It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1. In the framework of the agreement, Israel will pay Turkey $20 million in compensation, which will be transferred to a special fund that will in turn provide grants to the families of the Turkish citizens who were killed or injured in the Israel Navy's takeover of the Mavi Marmara.
2. Turkey and Israel will renew and normalize their relations and return their respective ambassadors to Tel Aviv and Ankara.
3. The Turkish parliament will pass a law that will annul all legal claims against Israeli Defense Force officers and soldiers in connection with the flotilla incident and will prevent future claims from being filed.
4. Turkey will expel Saleh al-Aruri, a senior member of Hamas' military wing, who is based in Istanbul and is directing terrorist operatives in the West Bank from there. In addition, Hamas activities in Turkey in general will be limited.
5. Once the final agreement between the two countries has been signed, Turkey and Israel will explore cooperating in the natural gas field – with Turkey buying gas from Israel's offshore oil fields and the laying of a gas pipeline that would run via Turkey and through which Israel would export gas to Europe.
read more: www.haaretz.com...
originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Turkey is in a pickle with Russia, they import natural gas and oil from russia, my best guess is turkey is making sure they keep the heat on in the country.
originally posted by: Willtell
Right now Turkey’s reputation is so awful they’d make friends with the devil just to have a friend and in this deal with Israel it may be that is just what they've done—make friends with the devil!