozens of Colonial Wars and Cold War conflicts. Outside of Russia in Ukraine and Georgia can anybody even remember the last time a nation invaded another nation and took its territory?

And their also is this naivete about Americas history and as if things like sedition laws, interment camps, banning of guns in towns, the House's UnAmerican activities committee, etc. never existed. Anybody who thinks things are bad now is completely clueless about history. I hate to tell you but, compared to most of our history you are living in a peaceful golden age.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Climate change is not a real issue. The agreement is an effort to implement a global tax system.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I understand how bad the past has been. I'm saying that its coming back when it doesn't have to. America has raised up a Caliphate in the Levant, and now our politicians are about to import them.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
I hope for nuclear war, for the elimination of our species. I see no hope in our behavior.
Or a conflict worth fighting for...last one was the Second World War.

It sucks your life is horrible and you want the world to be annihilated.
Too bad you can't see that life is worth fighting for.

I can tell you I'm financially stable, with a great career, happy family and living life the way I want. I used to think I was grim, brooding and so sngsty that I felt the way you did in my teens and twenties but then I grew up and took over my life.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Do not wish nuclear war on the rest of us! What good would come of it? If you want out then take that route. Do not wish death on my child or anyone else you selfish ******

Selfish how? Those who continue to deny their climate footprint and it's impact on the environment so they can drive their gas guzzler at the cost of the planet are selfish..Those who instigate wars over fossil fuels or other resources are selfish. The human species is going out one way or the other, whether or not your child is around to see it is debatable...

So all those billions of people that do not behave this way deserve to die too? Innocent children deserve to die? All because we are just now entering an age of awareness in regards to our environment?

dirka drrr people are causing damage to the environment so lets just nuke the whole thing and destroy it all. dirka dirka drr

You sound like you use to be the kid that flipped the monopoly bored when losing

it is selfish to desire the death of everyone when only a percentage are causing the whole problem. Especially while holding a moronic ideal that change can happen immediately. We are working toward fixing the world bc we are becoming aware of the issues as a whole. The age of information is bringing awareness to everyone. The masses are joining. We are still at the bickering stage atm but eventually a majority of us will find common ground and push back. sudden change will cause more harm than good.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

'cause they're spoiled, that's why.

Life throws a few road blocks up, they get all fussed. Instead of clearin' the road and movin' on, they despair.

They've forgotten, assuming they ever knew, that life isn't supposed to be all rainbows and roses. Life is challenges, and meeting those challenges head on. The glory isn't in the challenge, it's in meeting the challenge.

People need to grow up, and stop acting like little children who aren't getting their way.

Things suck? Then fix it, dammit. Supposedly that's what bein' an adult is all about.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join