It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want War? Russia is Ready for War

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: DJW001

MrSpad taught you well.

Too bad that's not the truth, but since when did you guys care about the truth anyway

I hate to keep repeating this, but it never seems to sink in:

Turkey has 410,000 service men. Russia has 766,000. Russia's problem is that it has 22,000 kilometers of shared borders to defend, whereas Turkey only has 2,800. Not quite twice the troops to defend 10 times the potential battle front. If you were the Russian Ministry of Defense, would you pull troops off the Polish border to fight in Turkey? Russia has 3,400 aircraft compared to Turkey's 1,000. Setting aside the question of which side has better planes, the Russians have three times the aircraft to defend twenty two times the airspace. Again if you were the MoD, would you pull planes out of the Baltic in the hopes that NATO wasn't setting a trap for you?

Full stats here.

Should a state of war be declared, Turkey would close the Bosporus, cutting Crimea off from the Mediterranean. The Russian Black Sea Fleet is comprised of 45 ships and submarines. Turkey's fleet numbers 115, and they would be operating with full air cover, whereas Russia would not.

I would add at this point that operating at the limits of its range is one reason Germany lost the Battle of Britain. If Russia places an aircraft carrier in position to extend its air forces operational time, Turkey has submarines capable of sinking it. Russia cannot fight a conventional war with Turkey without making itself vulnerable to invasion from the Baltic, Poland, Central and Eastern Europe... and Siberia, where China has strong motivation to send in peacekeepers to protect ethnic Chinese, who are being threatened by Russian nationalists.

This is why Russia has to limit its military operations to fighting failing states like Georgia and Ukraine. In order for Russia to win a war against Turkey, it would have to occupy the Dardanelles, which, historically speaking, is extremely difficult. All Turkey has to do is sit tight and repel any attempted Russian invasion. It can do nothing and still win.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Thanks for info.

You forgot one thing. Russia has the highest amount of nuclear warhead in the world.

How many does Turkey have?

I think Russia wins.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Thanks for info.

You forgot one thing. Russia has the highest amount of nuclear warhead in the world.

I think Russia wins.

Dont forget to add nato, turks are nato members & together with nato nukes you got possibly thousands more nukes. And with this scenario, there are no winners. Nuclear war is very messy.
edit on 5-2-2016 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

a reply to: 23432

Damn, so that's what it is like when you are actually attacking your enemy, and not just saying you are...

Those Generals were killed while they were no where near ISIS / DAESH.

Despite the claims that Russia is taking care of business with Daesh / ISIS ; I don't buy the hype , Russians are in it to secure a military base in Syria .

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

That they admit to? None. That they actually have? No-one really knows, do they? Wouldn't it be embarrassing if they bought a few from Dr. Khan when they were on the market and Turkey dropped one on Crimea? Are you prepared to take that chance? (I'll bet the Kremlin isn't.)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: 2012newstart

Indeed Medvedev and Putin were merciful this time.

No, they acted out of weakness and fear. Turkey could defeat Russia without NATO's help; that's why Erdogan has been so aggressive.

You know and everyone knows Turkey could not defeat Russia, even if it uses the stored american nukes (that should be code-protected btw).

The point is, if the war remains conventional and NATO keeps itself out despite rhetoric, that Russia will use nearly all of its conventional potential to win that war. That makes Russia weak conventionally, and increases the likelihood of nuclear war. If someone at that moment decides to take advantage of weakened Russia, let say Japan.

Putin doesn't show weakness, he shows he is a puppet-master compared to many Western and Southern politicians. He has his shortcomings of a man, but he is not an absolute monarch as his critics want to paint him. In terms of military decisions, most likely they are taken by Shoigu and team of generals. Sure there are more than one views, and sure many of the views leaked also in the media show much stronger resolve than that of official Kremlin.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Nikola014

That they admit to? None. That they actually have? No-one really knows, do they? Wouldn't it be embarrassing if they bought a few from Dr. Khan when they were on the market and Turkey dropped one on Crimea? Are you prepared to take that chance? (I'll bet the Kremlin isn't.)

I bet Kremlin is. You drop a bomb on Crimea, East Ukraine, or Moscow, and you get thousandfold response.
Is it what the West wants to trigger by provoking Russia? It is clear by now the anti-ballistic missile system cannot keep USA safe (even less Europe that is not under the shield). But it can provoke Russia to make the first massive nuclear strike. Is that the purpose, Russia to be the bad guy in history? Only for the history? I reach that conclusion Russia is being provoked by the West, but I don't comprehend the motivation behind that. It goes out of normal human logic. The Western peoples don't have any interest of that in first place. I hope it doesn't happen.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I bet Kremlin is. You drop a bomb on Crimea, East Ukraine, or Moscow, and you get thousandfold response.

That's not the point. If you drop a bomb on Turkey, what happens to Crimea? Anyone who even considers the possibility of nuclear war, however "limited," is insane. Erdogan might be insane. Do you think Putin is insane?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I think Putin is more sane than many Western politicians, let alone Middle Eastern. Again, he is not the only person who takes decisions in Kremlin.

The latest Startfor report /scenario of sending ships (i.e. nuclear armed) in the Black Sea to stop the ...Russian aggression or you name it, may trigger just the opposite. Russian leading circle may finally decide after centuries that the time has arrived to liberate from Ottomans the straights Bosporus ... and to secure the Black Sea and Eastern Mediterranean, back to ancient times. I don't say they will do it tomorrow, but that is a logical conclusion -" you bring your ships inside the Back Sea that we consider our zone, we close the sea for you. We won't wait you to nuke us first". In fact, during Georgian war when US nuclear ships moved freely under the nose of Putin in Sochi, he was much calmer than I would be. He said, we will respond, not hysterically,m but there will be response. He said it in rare CNN interview from his residence in Sochi. Because theoretically one or ten tomahawks could've killed both him and Medvedev at that time and place. After a month he sent nuclear ships to the Caribbean. The generals wanted permanent base of strategic bombers in Cuba. However the bombers landed only in Venezuela briefly.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Of course he is not, unlucky for you.

The whole point of me mentioning the nuclear warheads, is to show you that Turkey may look superior in a couple of military aspects, but that's only because Russians don't invest that much into conventional army, dating back from the cold war.

In a state of war, Russia would mobilise huge number of people plus it would trigger the development of military which would then lead to Russia being ahead of every military aspect over Turkey. The reason why is simple. Because Russia can do it because they have that possibility.

If you drop bombs on Turkey, it's goodbye to that country. Don't fool yourself thinking they could somehow fight back. In a one vs one scenario, Turkey stands no chance.
edit on 5-2-2016 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Russia sends its newest jet fighters in Latakia Syria ria.ru...
A pair of Su-35 will keep all day alert with 1 minute readiness to take off, having 400 km radius of action.

BTW if there is a first nuke going off, I don't expect it to be Turk, nor Russian. Perhaps it would be those crazy mujaheddin fighting al their life. Because they want their own Armageddon, they want both Russia and USa go fight them on the ground.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I can tell by your icon that you just can't wait for nuclear war, so there's no point trying to reason with you.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I can tell by your icon that you just can't wait for nuclear war, so there's no point trying to reason with you.

Oh thank you that you saw my icon! I changed it several times in the last week and may change it again. As of reason, why don't you try to answer my arguments. If you want to answer arguments of course.

You say Turkey will win against Russia without NATO, and I say that is wrong from any point of view. Even if Turkey had access to those 90 American gravity bombs in Incirlic. They may try though...Erdogan is insane. That being said, I wonder who has the interest of making it happen.

P.S. for the purpose of the argument, I just changed my icon with a solar storm. It is even worse than nuclear war.
BTW I like your icon on space topic.

Someone wants WW3 and that someone is not me. I analyse it. I don't take decisions. If Putin wanted to start WW3 he could have a dozen of good cases, the Georgian war being one of them. In fact, Putin and his team restrains to maximum the inevitable. Of no avail. Lavrov accused his counterparts they stopped listening to arguments, let alone responding to them in logical way. They just planted their missiles along the Russian border. No surprise, Putin and generals warned those missiles would be the first targets in case of a big war.
edit on 5-2-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You can relax, World War Three is not going to happen. Putin will make scary noises to keep Nicholae happy, Erdogan will rattle his saber and everyone will go back to muddling through. No nation on Earth can afford, in every sense of that word, an actual war. Russia and Turkey are just lucky Assad screwed his country up enough to allow them to play there.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Pope Francis is going to meet Russian patriarch in...CUBA on Feb 12. Second visit of Francis in less than a year!
The news deserves a new thread but I post it here for keeping informed. www.theguardian.com...

Similarly, the post-Georgian crisis with Caribbean ships ended with the opening of Orthodox cathedral in Habana, by Castro, Medvedev and Kirill, now Russian patriarch then metropolitan. www.cbn.com...

Does it mean there will be a new better turn in the world politics? New figures enter, Francis being one of them, but also Kirill. Castros remain at the focus of world attention. Not with missiles at the moment...Let remember the first Cuban crisis started with the US missiles installed in...Turkey. Kennedy agreed to be mutually removed in 6 months period. Could it be repeated the history? What we have in Turkey, and also Poland, is nothing short of Cuban crisis for Russia in reverse mode.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Thanks for info.

I think Russia wins.

If Russia went nuclear, all of the fallout would drop on.....China.
That would be a very grave miscalculation on Putin's part.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
more news today...

Russia gives warning to Arabs, "if you help turks invade Syria - That means war against Russia"...
www.presstv.com...
also :
www.rt.com...
sputniknews.com...

here is the yesterday news... www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-2-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Remember what I said about Russia lacking air support if they went to war with Turkey, and that their aircraft carrier was vulnerable?

sputniknews.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Syria requested a month ago, for perma Russian assistance and Russia made 4-5 perma bases within Syria... Most of it is for aircrafts - as far as I know. Also Putin declined the parma thing, as he thinks Russia does not need a perma base in Syria.

edit on 5-2-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas

Syria requested a month ago, for perma Russian assistance and Russia made 4-5 perma bases within Syria... Most of it is for aircrafts - as far as I know.

They will need to be resupplied, which may be difficult if Russia goes to war with Turkey.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join