It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress passes $1,000,000,000,000 spending measure.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I honestly don't know who is doing the accounting for America but I'm starting to think his name is Scrooge Mcduck!

Absurdity in motion!

"Budget watchdog groups sharply criticized the legislation, saying it would add $2 trillion to the nation’s debt over 20 years" You don't say! What do these people think pulling 1trn out of a hat will do to the economy. You know 1trn here 1trn there and pretty soon you're talking some SERIOUS cash here folks.

But that's not the best bit. Here's some more from the same article.
"The package also incorporates legislation that expands the sharing of information between private firms and federal security agencies to prevent cyberattacks." Oh really! Super brilliant. Just what we all asked for, right!?

Again from the article. "“Like many shoppers out there, they put it all on the credit card, except that it’s your credit card,” Mr. Doggett said, adding, “If you add this much debt unpaid for in a fiscally irresponsible way you begin to jeopardize retirement security, Medicare and Social Security, because those so-called entitlements are next up on the chopping block.”"
These people don't care about anything to do with common interests or poorer people, just business. Big business. This whole thing must look like one hell of a Christmas present!

And one last excerpt from the article. "Mr. Lee said in a speech on the Senate floor on Thursday. “And then, after several weeks, the negotiators emerged – grand bargain in hand – confident that the people they deliberately excluded from the policy making process would now support all 2,242 pages of the legislative leviathan that they cooked up. This is not how a self-governing – or self-respecting – institution operates, and everyone here knows it.” Hahahahahahaaaa, oh boy. We've seen this before. over 2000 pages and none of it actually being read.

Enjoy the $2,000,000,000,000 debt guys!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You know what they're thinking? When the fiscal house of cards crashes, the slate is wiped clean, all debt is erased.

It doesn't matter ordinary folk loose everything, the people at the top aren't affected by another crash like they weren't the last time and the time before that. They caused it and they are going to cause the next one, too.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I wanna know who voted yes and no to this thing

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Why you gotta hate on Scrooge McDuck?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just remember 'your vote matters'!

This can all be fixed by voting for the correct President. No worries.

Sarc/off

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
People need to move beyond just complaining and vote.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Amazing what you can do with a printing press!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh agreed, most definitely.

The thing that really gets me is the fact that no one seems phased by 1Trn any-more. Value has successfully been eroded down now to mean very little. People mistakingly believe that one million isn't a large amount. So a billion and a trillion is just passed off as a slightly larger number.

It's insane. I seriously don't know how much more of this can happen before 'the readjustment' takes place and we all wake up homeless..... I don't like to set dates and guess at time, but I do feel it's going to be soon. The world just seems to be.... Well, falling apart.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

That's an inherent problem though.

People still don't understand that both your president as well as our Prime-minister are elected heads of corporations. They exist to make money for their founders (we know who they are). They have 'employees' (us) who are traded openly as collateral. I think the conspiracy is so large that most people have lost sight of it. We are OWNED. Even our courts are contractual. Everything is regarding legislation and statutes. Currency is simply a method of control - one they have lost control of.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
For those of you who don't know or don't remember... it's never a bad time to do a little homework on the strawman explanation.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

we got to pass the spending bill to see what's in it.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Just remember 'your vote matters'!

This can all be fixed by voting for the correct President. No worries.

Sarc/off

Well what else are we supposed to do, revolt?! I can't even pick up my rifle for fear of it attacking me! Someone told me that could happen, and that they needed to come by in their gun control trucks to lock it in a cage as soon as some law is passed! Do you think pitchforks would be effective? Hmm..

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The world just seems to be.... Well, falling apart.

They push it to the brink of disaster threatening to bring it down so that the people or country being targeted will capitulate so they don't get destroyed.

A little more slavery never hurts, compared to utter destruction.

This explains sanctions, embargoes, blockades, military interventions, foreclosures, defaults on loans, sieges laid on countries and cities, etc.

They ratchet up the pain until people cry uncle and give in. Hopefully not destroying the whole pie in the process.

Dangerous game played by ignorant fools. Its not working, people will always resist subjugation and fight for their freedom and sovereignty, right to self determination. As individuals and nations.

Thats what the empire builders don't understand. They're too full of their own delusions of grandeur.

So it will crash, eventually, reverting power and control back to local communities. Everything people do now to become as self sufficient as possible and hooked up with their local community for food, water and other supplies will lessen the blow when it comes.
edit on 18-12-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Both D's and R's got their palms greased to pass this trash.

They Are BOTH guilty.

So far Ryan sucks as speaker.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Scrooge McDuck had a vault full of gold. He was much more solvent

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Oh, c'mon man.

That would require people get off their asses and actually do something constructive. It's much easier to cop out and say "I didn't vote so it's not my fault."

The only thing that's going to change things is for us to do it.

Either via the ballot box, or with fire. It ain't gonna change on its own.

...and with those two sentences, I just made a watch list somewhere. Dangerous right wing subversive that I am.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Xcathdra

Oh, c'mon man.

That would require people get off their asses and actually do something constructive. It's much easier to cop out and say "I didn't vote so it's not my fault."

The only thing that's going to change things is for us to do it.

Either via the ballot box, or with fire. It ain't gonna change on its own.

...and with those two sentences, I just made a watch list somewhere. Dangerous right wing subversive that I am.

Here is a future headline: Washington DC traitors evaporated in a million degree fireball after financial collapse.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No worries on the list... I submitted your name some time back.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: amicktd

Both D's and R's got their palms greased to pass this trash.

They Are BOTH guilty.

So far Ryan sucks as speaker.

What's Ryan supposed to do? Shut down the government? Not only is that a losing proposition for his party but it's counterproductive. Shutdowns cost more money than they save. Rather than call Ryan a turncoat because he did exactly the same thing that Boehner would have done, maybe you should consider that he took the only action a responsible adult in a position of power could take.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Maybe he hid soem small print in it that will lessen th e blow?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join