It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa releases stunning new image of Earth taken from a spacecraft orbiting the moon

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

after the death of Kubrick Ed Harris (Christof) continued the great work using the Truman Show technology

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Both were taken from Earth. Is this proof that we have two different moons.... or the moon grows and shrinks?

Proves we live on a flatworld and that the a.m & p.m. movie directors like to laugh at our expense.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

You're making me feel seasick!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I find it interesting that those who don't believe that science and technology can take us to the moon or capture pictures rely on it in their daily lives without question and believe it can create more real pictures than actual pictures

Just because I have a camera doesnt mean that NASAs cameras arent better -
We have microphones on our cell phones - does that mean that the NSA doesnt have "mics and cameras" way beyond anything we can imagine? Because we question doesnt mean we throw out all science -
And to be pedantic we "dont believe or disbelieve in science" but rather "use applied technology"

And the USA has admitted that the Gulf Of Tonkin incident that led to the Vietnam War was a False Flag

Your argument is specious

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Let me just say..

(the actual song title is 'Don't Panic' if anyone is interested)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Your argument is specious

As is yours, as well as being a logical fallacy - evidence that the truth behind an actual event was covered up is not proof that all events are falsified, or that there is no truth to this photograph.
edit on 19-12-2015 by onebigmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
a reply to: Klassified And your box is fear. The Centralians where spot on.

Could you expound on that? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Ove38

And is that the moons surface or is it something that was added to give the visual feel to the pic ? eta ...so where is the flag ?

Wait, this is just a joke right? Why bother messing with the thread in this way. I mean, you do know we didn't plant a flag every 10 feet of the moon's surface, right? Do you...naaah, couldn't be... I'm going to ask anyway: Do you think the entire moon consists of the section you've seen with the flag on the MTV logo? If so, have you ever looked up in the sky at night?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What a gorgeous pic, and thanks for posting. My first thoughts: incredibly blue, awesome foreground, need a framed version for my study.

My next, passing irreverent thought: future interstellar meteorologist starting every forecast with: "Earth is going to be partly cloudy..."

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

Prove that NASA took real pictures of Earth.

DSCOVR is all you need to know.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

not for ever.

Seeing the lack of Solar winds and sun spots are allowing more cosmic rays to hit th earth. The cosmic rays as they enter through the atmosphere create clouds and cooler temps.

When the Sun spot activity picks up again it will cause the cosmic rays to have less of an effect on the atmosphere and that creates less clouds and hotter temperatures.

edit on 19-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Did they now? We'll see.

Yes they did, and we have seen it every time we launch something into space, or when planes fly from one destination to another.

www.classzone.com...

spaceplace.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Two different moonrise photos:

Both were taken from Earth.
Is this proof that we have two different moons....
or the moon grows and shrinks?

The Moon illusion is an optical illusion which causes the Moon to appear larger near the horizon than it does higher up in the sky.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Earth is much larger than the moon, therefore images of the Earth from the Moon should appear much larger than the Moon does from Earth.. It's really that simple.

Apollo Earth

edit on 19-12-2015 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

That isn't what you're seeing there.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Photos like this and the ones taken by deep imagery of other galaxies makes me completely understand why we have so many wars and why money is so important.......

/sarcasm

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Photos like this and the ones taken by deep imagery of other galaxies makes me completely understand why we have so many wars and why money is so important.......
/sarcasm

You can't eat stars or live on the moon.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ove38

The Earth is much larger than the moon, therefore images of the Earth from the Moon should appear much larger than the Moon does from Earth.. It's really that simple.

You edited your post to add some more misconceptions and poor spatial reasoning.

Go take a photo of the moon outside later. Come back and show us how big it is in the photo.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: imd12c4funn

originally posted by: ngchunter
a reply to: imd12c4funn

What you believe is irrelevant. Yes, NASA took real pictures of earth. No, Bob Ross' paintings have no equivalency with photos from LRO, regardless of the stitching and image processing. Every astrophoto you have ever seen has been processed to one extent or another, but that does not mean it's as fake as a Bob Ross painting. They even show the video on the LRO website of the raw wide angle camera images as it scans the surface of the earth and moon. It's quite real, just processed together to represent one moment of time from that scan.

It's fundamentally no different than stacking an image of a comet moving through space. If stacked on the stars and on the comet and composited it represents just one moment in time from the original imaging session, but it comes from a range of images covering a span of time where the comet was actually moving relative to the stars. If you simply added the photos together without any other processing the comet would be a blur, just as earth would be a blur if you stabilized on the moon's surface and didn't do any other processing to create the image.

Prove that NASA took real pictures of Earth. You can't and never will be able to, but that is irrelevant.

Wrong.

I have an original print of that photo of earth in my personal collection. It was stolen by a former NASA employee family member and given to me.

What is relevant is that you rely on the word of a 3rd party unknown to you and proclaim it as gospel truth.

Wrong. See above. I have checked these things for myself. They match up with what they should be expected to show.

I rely on the admission of the use of special processing and supposed composites to create a representation of a real picture.

I use special processing. By your standards, every astrophoto I have ever taken is fake.
www.flickr.com...
Is that really what you want to claim? Answer me.

I rely on the fact that the NASA can create a representation but cannot take a snapshot of Earth that can actually be analyzed to prove the image is reality.

LMFAO! You are so incredibly wrong. Just because THIS photo from LRO required special processing to create does not mean ALL photos of earth taken by NASA were processed in this way. Your logic fails. Here you go, snapshots of earth, not stitched together like LRO.
epic.gsfc.nasa.gov...
And again, the photograph I have in my personal collection was a simple photograph taken by Apollo astronauts.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Likewise I have dozens of images of Earth in original books that pre-date not only photoshop but graphics chips. Those images if Earth can be matched with satellite photographs of the weather. I also own original books with those in too.

Not all images are digital!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Lots of info on how the image was taken here: lroc.sese.asu.edu...

This video shows the maneuvering of the LRO to capture the image:

This video is an animation of the WAC frames taken to create the image:

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join