It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and Turkey Reach Understandings Concerning Gaza Flotilla Raid (and more)...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Things are changing so fast in this world I can't keep up with even a fraction of it! Has anyone seen the news in this article? I came across it yesterday; I've never been to this website before. I receive a daily newsletter from Worldcrunch, which I really like, and this article was a part of their list of stories for the day.

I remember this incident when it occurred though it seems like eons ago but here is Turkey and Israel in the process of becoming allies again. There's not a lot more I can say except there may be ATS members who are very knowledgeable about this event as I'm not, but I wanted to post the story since I did not find any mention of it. Alliances are changing so fast it makes me wonder what the world will look like next month, forget about next year. Hahaha, next month is next year. Let me change that to forget about six months from now.

Link to Haaretz article

1. In the framework of the agreement, Israel will pay Turkey $20 million in compensation, which will be transferred to a special fund that will in turn provide grants to the families of the Turkish citizens who were killed or injured in the Israel Navy's takeover of the Mavi Marmara.
2. Turkey and Israel will renew and normalize their relations and return their respective ambassadors to Tel Aviv and Ankara.
3. The Turkish parliament will pass a law that will annul all legal claims against Israeli Defense Force officers and soldiers in connection with the flotilla incident and will prevent future claims from being filed.
4. Turkey will expel Saleh al-Aruri, a senior member of Hamas' military wing, who is based in Istanbul and is directing terrorist operatives in the West Bank from there. In addition, Hamas activities in Turkey in general will be limited.
5. Once the final agreement between the two countries has been signed, Turkey and Israel will explore cooperating in the natural gas field – with Turkey buying gas from Israel's offshore oil fields and the laying of a gas pipeline that would run via Turkey and through which Israel would export gas to Europe.
read more: www.haaretz.com...

edit on 18-12-2015 by tweetie because: correction

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Turkey is in a pickle with Russia, they import natural gas and oil from russia, my best guess is turkey is making sure they keep the heat on in the country.
edit on 18-12-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Turkey is in a pickle with Russia, they import natural gas and oil from russia, my best guess is turkey is making sure they keep the heat on in the country.

I certainly agree with you. I've been watching the whole Russia, Turkey, Syria, U.S., NATO, etc., etc., story as closely as I can because it's so important. I had no idea Turkey and Israel were so close to coming to this many agreements and it surprised me. It is prudent of Turkey to seek out a new supplier of gas for its people before it's too late and more sanctions from Russia kick in.

The landscape has changed again.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
logical, west still needs their good boy turkey, especially now that are totally #$%#$% with russians. In fact Israel tries to balance the damage turkish got from Russia.
edit on 21-12-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Right now Turkey’s reputation is so awful they’d make friends with the devil just to have a friend and in this deal with Israel it may be that is just what they've done—make friends with the devil!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Right now Turkey’s reputation is so awful they’d make friends with the devil just to have a friend and in this deal with Israel it may be that is just what they've done—make friends with the devil!

Turkey's reputation is bigger / better / tougher then ever .

Just signed a military base deal with one of the richest countries in the world ?
check .
Just gave Putin the million dollar wound ?
check.
Nato stand by , ready ?
Check .
Gaza travel for Erdogan ?
Soon .

Merkel just praised Erdogan & Turkey . Any sane government arround the world praises the 2.5 million refugees Turks took in .

Fact of the matter that Erdogan can go walk about in over 100 cities around Asia , Arabia , Africa , Caucasia and he would get a star treatment by ordinary people.

Israel and Turkey had mutual defence agreement for decades , this is business as usual .

new topics

top topics

join