It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Homework - Write Statement of Islamic Faith

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: jheated5

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: jheated5
I bet writing a passage saying homosexuality is a sin in Hebrew isn't all that bad, they'd just be copying it down.

It was an art project.

Not a word project.

Good luck teaching that calligraphy without using any words.

It is not just non-Muslims that is upset with this project.

I think she is saying exactly what many here are saying. Maybe those that think they have to protect Muslims at every step, and two for protection at every corner, should take a closer look at what they are really doing and saying.

They are not helping Muslims, they are making the the situation more divisive and creating animosity were there should not be any.

This woman is on the same side as the protesting parents, and for many of the same reasons. The Muslim parents and the non-Muslims parents would would be making a stand together, if the unnecessary Protectors would get the hell out of the way, as I feel it was all too well, demonstrated by the aggression and the persistence of the man that was interviewing her.

A good case of how overzealous do gooders can make nothing but a bigger mess.

Are you actually, really listening to this video? The news guys an A-hole.

Seems to me you are picking and choosing a specific pro Christian parents point you want to make.
edit on 21-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Explain how you equate the video of people handling an issue at the school board meeting with the sensationalizing of copying calligraphy and making it national news. Coocoo IMO.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
...I'm still shocked that US schools don't teach kids about all major religions like UK schools do.
Probably explains why so many folk declare no faith in the census compared to the states. Easy to believe whatever BS one is taught at home if nobody is teaching alternate unverifiable faiths elsewhere in life. Tragic.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Explain how you equate the video of people handling an issue at the school board meeting with the sensationalizing of copying calligraphy and making it national news. Coocoo IMO.

Show me where you saw the parents "sensationalizing of copying calligraphy". It made local news the same way the school board meeting made local news.

So can you explain why you think the "video of people handling an issue at a school board meeting is any less sensational, when he was all over the news as well?

Don't bother to answer that question because we both now what the answer is. I won't put on the spot and ask you to be honest with yourself.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Are you actually, really listening to this video? The news guys an A-hole. Seems to me you are picking and choosing a specific pro Christian parents point you want to make.

as I feel it was all too well, demonstrated by the aggression and the persistence of the man that was interviewing her.

It is obvious your zeal is blocking you from hearing what I am saying.

I have no pro-religious stance. If I can be accused of anything, it would have to be that I am anti-religions. All of them. That is why it galls me that they are trying to use Islam as a poster child for religion.

I don't care which God you worship, or how you worship him. It should not be a choice that affects how other choose to live their lives.

edit on 21-12-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: quote fix

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Perhaps you missed the fact that the school had to actually close down after an abundance of scary emails with vicious photographs were opened. The violence was merely metaphorical in the communications, but frightening all the same. Not coocoo at all right.

Nevermind, Don't bother to answer that question because we both now what the answer is. I won't put on the spot and ask you to be honest with yourself.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Perhaps you missed the fact that the school had to actually close down after an abundance of scary emails with vicious photographs were opened. The violence was merely metaphorical in the communications, but frightening all the same. Not coocoo at all right.

You have still not shown me any evidence where the parents sensationalized or acted cuckoo.

You have made a lot of of vague and generalized statements. But you have not offered one bit of evidence to support the labels you are attaching to the parents of the children involved in this incident.

I know you want to blame the non-Muslim parents because they don't want Islam introduced in the schools without them being aware of the content. But you defend with your dying breath the right of Muslim parents from having their children being introduced to Christianity or Judaism in the schools.

Parents regardless of the God they worship or how they worship, get upset, and by others standards, may even seem irrational or cuckoo, as you are so fond of saying, when their children are introduced to other religions without their approval. They both have legitimate concerns and one is not being more rational or more cuckoo than the other, no matter how you try to twist it.

I have no love for any religion. That is my personal choice. I just have no favor over one or the other. But it does bother me when I see others use one religion as a battering ram against others.

I see it as using Islam as a weapon to bring hate and division under a cloak of deception.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I know you want to blame the non-Muslim parents because they don't want Islam introduced in the schools without them being aware of the content.

They were introduced to a writing style without a translation.

But you defend with your dying breath the right of Muslim parents from having their children being introduced to Christianity or Judaism in the schools

Now you are FOS. I have defended none of that. Stop lying.

Parents regardless of the God they worship or how they worship, get upset, and by others standards, may even seem irrational or cuckoo, as you are so fond of saying, when their children are introduced to other religions without their approval.

Getting upset over being introduced to other religions isn't coocoo it is idiocy.

Your video is about a community of people at a school board meeting wanting their children to have a religious holiday which they were denied.

The other is a bunch of people that have gone coocoo over a homework assignment where they were supposed to copy some calligraphy in a language they didn't understand nor were they asked to translate or told the meaning.

Sane people would resolve the matter by going to the teacher, principal, or school board in that order and it would have been resolved simply.

Instead we get a school being closed down due to security concerns.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Didn't draw me towards believing in any of them though, quite the opposite, they couldn't all be true now could they lol

Same thing happened with my children, they were exposed to the most important religions and that made them non believers, for the same reasons. Education makes you think, question and wonder, and when you do that you step away from religion.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I am atheist. Not pro any belief.

Who exactly is using Islam as a weapon?

In a multi-cultural history class, Christian parents singled out Islam causing the entire school district to close.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

They were introduced to a writing style without a translation.

That is completely naïve to think that.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Do you have evidence to the contrary because that is what has been reported and stated by the school? If you do not have evidence then I will take it as its just your opinion.
edit on 21-12-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

In a multi-cultural history class, Christian parents singled out Islam causing the entire school district to close.

I think it was the message that got them to go over board. We might as well have the children transcribe "all hail Satan, may he rule the earth" hehe religious people are touchy like that...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Do you have evidence to the contrary because that is what has been reported and stated by the school? If you do not have evidence then I will take it as its just your opinion.

Do you honestly think the kids would have a full lecture and transcribe it and not ask what does it mean? OK I'll bite but my kids would not be that way.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Kids ask many questions. So what?

Without evidence such as a link to a parent of one of the students stating they were told the meaning then it is purely conjecture that they were told.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Kids ask many questions. So what?

Without evidence such as a link to a parent of one of the students stating they were told the meaning then it is purely conjecture that they were told.

"Kids ask many questions" that is my point.

Lets go back to my post... I said one would be naïve to think that they didn't talk about what it said in English. Come on this isn't court of law and I'm not going to fly there and interview the kids, but my point stands.

edit on 21-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I said one would be naïve to think that they didn't talk about what it said in English.

I asked for evidence and you keep giving your opinion. As I stated the school did not ask them to translate it nor did they tell them what it meant according to what has been reported.

We are now full circle back to where we started. Go ahead call me naïve again.

The only thing we seem to agree on is that 'kids ask questions". Shocking!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I think it was the message that got them to go over board. We might as well have the children transcribe "all hail Satan, may he rule the earth" hehe religious people are touchy like that...

We already agreed whoever chose that particular script made a bad choice.

But, the text meaning was not even introduced to the class.

The parents could have handled this quietly. It was their choice to make it into a media circus.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I said one would be naïve to think that they didn't talk about what it said in English.

I asked for evidence and you keep giving your opinion. As I stated the school did not ask them to translate it nor did they tell them what it meant according to what has been reported.

We are now full circle back to where we started. Go ahead call me naïve again.

The only thing we seem to agree on is that 'kids ask questions". Shocking!!!

There isn't even facts that teachers knew what it said.

It's possible they couldn't tell the kids if the kids asked.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Imagine if they taught the true history of North America. The way they went about creating these "great" countries and the genocide done to the native people.

The real history and not just selective bits and pieces and that cultural genocide was being practiced just decades ago.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join