It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ark Of The Covenant In Japan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It's a religion thing but I may have gotten the wrong forum as I'm not sure this is a conspiracy. Whatever.

Watching a old episode of Ancient Aliens and there was this little bit about Shinto, their rituals of carrying a ark type object and texts similar to those from the Bible, I believe. Anyway, I don't care about the AA angle it's just something on that show that got me thinking, which is why I watch it.

Does anyone buy into this? Are their claims valid?

Not asking this in a rude way, I really am no scholar. Just a guy who has picked up pieces of stuff here and there about most everything but a master of nothing. This intrigued me so what the hell, here's the thread.

Japan seems like a odd place to me but what do I know. This is probably a joke of a thread but I still went ahead and posted it.
edit on 12/17/2015 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If it was said on Ancient Aliens, it's safe to assume that there's not a lick of truth to it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Some say it's in a cave under Jerusalem, others say it's in a chapel in Axum.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The Ark of the Covenant was found in a cave 20 feet directly below the spot where Jesus was crucified. It has been one of the most fiercely attacked discoveries in history.

Numerous miraculous signs have surrounded it's discovery in 1982.

There are many Arks in various places and ALL of them claim to be real.

But only ONE so far has all of the obvious signs that show it to be the real thing.

Below is a link to an excellent article about the discovery:

"The Ark was found on 6th January 1982 but was kept secret by request of the Israeli Government. ... the whole episode has been compassed about by miracle." THE PROPHETIC TELEGRAPH No.78

Last year I stumbled across something that totally blew my mind...

I read a quote from a book written by an unknown Jewish author in 110 BCE (Maccabees) that 100% correlates Ron Wyatts discoveries and shows that they are in fact the real thing.

"There is a verse in Maccabees that says Jeremiah hid the Ark in a cave on Mount Moriah and sealed the entrance. It then goes on to say that before the end of the world the Ark will be found again."

`The place shall remain unknown', he said, `until God finally gathers His people together and shows mercy to them. Then the Lord will bring these things to light again, and the glory of the Lord will appear with the cloud, as it was seen both in the time of Moses..."

The ARK will have its uses in THE TIME OF THE END

"The Israelis wanted to move the Ark of the Covenant out of occupied territory, into their own territory. ...six men dressed in Levitical garb went into the tunnel system to move the Ark of the Covenant to a safer place and they didn't come out. Ron had to fly to Israel to assist with removing the bodies from the cave. The Ark is very sacred and still holy, set apart and protected. Woe be to those who try to mess around with it, who are not commissioned by God to do so."

"Now the men that were in the tunnel had these walkie-talkies or radios, and I'm sure they were in contact with people that were at the opening to the tunnel. All I can figure is, that they must have made some horrifying noises as they died, which was heard by those outside, otherwise they would have gone in to see what happened to them. But, nobody would go in. Well when I went in they were all six dead. All of them died of a bilateral stroke, as witnessed by the fact that in all six, both of their eyes were crossed." Sources: 1 2

"Inside the cavern Ron encountered four angels who told him they cleaned the cavern out, and to remove the stone tablets when they lifted the heavy Mercy Seat lid up. He did so; and then handed them to one of the angels who set the tablets up on a ledge. The angel told Ron God wanted them to be brought out and shown as soon as the beast has commanded that everyone receive the mark." Source

Below is another huge clue that I came across:

"When Solomon dedicated the temple, the house was filled with the smoke... That is called Shekinah meaning the place where God dwells and rests. Literally meaning rest. God is not looking for a place to just visit; He wants a room to dwell in. He wants a place for you to seek His presence on a daily basis." LINK

edit on 17-12-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

It was made of wood with gold over it. The gold was long melted away I expect during one of the occasions when Israel got plundered. I would not know about the tablets.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Ark of the Testimony, was a wooden chest clad with gold containing the two stone tablets of the Ten Commandments as well as, according to various texts within the Hebrew Bible, Aaron's rod and a pot of manna".

"The Book of Exodus gives detailed instructions on how the Ark is to be constructed. It is to be 2½ cubits in length, 1½ in breadth, and 1½ in height (approximately 131×79×79 cm or 52×31×31 in)."

It was not very big.

" In 587 BC, the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem and Solomon's Temple. There is no record of what became of the Ark in the Books of Kings and Chronicles. But 1 Esdras (the Greek 3rd Book of Ezra) suggests that Babylonians took away the vessels of the ark of God but does not mention taking away the Ark itself:

And they took all the holy vessels of the Lord, both great and small, with the vessels of the ark of God, and the king's treasures, and carried them away into Babylon"

— 1 Esdras 1:54

"In Rabbinic literature, the final disposition of the Ark is disputed. Some rabbis hold that it must have been carried off to Babylon, while others hold that it must have been hidden lest it be carried off into Babylon and never brought back.[13] A late 2nd-century rabbinic work known as the Tosefta states the opinions of these rabbis that Josiah, the king of Judah, stored away the Ark, along with the jar of manna, and a jar containing the holy anointing oil, the rod of Aaron which budded and a chest given to Israel by the Philistines.[14] This was said to have been done in order to prevent their being carried off into Babylon as had already happened to the other vessels. Rabbi Eliezer and Rabbi Shimon, in the same rabbinic work, purport that the Ark was, in fact, taken into Babylon. Rabbi Yehudah, dissenting, says that the Ark was stored away in its own place, meaning, somewhere on the Temple Mount."

I am of the opinion it was melted down and destroyed during the Babylon conquest. Remember, the Babylonians destroyed the whole Temple and took everything of value from Jerusalem and beyond. There is the possibility that if the Ark had been hidden in Jerusalem the ones who knew about it perished and its whereabouts lost.

There is also the possibility that the Ark is more myth than reality like the Golden Fleece, the Holy Grail and Arthur's Sword.

Will we ever know? Logic tells me if it did exist then it was taken to Babylon and destroyed for the gold. Japan is one of the very last places on earth I would go looking for the Ark, lol.

Some Ethiopians believe it is in the Tabota Seyen. The Ethiopians had a culture practise of making copies of the Ark. I think they have just a very old copy there that they made themselves. Their story of how the Ark came into their possession relies on rather a suspect story that,

www.smithsonianmag.com...

"The story is told in the Kebra Negast (Glory of the Kings), Ethiopia's chronicle of its royal line: the Queen of Sheba, one of its first rulers, traveled to Jerusalem to partake of King Solomon's wisdom; on her way home, she bore Solomon's son, Menelik. Later Menelik went to visit his father, and on his return journey was accompanied by the firstborn sons of some Israelite nobles—who, unbeknown to Menelik, stole the ark and carried it with them to Ethiopia. When Menelik learned of the theft, he reasoned that since the ark's frightful powers hadn't destroyed his retinue, it must be God's will that it remain with him."

2 Samuel 6:13-15;

"And so it was, that when the bearers of the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, he sacrificed an ox and a fatling. 14And David was dancing before the LORD with all his might, and David was wearing a linen ephod. 15So David and all the house of Israel were bringing up the ark of the LORD with shouting and the sound of the trumpet."

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I am going to have to disagree on this. RW should have written fiction, oh wait he did.

The Bible says the Ark of the Covenant will never be seen again. (Jeremiah 3:16) Does God lie?
Jer 3:16, KJV

Furthermore RW is a false profit. Hundreds of credible websites debunking him. I'll provide a couple.

www.remnantofgod.org...

scienceblogs.com...

answersingenesis.org...

edit on 18-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: No ch

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
The Ark of the Covenant was found in a cave 20 feet directly below the spot where Jesus was crucified. It has been one of the most fiercely attacked discoveries in history.

Numerous miraculous signs have surrounded it's discovery in 1982.

There are many Arks in various places and ALL of them claim to be real.

But only ONE so far has all of the obvious signs that show it to be the real thing.

Below is a link to an excellent article about the discovery:

"The Ark was found on 6th January 1982 but was kept secret by request of the Israeli Government. ... the whole episode has been compassed about by miracle." THE PROPHETIC TELEGRAPH No.78

Last year I stumbled across something that totally blew my mind...

I read a quote from a book written by an unknown Jewish author in 110 BCE (Maccabees) that 100% correlates Ron Wyatts discoveries and shows that they are in fact the real thing.

"There is a verse in Maccabees that says Jeremiah hid the Ark in a cave on Mount Moriah and sealed the entrance. It then goes on to say that before the end of the world the Ark will be found again."

`The place shall remain unknown', he said, `until God finally gathers His people together and shows mercy to them. Then the Lord will bring these things to light again, and the glory of the Lord will appear with the cloud, as it was seen both in the time of Moses..."

The ARK will have its uses in THE TIME OF THE END

"The Israelis wanted to move the Ark of the Covenant out of occupied territory, into their own territory. ...six men dressed in Levitical garb went into the tunnel system to move the Ark of the Covenant to a safer place and they didn't come out. Ron had to fly to Israel to assist with removing the bodies from the cave. The Ark is very sacred and still holy, set apart and protected. Woe be to those who try to mess around with it, who are not commissioned by God to do so."

"Now the men that were in the tunnel had these walkie-talkies or radios, and I'm sure they were in contact with people that were at the opening to the tunnel. All I can figure is, that they must have made some horrifying noises as they died, which was heard by those outside, otherwise they would have gone in to see what happened to them. But, nobody would go in. Well when I went in they were all six dead. All of them died of a bilateral stroke, as witnessed by the fact that in all six, both of their eyes were crossed." Sources: 1 2

"Inside the cavern Ron encountered four angels who told him they cleaned the cavern out, and to remove the stone tablets when they lifted the heavy Mercy Seat lid up. He did so; and then handed them to one of the angels who set the tablets up on a ledge. The angel told Ron God wanted them to be brought out and shown as soon as the beast has commanded that everyone receive the mark." Source

Below is another huge clue that I came across:

"When Solomon dedicated the temple, the house was filled with the smoke... That is called Shekinah meaning the place where God dwells and rests. Literally meaning rest. God is not looking for a place to just visit; He wants a room to dwell in. He wants a place for you to seek His presence on a daily basis." LINK

I was very excited some years ago when I began researching Ron Wyatts clains, however, after extensive research, I found him to be a fraud. Many of the people he took to Israel have testified as to what he was doing. Furthermore, Ron claimed to find Noahs ark and provided pictures of what he said were the remains. I know this to be false, because my family came from Turkey. My grandfather was born at the base of Mount Ararat. People from our city had been on and inside of it in the past, and it is not where ron describes. More fraud. Ron may actually have been mentally ill. Im sorry. Its a dead end!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Japan? No.

I believe that an Ark, not The Ark, will be discovered somewhere under the temple mount. It will be used by the Beast and the False Prophet to fulfill End Time Prophecy and deceive many.

As ReadLeader posted:
The Bible says the Ark of the Covenant will never be seen again. (Jeremiah 3:16) Does God lie?
Jer 3:16, KJV

We are living in very interesting times indeed.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Is what the AA series said about the Shinto religion false? Does it not have these similarities, and if it does, are they remnants of some other myth/religion/whatever? The Shinto angle is what I'm most interested in. Don't have any clue about this religion.

I really am not the person for these things as I'm a atheist but I still wonder about it all and I don't even know the context of what AA was saying. I have no idea what the Shinto angle had on anything as I'm not exactly sure what the episode was about because I didn't watch the whole thing. By the time I thought of looking it up it was over and gone from the DirecTV list. Right after that was the Ethiopian angle, with the keepers supposedly dying from contact with the "ark". And that is all I saw.

Probably should have left this alone. I'm not really the guy to ask religious questions.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Your inquiry is Ok and you didn't draw any absolute conclusions, but from the little I know Shintoism bares little resemblance to Hebraic religion, if there are any similarities it would be coincidental, the so-called Ark is nothing more than the Kemitian aka Egyptian solar boat diffused into both Ethiopian and Hebrew traditions.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The Ark of The Covenant is in heaven.

Her name is Mary.

"....blessed art thou, among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus."

new topics

top topics

join