It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want War? Russia is Ready for War

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

it is the Law that defends the Turkish position in this matter ; USA barely acknowledges the Law.

The US is in an awkward position here.

On one hand Turkey is an ally through NATO, but the Kurds are an ally fighting ISIS...and Turkey IMO should at least understand that part, but I also see the problems that Turkey has with the Kurds and the fact they have promoted terrorist acts against Turkey.

Now I think they (Turks, and the Kurds) need to come up with something that put's their problems on the back burner until the ISIS problem is dealt with...problem is could that be feasible at this point in time?

I guess Turkey has the right to ask...but in the end will it help with the big picture right now...getting rid of ISIS, probably not but one can only hope.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

WHO could authorize code release?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Are you sure?

I thought the World Health Organisation had nothing to do with firing nuclear missiles...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Why would you ask a question in response to a question yet to be answered?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

WHO could authorize code release?

The short answer is: I don't know.

I guess in case of nuclear strike on Moscow and broken chain of command, the local commanders could be authorized to open the envelops. As we can see on movies, the orders of a submarine mission have been opened only after the sub is in the sea.

Moreover, Perimeter system exists and is upgraded, said generals in media. You can google it.

edit on 7-2-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

it is the Law that defends the Turkish position in this matter ; USA barely acknowledges the Law.

The US is in an awkward position here.

On one hand Turkey is an ally through NATO, but the Kurds are an ally fighting ISIS...and Turkey IMO should at least understand that part, but I also see the problems that Turkey has with the Kurds and the fact they have promoted terrorist acts against Turkey.

Now I think they (Turks, and the Kurds) need to come up with something that put's their problems on the back burner until the ISIS problem is dealt with...problem is could that be feasible at this point in time?

I guess Turkey has the right to ask...but in the end will it help with the big picture right now...getting rid of ISIS, probably not but one can only hope.

US is indeed in an awkard position .

Which US we should ask but that is another subject for a different thread .

As far as Kurds are concerned ; Turks and Kurds have been allies in the area for about 1000 years .

Subsequently , the ties between the Turk & Kurd are far closer than anyone can anticipate .

For example when US conducted a survey in Northern Iraq - Kurdistan region - the results were not surprising for Turks & Kurds but infuriating for US ; % 92 Kurds in Northen Iraq wanted to secede from Iraq and join with Turkey.

This result was unexpected because US was relying on secondhand information from Israel .

You see the area concerned [ Eastern Turkey ] fall within the borders of imaginery Greater Israel & equally imaginery Greater Armenia .

One can not really understand the situation in the region without taking into account of these two conflicting visions for soverignty of Turkey.

ISIS will be defeated this summer and a new borders will drawn ; my guess Iraq & Syria will cease to exist as nations .

Of course wishfull thinkers would like to advocate that the similar developments are also expected in Turkey proper i.e a civil war in Turkey too.

I beg to differ obviously.

As far as USA & Turkish friendship is concerned , I don't think that friendship is in danger yet.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Good you roll back 1000 years ago. But if we go back 1000 years, why not to go back even more. At different times, Armenia was a major power, Syria was (Assyria), Iraq Babylon was. Turkey was not there at all. Byzantium was the major power in East Mediterranean including today's Turkey, for thousands years as Eastern part of Roman empire and then as descendant of Rome. Greece is still there.

I do not think we could revert the history. But...Turkey overplays it. Also its friendship with Uncle Sam, that is changeable. Why didn't Turkey allow the US armored divisions to pass thru its territory to attack Saddam from the North?

However I think much bigger danger is ISIS/Daesh that could explode any weapon without return address. Including nuclear. Imagine what happens if Damascus prophecy is fulfilled not by Israel as all think of it, but by rogue terrorist group that will not answer before history because it will disappear.

I don't think we can avoid the use of nuclear weapons. We still can avoid the major all out nuclear war. But there will be one or more countries hit first. Let those who are on the frontline think twice, because it could be they who will be destroyed first. If the world goes back to its sense at that moment, all will end there. As after Hiroshima and Nagasaki - Japan surrendered, and a New World Order was established with parity between the superpowers.

I am not a prophet to say who will hit whom, or what sequence it will take. One can make any scenarios. Robert McNamara said of 20 something scenarios to lead to a world war. (check it on youtube). Sure USA and Russia will keep their resources for an all out war and won't make a first strike to each other.

"Vae victis" or "woe to the vanquished", said the Romans. Turkey pretends to be in Byzantium/Roman heritage for some 600 years during the Ottoman period, then let play with the honor of these nations it inherited by the chance of its historic fate. The chance of the sword is changeable in history, every historian could provide enough examples of that. Turkey managed to survive after the Ottoman glory, thanks to the friendship with the colonial West against Russia. That cannot be taken for granted. Not in the Nuclear era. I remember the Cuban crisis' movie "13 days" and the slogans of demonstrators in Washington DC "Let trade Cuba for Turkey". According to that very good film, Kennedys took notice and actually traded the Russian missiles in Cuba for the American missiles in Turkey.

Turkey does not behave according to international standards, and that is already inconvenient even for its staunchest allies in the Cold War. See Germany how it reacts to that. How it is possible Turkey to be defended at all cost? Will Europe sacrifice let say London to defend Ankara in a nuclear exchange? Will US? Let Turkey realize we are no more in the era of the Ottoman sword that shaped Europe up to Vienna and Lepanto. I had a much much higher view of the Turkish culture and traditions. The current fundamental leadership destroyed it all.
edit on 8-2-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I DO, POTUS is the only one who can do that.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Why would you ask a question in response to a question yet to be answered?

The humour is poor with this one.

Geez dude, it was a joke, related to your constant random capitalisations...

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
Good you roll back 1000 years ago. But if we go back 1000 years, why not to go back even more. At different times, Armenia was a major power, Syria was (Assyria), Iraq Babylon was. Turkey was not there at all. Byzantium was the major power in East Mediterranean including today's Turkey, for thousands years as Eastern part of Roman empire and then as descendant of Rome. Greece is still there.

All I said was Turk & Kurd are allies for last 1000 years . Nevertheless you feel like giving me a history lesson was nice , thank you .
Me thinks you idolise Western Culture a tad bit too much .

I do not think we could revert the history. But...Turkey overplays it. Also its friendship with Uncle Sam, that is changeable. Why didn't Turkey allow the US armored divisions to pass thru its territory to attack Saddam from the North?
Without mentioning the Turks , one can't write about world history , let's not fall into that " Turks are just savages " defence .
Friendship with anyone is always changeable indeed . There was a time the Yankee paid their taxes to Turks too .
Turkish Parliament voted on the issue of allowing USA troops and MP's said NO . I don't know how you do it where you live but here this is called Democracy in action , so parliament decided it was against the Turkish interests at the time .

However I think much bigger danger is ISIS/Daesh that could explode any weapon without return address. Including nuclear. Imagine what happens if Damascus prophecy is fulfilled not by Israel as all think of it, but by rogue terrorist group that will not answer before history because it will disappear.
There are no " Rogue " terrorists on earth ; these organisations are all on a payroll of one or more countries . DAESH is a creation of Zionist NeoCons from various countries but mainly US & UK & Israel .
You should ask these questions to those people who want to " Force the Hand of God " for Armegeddon .

I don't think we can avoid the use of nuclear weapons. We still can avoid the major all out nuclear war. But there will be one or more countries hit first. Let those who are on the frontline think twice, because it could be they who will be destroyed first. If the world goes back to its sense at that moment, all will end there. As after Hiroshima and Nagasaki - Japan surrendered, and a New World Order was established with parity between the superpowers.
A limited nuclear exchange is not to be ruled out in the battlefields of Syria . As for the new " New World Order " ; it is truely a sorry spectacle indeed , doomed for failure .
I am not a prophet to say who will hit whom, or what sequence it will take. One can make any scenarios. Robert McNamara said of 20 something scenarios to lead to a world war. (check it on youtube). Sure USA and Russia will keep their resources for an all out war and won't make a first strike to each other.
It will come out from Mesopotamia most likely .
"Vae victis" or "woe to the vanquished", said the Romans. Turkey pretends to be in Byzantium/Roman heritage for some 600 years during the Ottoman period, then let play with the honor of these nations it inherited by the chance of its historic fate. The chance of the sword is changeable in history, every historian could provide enough examples of that. Turkey managed to survive after the Ottoman glory, thanks to the friendship with the colonial West against Russia. That cannot be taken for granted. Not in the Nuclear era. I remember the Cuban crisis' movie "13 days" and the slogans of demonstrators in Washington DC "Let trade Cuba for Turkey". According to that very good film, Kennedys took notice and actually traded the Russian missiles in Cuba for the American missiles in Turkey.
Turks carry many different heritages , Byzantium & Roman being just being the most Western heritage . If you go East you can see Turks have Persian heritage and if you go South you can Turks have Arab Heritage .
I think USA will increasingly focus on the Americas and live Europe to it's own devices . Turks obviously think that they are strong enough to stand on their own feet ; something which they have also managed rather successfully in the past .
USA will not exchange Turks for Kurds or anyone else in the area . Most US Army Generals would tell you that there is no reason for USA & Turks to be enemies .

Turkey does not behave according to international standards, and that is already inconvenient even for its staunchest allies in the Cold War. See Germany how it reacts to that.
What standarts ? The ones that were put in place by Allies in the aftermath of ww2 ? What would you have Turks do to behave according to international standarts ?
How does Germany reacts to what ? Merkel is Ankara today and there is nothing but a praise coming out of her mouth .

How it is possible Turkey to be defended at all cost?
We can defend ourselves ; you don't have to lift a finger .
Will Europe sacrifice let say London to defend Ankara in a nuclear exchange?
Of course not
Will US?
Of course not
Let Turkey realize we are no more in the era of the Ottoman sword that shaped Europe up to Vienna and Lepanto.
Turks are getting ready to shape not only Europe but also Mesopotamia and Central Asia along with Africa . The question is " Will the Europeans and US realise that their time is UP and the dupliticious foreign policies will not serve their interest anymore " ?
As we speak ; Saudi King has declared that the Funds withdrawn from US & EU , about Trillion Dollars , is to be invested in Turkey , by Turkey .
Western people did it all for Turks ; if Western People didn't treat Arabs/Muslims as second class humans , the Saudi money would never have sought refugee at Turkish Arms .

I had a much much higher view of the Turkish culture and traditions. The current fundamental leadership destroyed it all.

I dare say that you only saw what you wanted to in the past but you were oblivous to the aspirations of Turks .
Furthermore of you truely understood the Islamic History then you would see what the current Leadership in Turkey is doing in Syria is not that different than the 16th century events which involved these Turkish guys ;

Selim I (Ottoman Turkish: سليم اوّل, Modern Turkish: I.Selim or Yavuz Sultan Selim), nicknamed Yavuz (traditionally translated as "grim," but closer to "stern" or "implacable" in meaning) (October 10, 1465/1466/1470 – September 22, 1520), was the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire from 1512 to 1520.[1] His reign is notable for the enormous expansion of the Empire, particularly his conquest between 1516 and 1517 of the entire Mamluk Sultanate of Egypt, which included all of Sham, Hejaz, Tihamah, and Egypt itself. He was also granted the title of "Khâdim ül Haramain ish Sharifain" (Servant of the Holy Cities of Mecca and Medina) by the Sharif of Mecca in 1517. Through conquering and unification of Muslim lands, Selim became the defender of the Holy Cities of Mecca and Medina which strengthened the Ottoman claim to caliphate in the Muslim world. Selim's expansion into the Middle East represented a sudden change in the expansion policy of the empire, which, before his reign, had mostly been within the Balkans (Southeast Europe) and Anatolia (Asia Minor).[2] On the eve of his death in 1520, the Ottoman Empire spanned almost 1 billion acres (about 4 million square kilometers), having tripled in size during Selim's reign.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yes I AM slow in many regards,my knuckles drag so low...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Obviously, I talked of the Russian codes, not of the American. I am sorry the link is not available, I cite by memory.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I respect the history and the intelligent views. If we were to discuss it more, we'd have less problems today.

Today we near the time of the end of history the way we know it thanks to the nuclear era. It is hard to imagine redrawing of post-WW2 world without either a predominant majority agreement in institution like the UN where every nuclear power has a right of veto, not only the USA, or the other possible way being another major war this time nuclear. The danger of reaching the end of the current civilizations that was set some 5000 years ago after the flood, is a very real perspective.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Russia and the US should have unified after the fall of the USSR. Technologically, economically, culturally, all of it.

This is so retarded. We could have been awesome. This sucks. The world would have followed. This is not better.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join