It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Ancient Egypt's Influence on the Creation of the Kingdom of Israel and Monotheism.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Spider879

Man, I'm almost embarrassed to not know this. I was a real big fan of Greek mythology back when I was a kid. I used to easily recognize the obvious parallels between Greek and Roman gods, but I never stopped to consider where the Greek ones come from.

No need to man, I was introduced to Greek myths waay back in junior high I found the characters way cooler than anything Marvel or D.C had put out, this led me to other mythologies from other cultures.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Really? A significant portion of Marvel and DC characters are largely based on Greek and other ancient mythological figures (and not just the obvious ones like Thor). In fact, superheros are just modern day myths. They aren't religious in nature and the population largely doesn't believe them as true, though I bet there were quite a few people back in the ancient times that didn't believe those stories as gospel truth either.

The story of man's stories is a fun thing to trace through the ages. That's why I'm so ashamed that I didn't consider the influences on Greek myths. I can easily recognize all these other parallels. It's nothing to worry about though, mate. I'll get over it now that I know.

edit on 22-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Here is a funny thought.

In 1000 years will archaeologists be digging up DC and marvel comics and attributeing them as gods for us dark age barbarians

Can imagine them teaching in the class rooms of the future super power of Fuji how the ancient Empire of the USA worshipped the great Hulk and Iron man though some choose the DC gods of batman ect

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That's why I used to love watching Futurama. I always enjoyed how they'd depict ancient 20th/21st century society. Like the episode where the "historians" told people that the owner of a pizza shop used the pizza paddle to spank the delivery boy with. Hilarious!

Fry listening to "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix A-Lot and it being called "Classical Music" was another gem I adored.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Makes you wonder how many assumptions we have made about the past as wrong doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It certainly does. This is why carefully studying history is so important, but the travesty that is our history education in school makes so few want to explore it. So they grow up not thinking it important and pass legislation that presents a warped view of history, and the song and dance continues...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join