It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Atlantic University Wants To Fire Professor Who Denies Sandy Hook Massacre

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

What are you talking about and where is your proof of this claim?
edit on 18-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I bet if this was a conservative right winger being allegedly harassed there would be no problem whatsoever. The sacred cow sandy hook cannot be questioned, this story proves it.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

I bet if this was a conservative right winger being allegedly harassed there would be no problem whatsoever. The sacred cow sandy hook cannot be questioned, this story proves it.

*eyeroll* Uh huh... Just deflect. Great discussion points you bring up...
edit on 18-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Eye roll back at you, tenure is meant to protect professors from being railroaded for unpopular speech or personality conflicts. The guy is probably a dick, so what? What grounds does the school have for revoking tenure?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

i know what your saying, what i'm saying is that he has a contract, and if there is no wording in that contract that states that in your personal life, you can't do anything that may reflect badly on them, they have no just cause to fire him.

he is not under work at will laws, he is under contract laws. and they have to be able to prove that he did something that was wrong( violated policies, didn't quit after being warned) in order to fire him, or else face losing a wrongful termination suit, you can't just terminate someone like that with a contract, now if was work at will they could.

now is it wrong to fire someone that can damage your business for holding a different view on somethings and speaking out about it or being accused of a crime without conviction. me i say yes, especially if it is found out that he is not violating any laws and or definitions of said laws, no matter how repulsive i find it.

like i said i still think they have to prove that he violated policies, or that he did indeed cause harm to the school to show just cause and not lose a wrongful termination suit.

it's been fun to argue with you and hope to do so again.

edit on 18-12-2015 by JdSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Ask the school. They aren't elaborating though.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

More proper thread title would be "FAU wants to fire professor who harassed parents of dead child."

Most proper thread title would be "FAU wants to fire professor who allegedly harassed parents of dead child."

I know you know better than that.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JdSmith

i know what your saying, what i'm saying is that he has a contract, and if there is no wording in that contract that states that in your personal life, you can't do anything that may reflect badly on them, they have no just cause to fire him.

How do you know that isn't part of his contract though?

he is not under work at will laws, he is under contract laws. and they have to be able to prove that he did something that was wrong( violated policies, didn't quit after being warned) in order to fire him, or else face losing a wrongful termination suit, you can't just terminate someone like that with a contract, now if was work at will they could.

Technically he didn't quite when he was warned because he ended up exposing his ridiculous ideas to the media. Again. And FAU was pretty hot about all the controversy the first time around so they likely weren't too excited about the possibility of a second helping.

now is it wrong to fire someone that can damage your business for holding a different view on somethings and speaking out about it or being accused of a crime without conviction. me i say yes, especially if it is found out that he is not violating any laws and or definitions of said laws, no matter how repulsive i find it.

But shouldn't a business be able to determine the character of the people it hires? Isn't that part of self-determination?

like i said i still think they have to prove that he violated policies, or that he did indeed cause harm to the school to show just cause and not lose a wrongful termination suit.

it's been fun to argue with you and hope to do so again.

Yea. I thank you for not getting angry and yelling at me. It's always nice to maintain neutral tones instead of emotionally tinged ones.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
More proper thread title would be "FAU wants to fire professor who harassed parents of dead child."

Or better yet fired for being a total ass. I love this story in away. Here we have a highly educate person teaching our kids and he can't even get this right, kind of shows who we have in these positions of influence over our kids. Reminds me of the large number of Yale students that were asked to sign a petition to do away with the first amendment, like none of them could figure that out so what are the learning?

edit on 18-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

I guess you are assuming that a college would actually let a conservative right winger in as a professor... lol Also how do you question kids that died that day? You can say it was all staged, but the large number of families that lost kids that day say otherwise.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm questioning the lack of free speech by a tenured professor on his own time.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JdSmith

first i agree with what your saying as far as what he is doing is disgusting and wrong morally .

but we have yet to find out if he has actually broken a law and been found guilty, in a court of law.

innocent until proven guilty, no matter how disgusting we might think it is.

There have been many threads about staff being fired from Christian institutes because they had a different lifestyle or view and it has always been pointed out that those institutions have a right to screen, hire or fire whomever they want. You can't really argue against that right. I believe the non-Christian University has that right as well.

Remember the first amendment protects the rights of citizens from the goverment there is nothing in it that protects a persons job.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Florida Atlantic University Wants To Fire Professor Who Denies Sandy Hook Massacre

James Tracy may finally lose his job.

Tracy, a tenured professor at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, has claimed on his "Memory Hole blog" that virtually every major mass shooting or terror attack, including 9/11, Sandy Hook and San Bernardino, was fake. Sometimes he throws in some denialism about global warming, and promotes books like Nobody Died At Sandy Hook. None of that has caused much trouble for him at work.

But this week, he may have gone too far. Lenny and Veronique Pozner, parents of a child killed in the Sandy Hook school shooting, accused Tracy of leading a harassment campaign against them.

Florida Atlantic, a public school where Tracy has taught since 2002, on Wednesday confirmed it has begun the process to revoke Tracy's tenure and fire him.

So it looks like this conspiracy theorist is losing his tenure over saying that Sandy Hook was a false flag. Well that's not entirely true actually. He was harassing the parents of one of the children that died during Sandy Hook like so:

The Pozners wrote in a Sun Sentinel commentary on Dec. 10 that Tracy demanded that they send him a certificate to prove their child was dead, and documentation showing they were parents. The Ponzers said they have tried to prevent photos of their son from being used by conspiracy theorists like Tracy. They filed a police report accusing Tracy of harassment.

Noah Pozner was one of 20 children killed in the Sandy Hook massacre. He was 6.

Yea that's disgusting. I'm pretty sure he crossed a line there.

Yes conspiracy theorists hate children and want to be obnoxious to murder victims.

Are you done demonizing CT?
edit on 18-12-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: add words

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

" Like it's inconceivable that a father wouldn't want his dead six year old son politicized or something."

Well, that's an odd statement considering all they have done is politicize their "dead six year old son" themselves, AND profited from it.

edit on 18-12-2015 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

James Tracy may finally lose his job.

Tracy, a tenured professor at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, has claimed on his "Memory Hole blog" that virtually every major mass shooting or terror attack, including 9/11, Sandy Hook and San Bernardino, was fake. Sometimes he throws in some denialism about global warming, and promotes books like Nobody Died At Sandy Hook. None of that has caused much trouble for him at work.

But this week, he may have gone too far. Lenny and Veronique Pozner, parents of a child killed in the Sandy Hook school shooting, accused Tracy of leading a harassment campaign against them.

Florida Atlantic, a public school where Tracy has taught since 2002, on Wednesday confirmed it has begun the process to revoke Tracy's tenure and fire him.

So it looks like this conspiracy theorist is losing his tenure over saying that Sandy Hook was a false flag. Well that's not entirely true actually. He was harassing the parents of one of the children that died during Sandy Hook like so:

The Pozners wrote in a Sun Sentinel commentary on Dec. 10 that Tracy demanded that they send him a certificate to prove their child was dead, and documentation showing they were parents. The Ponzers said they have tried to prevent photos of their son from being used by conspiracy theorists like Tracy. They filed a police report accusing Tracy of harassment.

Noah Pozner was one of 20 children killed in the Sandy Hook massacre. He was 6.

Yea that's disgusting. I'm pretty sure he crossed a line there.

Yes conspiracy theorists hate children and want to be obnoxious to murder victims.

Are you done demonizing CT?

I don't know are you done hyperboling my OP yet?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

How so?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
They profited through the massive donations poured into SH, and not to mention the wrongful death lawsuit the parents have levied on the school.

This whole incident in itself in the parents collaborating in the politicization of their child as well as the childs grandmother advocating for gun control using her grandchild's 'death' as a political tool. I suspect that the parents have no quarrels with that either.

I also want to point out that Noah was also the child who's photos were used during the peace rallies of the Peshawar massacre. His photos were blown up and attached to picket signs and plastered all over the place in Peshawar....will the parents also sue these people as well....or rather file harassment charges for the use of their childs photo
edit on 18-12-2015 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So would you guys be in favor of allowing a teacher who believes in ISIS to teach your kids?
I doubt it.
I'll bet the school system knew of his odd beliefs.
But when he asked the parents for proof of their child's death it became a legal issue.
That gave them the legal momentum to flush him out the door.

When someone else is paying you there are just some things you can't say or do.
Most likely this guy will never teach ever again.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

I also want to point out that Noah was also the child who's photos were used during the peace rallies of the Peshawar massacre. His photos were blown up and attached to picket signs and plastered all over the place in Peshawar..

I would say his parents own the rights to all photos of their child.
They can allow/disallow any person or group to use them at will.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Not really, there are plenty of photos of him in the public domain. How do you think the people in Peshawar got his photos..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join