It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Legislators introduce the "Anything But Trump" Act

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: matafuchs

And Trumps poll numbers will go even higher as a result.

Love him or hate him, the more this guy gets attacked, the more people support him.

This is what I don't get: the people that hate him the most are the political establishment, the same ones that almost everyone agrees they hate too, but then people turn around and hate on Trump too.

Sometimes, I just think there are some who like to hate on everyone and everything.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Could it also be that people are afraid of change to the establishment or their own beliefs.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Media has a strong influence on what people believe say and do.

We all get played from one extent to another. Remember the public outcry over a dentist shooting some lion? Normally, most would say, meh. But when media played it out, there were death threats against the guy and he had to close his business!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
at least their stupidity this time doesn't cost an arm and a leg???
unless of course, their next move is to decide not to make it into a park, and come up with a great billion dollar project that a friend of a cousin, of a ex-wife's husband wants help building!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I guess politicians have nothing else better to focus their attentions on ?

I guess things like economics, education, jobs, business expansion, housing, etc are all hunky dory and are not in any need of improvement.

On next week's agenda:

Which show is better ?
Honey Boo Boo or The Kardashians ?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

the enemy of your enemy is not always your friend
im sure youve been burnt enough that you should have learned this lesson by now
but apparently you havent

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
You're reply is unreadable.

It's like you have an electronic crayon.

exactly
silly and childish coming from me it would seem
yet trump espouses this kind of childish drivel at every given opportunity
and you laud it as genius

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I guess politicians have nothing else better to focus their attentions on ?

I guess things like economics, education, jobs, business expansion, housing, etc are all hunky dory and are not in any need of improvement.

On next week's agenda:

Which show is better ?
Honey Boo Boo or The Kardashians ?

if youve ever watched cspans coverage of the house of representatives you would know that is frighteningly accurate
there are absolute mountains of petty bs that have nothing to do with politics or legislation
edit on 18-12-2015 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

it's those jobs, business expansion, housing, and such projects that I ends up costing an arm and a leg in NY! They also seem to usually not produce the jobs, the growth, or any of the things that are promised about them. just a giant sucking sound as the money is drained from the taxpayers pockets and the jobs that were supposed to be increased in the state getting sucked into canada or somewhere else. at least that was how it was when we left the state.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not surprising. You seem to like nazis.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

Not surprising. You seem to like nazis.

Which Nazis would those be ?

The ones in NYC acting like NAZI's burning 'books' they don't like ?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The ones you like to quote.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Why get pulled into a discussion about fixing problems in the country when time can be spent on the general blame game and pushing any prying eyes away from their faults or lack of real action.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Donald Trump hasn't said anything I would call 'hateful rhetoric'. What is hateful about saying that we need to halt muslim immigration till we can determine "what the hell is going on" in our vetting process? He even later clarified some of the finer points that got some of the easily offended whiney butts' panties all in a wad.

But, the leftist rags and pundits jumped on it like the rabid dogs they are. They are out of control with their own brand of hateful rhetoric.

Also, what is hateful about building a wall to keep illegal immigrants from streaming across our borders? He told you that he loves the Mexican people, but they need to come here legally and many that are entering our country now are less than desirable citizens. Truth sometimes hurts, but labelling truth as hateful rhetoric is ridiculous.

But, again, the leftist rags and pundits went into rabid dog mode and hyped it up with accusations of bigotry and racism. Trump has support from a wide range of people, young, old, blue collar, business people, women, black, hispanic, and even some dems and independents. Some of those supporters are angry at what is happening to our country under this administration. Obama is not trustworthy according to millions of Americans. They see it in his policies, hear it in his rhetoric, and feel it in their bones.

But, you can't blame Trump for what other people think, feel, and do.

And, imo, you can despise a religion such as Islam and consider it creepy, but actually love and care about individual muslims. It's like learning how to distinguish the messenger from the message. A large percentage of the lefties right here on this board abhor Christianity and use every opportunity they have to denigrate it and insult its doctrines, yet I'm sure most of them don't hate individual Christians.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This is what I don't get: the people that hate him the most are the political establishment, the same ones that almost everyone agrees they hate too, but then people turn around and hate on Trump too.

Sometimes, I just think there are some who like to hate on everyone and everything.

Just because we don't like the establishment doesn't mean we automatically support Trump. Sure it's great that he's throwing a monkey wrench into the establishment politics. I think just about everyone likes that. But he's also a total fascist, arrogant blowhard who would be a giant mistake as President too.

The world isn't as simple as "Either you're with us or you're with the Terrorists" after all. I support Trump's attempt to point out the corrupt Politics but that doesn't mean I have to support him as President too. Or even agree with what he says. But he is entertaining sometimes. But he's also full of sh*t and all his rhetoric seems to be why a lot of people are also acting like idiots all over the country too which is a bad thing. Although I guess that really isn't his fault that people follow his lame version of leadership though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join