It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Vote on EU exit to be Summer 2016

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
David Cameron has today unofficially announced the in / out referendum will be held next year.

“It is going to be tough and there is a lot of hard work to do. But I believe 2016 will be the year we achieve something really vital, fundamentally changing the UK’s relationship with the EU and finally addressing the concerns of the British people about our membership.
“Then it will be for the British people to decide whether we remain or leave. It is a choice we will all need to think hard about.”
www.theguardian.com...

Speculation is on a June or July poll , seems to me Cameron has pulled the pin in the face of not getting his demands over the reforms he wants.
2016 could turn out to be a very interesting year , if we vote to leave where does that leave the Union with Scotland.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I am not surprised. Cameron's negotiation terms were unrealistic. Does he honestly believe he could change or circumvent the ethos that underpins the EU?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So they're finally going to give the people a voice on the issue ?

This will be interesting once it gets officially announced. Expect to see plenty of media propaganda on both sides of the fence trying to draw the masses into whichever direction they want the people to vote.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hmmm. If Scotland has a majority vote to stay and England votes mainly no, would that trigger a new independence referendum? Or would it be a UK vote, so figures are taken from the UK as a whole?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

If there were a majority vote in Scotland to stay I would imagine the SNP would take that as a trigger for a new independence referendum should England , Wales and Northern Ireland vote to leave.
Here we go again.

edit on 18-12-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

With mad Merkal going bat# crazy with open gates and refusing to comprise even in slightest in EU negotiations.

I say OUT! 2016 cant come sooner. Leave the rest of the EU to crash and burn under Germany.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It definitely could, although Sturgeon claimed earlier that she wouldn't raise the issue again until until she could be sure that there would be majority vote for independence. Would EU membership be enough of a vote swinger for previous Scottish no-voters? I have no idea.
Things are going to get complicated for us in the UK pretty soon, I reckon.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm all for Scottish independence. I'm an SNP member and always vote for them. That doesn't mean I agree with everything they stand for. I vote for them because it's the best chance I have to get independence at any cost.

So when it comes to Europe, I'm in two minds, but probably on balance I would say to come out. A lot of the reasons are the same reasons I want out of the UK. Basically I want Scots to govern Scotland not people in London and not people in Brussels.

having said that I will vote to stay in EU and that is so the SNP can use that vote to argue for another referendum.

It will be interesting to see if the SNP can convince people in Scotland to vote for EU on that basis even though really a lot of us don't want it. Lets face it we can leave anytime we want after we get Independence.

In fact we can do whatever we like after Independence. That's the whole point.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm Scottish and I voted for independence, but would rather it have been independence from everyone, especially the EU. This feels like yet another rigged game where people will be misled, bullied and frightened into voting to stay in the EU by the propaganda machine. Finally if it looks like the vote outcome will be to leave the EU, then I am quite sure there will be some fraudulent / cheating methods at the ready to rig the outcome. That way everyone can just say "the people voted to stay'. Not like this method has never been used before.

Whilst I would love a second and honest vote for our independence, I have seen the way our SNP leaders have sold us down the river to the corporations, like the tartan Tories they have turned out to be, and sadly no longer trust them to have our country's best interest at heart.

The way it appears, from what I have come across, is the big plan to have a United States of Europe with one army, one police force, one banking cartel and one government. No independence allowed.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

With mad Merkal going bat# crazy with open gates and refusing to comprise even in slightest in EU negotiations.

I say OUT! 2016 cant come sooner. Leave the rest of the EU to crash and burn under Germany.

West Germany absorbed the basket case of East Germany and became the strongest partner of the EU. Your assertion that the EU will crash and burn is so very wrong and straight out of the BS anti EU UK press.

The EU is far from perfect but it is a conglomerate of countries working together. This partnership is the way of the world as the world becomes ever smaller. The UK partners with NAFTA? not a chance. The Uk partners with BRIC not a chance. The Uk partners with the Commonwealth, yeaH Ok , straight out of Farage's book BUT, huge BUT, those commonwealth countries have established trade agreements with other trading blocks AFTER THE UK JOINED THE EU DUH! We might be the 6th largest economic country but we would be insignificant compared to conglomerate blocks like NAFTA, BRIC and EU.

Do you really think one of these trading blocks will shelve certain trading agreements to trade with the UK for the sake of a trade volume that is exceedingly low volume compared to the intra block trading? People need to wake up before it's too late.

How many times have the conspiracy sites predicted the fall of the EU ? As many as the end of the world due to Nibiru! Come on wake up.........

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
David Cameron has today unofficially announced the in / out referendum will be held next year.

“It is going to be tough and there is a lot of hard work to do. But I believe 2016 will be the year we achieve something really vital, fundamentally changing the UK’s relationship with the EU and finally addressing the concerns of the British people about our membership.
“Then it will be for the British people to decide whether we remain or leave. It is a choice we will all need to think hard about.”
www.theguardian.com...

Speculation is on a June or July poll , seems to me Cameron has pulled the pin in the face of not getting his demands over the reforms he wants.
2016 could turn out to be a very interesting year , if we vote to leave where does that leave the Union with Scotland.

I am voting for a big hard IN as far as the referendum.

I enjoy the freedom to travel and also the rights of my European friends to live and work here.

As far as the Scotish issue I hope that either way they will call another referendum and make the right choice and leave the UK.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i'm voting out ,i choose not to spit on our dead who fought to keep british law ,we will still trade as everything is set up already so no change at all really except we decide our laws .

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

West Germany absorbed the basket case of East Germany and became the strongest partner of the EU. Your assertion that the EU will crash and burn is so very wrong and straight out of the BS anti EU UK press.

The EU is far from perfect but it is a conglomerate of countries working together. This partnership is the way of the world as the world becomes ever smaller. The UK partners with NAFTA? not a chance. The Uk partners with BRIC not a chance. The Uk partners with the Commonwealth, yeaH Ok , straight out of Farage's book BUT, huge BUT, those commonwealth countries have established trade agreements with other trading blocks AFTER THE UK JOINED THE EU DUH! We might be the 6th largest economic country but we would be insignificant compared to conglomerate blocks like NAFTA, BRIC and EU.

Do you really think one of these trading blocks will shelve certain trading agreements to trade with the UK for the sake of a trade volume that is exceedingly low volume compared to the intra block trading? People need to wake up before it's too late.

How many times have the conspiracy sites predicted the fall of the EU ? As many as the end of the world due to Nibiru! Come on wake up.........

# the EU.

I dont want to be ruled from Berlin or Brussels.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
i'm voting out ,i choose not to spit on our dead who fought to keep british law ,we will still trade as everything is set up already so no change at all really except we decide our laws .

I bet your a big fan of Britain First and all those other idiotic right wing groups?

Please give me an indepth rational as to your feelings on a UK exit from the EU.

You can use really big words if you like(I can google the ones I do not understand)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

www.theguardian.com...

I enjoy the freedom to travel and also the rights of my European friends to live and work here.

As far as the Scotish issue I hope that either way they will call another referendum and make the right choice and leave the UK.

Bollocks the US is not in the EU and I can travel there, same with Japan.
Just because we leave the EU wont mean travel to the EU will magically stop!
It will carry on like the rest of the world.

Hell I still need to show a passport now to use the tunnel or fly into the EU so dont see how leaving will affect travel!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

www.theguardian.com...

Bollocks the US is not in the EU and I can travel there, same with Japan.
Just because we leave the EU wont mean travel to the EU will magically stop!
It will carry on like the rest of the world.

Hell I still need to show a passport now to use the tunnel or fly into the EU so dont see how leaving will affect travel!

Freedom to live in an EU country is important to me and also the right for EU members to live in the UK.

Yes passports are needed but freedom to live outside of my country of birth is something I personally think the EU is worth fighting for, Yes there are other issues but these can be worked upon and as stated I will be voting a big fat yes to staying.

It will as we all know be very interesting.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

The immigration of EU citizens is bottom of my list of priorities.

Yes the EU needs reform and there lies the problem. Mad Merkal and the other EU powers dont seem intrested in any serious debate on reform. They have there trough in brussels to feed there corrupt little appetites and thats it.

Its bad enough being ruled by a one set of corrupt useless politicians and beurocrates in Westminster let alone adding ANOTHER layer of even more corrupt usless beurocrates in brussels. Not to even mention the fact the EU parliament doesn't hold the true power and is only trusted as far on what to call a cornish pastie and other such nonsense. The real decisions are done by unelected beurocrates or Merkal when she has a mad fit like opening Germanys borders to let everyone and anyone in without vetting. Or when the EU demanded we pay them a few billion randomly last year just because we are doing well and Europe still cant get there economic # together.

Im all for EU trade, but want none of the politics.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

actually i am no fan of right wing groups,it is because i come from a military town with family military history,
i even met lord mount batton before he got blown up ,
and i always wear a poppy as well.
i also remember all the men who gave their lives to keep british law so for me voting out is the right thing to do as i suspect most will do from my town.

we choose not to spit on our dead thank you !

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

actually i am no fan of right wing groups,it is because i come from a military town with family military history,
i even met lord mount batton before he got blown up ,
and i always wear a poppy as well.
i also remember all the men who gave their lives to keep british law so for me voting out is the right thing to do as i suspect most will do from my town.

we choose not to spit on our dead thank you !

I am at a loss here then, I have spat on no dead and do not know of anyone that had?

I lost relatives including a grandparent in ww2 and I fail to see how this is relavant?

I too will wear a poppy in rememberance but again fail to see how this is relavant to an EU referendum and the potential for another Scotish referendum?

Bit bemused here if I am honest.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I agree, I dream of a world without borders. EU gives me a portion of that dream so I will vote to stay solely for the freedom of movement between member states, however if things change in terms of freedom of movement between now & next year when it's time to vote and it's entirely possible with all the immigration issues currently going on, then I'll probably vote to leave

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join