It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Cooked in a Crock Pot For the First Time Last Night!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos
No tenderloin but I helped hang 10 sides of sugar cured bacon in the smoker yesterday. Can't wait. I get 2 of them. Pork is cheap right now too. We bought 5 hogs 225+lb hogs for $135 each. It's a very economical way to buy protein. In a perfect world I would be an organic only vegetarian but when you can get this much food for the price it's the only way to go. Unfortunately I am not in the 1%. I also lucked out on large capacity stand up freezer that runs like a top for $40. Without that little luxury this wouldn't be possible.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This thread has me making a slow cooker meal. I use a rice cooker that has a low/warm setting.
This is what I put in it.
large ham bone cut in half with some ham trimmings.
1.5 teaspoons of minced garlic, 3 tablespoons of homemade hot sauce, onion powder, garlic salt, fresh cracked pepper, course sea salt, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 2 bay leaves, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds(fiber), 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds(essential fatty and amino acids+nutrients).
Half a cup of rice.
I am boiling this til the rice is done and then I will set it on low.
Then I am going to add whats lying around. Potatoes, carrots, onion, the parsley outside is still green as ever, and probably a can of green beans.
I will let you know how it turns out. I am so hungry right now.... cue the butter and rolls.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well, I have to say it doesn't get better than this. I ended up tossing in a ton of Parsley and Rosemary. I had a ham bone, one potato left, one onion left, and some questionable baby carrots. I have enough soup here from things laying around the kitchen to last a week.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeceptioVisus
Well, I have to say it doesn't get better than this. I ended up tossing in a ton of Parsley and Rosemary. I had a ham bone, one potato left, one onion left, and some questionable baby carrots. I have enough soup here from things laying around the kitchen to last a week.

Nice.. as long as it doesn't go south just keep adding random left overs from other meals into it , I think Latin based folks have a name for it, which escaped me just now.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Someone called it potage on a thread about making hardtack. I heat my home with a wood stove 24/7 when the winter really takes hold so I am considering seeing how long I can keep a pot going on top of the stove.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Crock pots are great. Hotdogs and sauerkraut when it's snowing out or a can of cream of mushroom with a picnic pack of chicken just BC

edit on 31-12-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join