It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Atlantic University Wants To Fire Professor Who Denies Sandy Hook Massacre

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Florida Atlantic University Wants To Fire Professor Who Denies Sandy Hook Massacre

James Tracy may finally lose his job.

Tracy, a tenured professor at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, has claimed on his "Memory Hole blog" that virtually every major mass shooting or terror attack, including 9/11, Sandy Hook and San Bernardino, was fake. Sometimes he throws in some denialism about global warming, and promotes books like Nobody Died At Sandy Hook. None of that has caused much trouble for him at work.

But this week, he may have gone too far. Lenny and Veronique Pozner, parents of a child killed in the Sandy Hook school shooting, accused Tracy of leading a harassment campaign against them.

Florida Atlantic, a public school where Tracy has taught since 2002, on Wednesday confirmed it has begun the process to revoke Tracy's tenure and fire him.

So it looks like this conspiracy theorist is losing his tenure over saying that Sandy Hook was a false flag. Well that's not entirely true actually. He was harassing the parents of one of the children that died during Sandy Hook like so:

The Pozners wrote in a Sun Sentinel commentary on Dec. 10 that Tracy demanded that they send him a certificate to prove their child was dead, and documentation showing they were parents. The Ponzers said they have tried to prevent photos of their son from being used by conspiracy theorists like Tracy. They filed a police report accusing Tracy of harassment.

Noah Pozner was one of 20 children killed in the Sandy Hook massacre. He was 6.

Yea that's disgusting. I'm pretty sure he crossed a line there.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
More proper thread title would be "FAU wants to fire professor who harassed parents of dead child."

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I'm all for free speech, and this guy can deny all he wants, but when he's on his employers dime, it's a different story. There's no excuse for this kind of behavior toward students and parents. Besides that, this guy really needs a reality check. Just NO!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yea, that would be a WAY better title. I'm just waiting on the conservative spin. I'm sure its only a matter of time before we see articles about how a teacher was fired for being a conspiracy theorist start popping up.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'm all for free speech, and this guy can deny all he wants, but when he's on his employers dime, it's a different story.

see that there is a good point, now i don't agree with him, but if he was blogging at his house on his own time what right does the school have to fire him.

as far as i know and read he didn't say he was representing the school, so is he not entitled to his right to free speech and thought. just because the school doesn't agree with him or his beliefs, and he isn't teaching that in class why do they have the right to fire him.

the OP's link even says they don't give a reason why he's being fired, that says something to me.even though it is plain to see why.

The university declined to comment on what prompted the "Notice of Proposed Discipline -- Termination" against Tracy. The professor has 10 days to respond before "final action may be taken."

edit on 18-12-2015 by JdSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
He's free to be stupid if he wants, but not on state time. He shuts his mouth with this absurdity, or he goes. Give him a choice.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JdSmith

What are you talking about? I posted in the relevant info in the OP as to why he's being fired. He's being fired because the Pozners are leveling a harassment charge on him. He also was reprimanded back in 2013 for these shenanigans as well.

Florida Atlantic reprimanded Tracy in 2013 for failing to sufficiently note on his blog that his views did not represent those of his employer.

So this isn't his first transgression either. The university just isn't giving out additional comments on the matter.
edit on 18-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
here is a link to his blog, no where does it say that i have found he represents the school position on it.

as a matter of fact here's his disclaimer.

Disclaimer The views expressed in all posts and comments on memoryholeblog.com, scoopfeed.net and checkinitout.com do not reflect the opinions or positions of any institution or entity. They should be understood as the personal opinions of the authors and original comment posters. Comments are not endorsed, approved, or otherwise representative of the opinions of Memory Hole Blog. No information on this blog will be understood as official. The site’s owner is not responsible for the content of websites linked in any way from Memory Hole Blog.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

see my last post, seems that he did indeed rectify that. so if it is recent and he hasn't been found guilty of a crime does he deserve to be fired.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
So just to play devils advocate here, you guys think it's ok to revoke a professor's tenure and fire him based on alleged harassment of the parents? Has it been proven that he harassed the parents, or is it just ok to fire this guy post haste because his un pc views are insensitive?

The university declined to comment on what prompted the "Notice of Proposed Discipline -- Termination" against Tracy.

If they are doing the right thing why are they being so secretive?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

see that there is a good point, now i don't agree with him, but if he was blogging at his house on his own time what right does the school have to fire him.

They don't. As long as it is his personal blog. But the moment he started talking to the parents about their child's death, and asking them for documented proof, he crossed the line, and as a public servant, representing the school, he also put the school in jeopardy. If what I'm reading is true, he needs a size 10 boot up the backside, at the very least.

edit on 12/18/2015 by Klassified because: my bad. not a public servant

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JdSmith

see my last post, seems that he did indeed rectify that. so if it is recent and he hasn't been found guilty of a crime does he deserve to be fired.

Well yea, he rectified the first issue (it happened in 2013 after all and as we are coming up on the end of 2015 and wasn't fired for that yet I would say that was obvious), but as for him harassing the parents of a dead child, that is why he is getting fired. The other event just serves as evidence to establish a pattern.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
There is the usual confusion being furthered in this article about what a faked event is and what a false flag event is.

A false flag event actually happened but the real perpetrators behind it, the ones who set the whole thing up, are hidden.

In my view, this teacher had no business going after these parents. He is guilty of harassment. I would have to fire him, too. Personally, I think Sandy Hook was another in a long list of false flag massacres but Tracy is way out of line.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

but as i said, he never claimed to be representing the school, even when it wasn't clear if he was or wasn't the school just gave him a reprimand. is not one entitled to their thoughts and freedom of speach in that

and it appears that he did fix that problem see my post to angeldoll.
is not one entitled to their thoughts and freedom of speech in this case if he complied to the schools reprimand.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
So just to play devils advocate here, you guys think it's ok to revoke a professor's tenure and fire him based on alleged harassment of the parents? Has it been proven that he harassed the parents, or is it just ok to fire this guy post haste because his un pc views are insensitive?

The university declined to comment on what prompted the "Notice of Proposed Discipline -- Termination" against Tracy.

If they are doing the right thing why are they being so secretive?

A school doesn't have the right to determine the character of the people it employs?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

first i agree with what your saying as far as what he is doing is disgusting and wrong morally .

but we have yet to find out if he has actually broken a law and been found guilty, in a court of law.

innocent until proven guilty, no matter how disgusting we might think it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

A place of business isn't held accountable to "innocent until proven guilty". A place of business can fire you for whatever reason they want (as long as it isn't discriminatory). They don't have to prove anything either unless the fired person sues for wrongful termination.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join